Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

6 Nations 2018.

Comments

• Options
    BR3red said:

Decent test that which will stand them in good stead

7 tries as well

Sure was. Wasn’t a great first half, but first game and all that......Credit to Italy though.

Ran away with it in the end, as we have often seen under Jones, they turn the screw in the last 20.

Simmonds is some find - can’t believe he has only been playing top class Rugby for 2 years. Quality from him today.
  • Options
    Being able to bring on so many subs does benefit the stronger nations, who have so much depth and can thus bring on fresh legs of an equally high standard as the starting 15
  • Options

Being able to bring on so many subs does benefit the stronger nations, who have so much depth and can thus bring on fresh legs of an equally high standard as the starting 15

And the English squad is extremely strong.
  • Options

Have "liked" this @killerandflash, but just because you are right, rather than something I am a fan of. Too many subs allowed as far as I am concerned. Just feels wrong being able to change more than half the team, as well as all the shenanigans with HIA and blood replacements.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Have "liked" this @killerandflash, but just because you are right, rather than something I am a fan of. Too many subs allowed as far as I am concerned. Just feels wrong being able to change more than half the team, as well as all the shenanigans with HIA and blood replacements.
    I don't like the use of subs as well, as it's such a mechanical/scientific exercise, with many players effectively now picked to only play 60 minutes, rather than form based.

Being able to voluntarily change over half your team is ridiculous, especially as the limit of 8 doesn't include injury victims of foul play. Imagine if football allowed 5 or 6 subs plus a replacement for anyone injured by an opponent.
  • Options
    Going tommorow. Cannot wait, sure it will be free flowing both ways with the rain adding drama.

IMO will be lots of try's hopefully,

To coin a cliche "rugby will be the the winner", let's hope....

But an England win!
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Going tommorow. Cannot wait, sure it will be free flowing both ways with the rain adding drama.

IMO will be lots of try's hopefully,

To coin a cliche "rugby will be the the winner", let's hope....

But an England win!

Hopefully playing at Twickenham will give us the edge.

I hope Launchbury has a stormer to show Gatland what he missed leaving him out of the Lions squad.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    See the spread is 12 which I think is very generous to England. Expect it to be lot closer than that and even fancy the welsh to sneak it.
  • Options
    ROI flattening Italy.
  • Options
    Something needs to be done about Italy... they've not improved since the six nations got involved and are worse than Georgia (?) in the rankings now!!

Need to introduce a Play-Off between the bottom six nations team and the winners of the championship below!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More Ireland being clinical rather than Italy being poor.

Ireland on this form will take some stopping.
  • Options

Something needs to be done about Italy... they've not improved since the six nations got involved and are worse than Georgia (?) in the rankings now!!

Need to introduce a Play-Off between the bottom six nations team and the winners of the championship below!!

I thought Italy were quite decent last week.
  • Options
    Ireland looking very good, although Italy appear to have lost some of the discipline and tenacity that they displayed last week IMO.

The substitutions for Ireland are understandable, if a little bold.

Still, bonus point before half time - an interesting contrast to the Italian clash last week.
  • Options

ROI flattening Italy.

Not sure if thats a dig, but it's a team for the Island - i.e both ROI and NI. (hence the odd non-national-anthem of Ireland's Call)
  • Options
    I agree with @ForeverAddickted had 1 6 nations win since 2014

Only 1 win in last 17 matches in total
  • Options

I agree with @ForeverAddickted had 1 6 nations win since 2014

Only 1 win in last 17 matches in total

Exactly... thats the sort of form that people have been arguing for a Pre-Qualifying stage for the Euros and World Cup with the likes of San Marino and Malta etc.
  • Options
    Surely forward from Paressi?

Given the match score I would have allowed it though.
  • Options
    David Flatman is a terrible commentator.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    LuckyReds said:

ROI flattening Italy.

Not sure if thats a dig, but it's a team for the Island - i.e both ROI and NI. (hence the odd non-national-anthem of Ireland's Call)
    No dig. Just stupidity...
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

ROI flattening Italy.

A dig? FFS.
    Dig was the the wrong word, I didn't know if there was some subtext behind it. I was curious; that was all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

ROI flattening Italy.

A dig? FFS.
    Dig was the the wrong word, I didn't know if there was some subtext behind it. I was curious; that was all.
    No mate. Just ignorance :-)
  • Options
    Quality run for that try. What a kick for him to run on to!
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Quality run for that try. What a kick for him to run on to!

Yup, well impressive.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

ROI flattening Italy.

A dig? FFS.
    No mate. Just ignorance :-)
    Hah, no worries! I should've re-read my moody post before I sent it; was too busy in the pub!
  • Options
    England will win this comfortably in any case but what a homer video ref! Even the commentators couldn’t believe that Welsh “try” wasn’t given.
  • Options
    Sillybilly I’m still trying (see what I did there) why it weren’t a try
  • Options
    Horrible game. Scrappy and bad tempered.
  • Options

It’s not the best, but we are showing enough for the win.
  • Options
    Gareth Thomas doing a pardew and wearing a shit cravat.
  • Options

As an occasional rugby watcher I’m finding it increasingly difficult to get interested. I used to be glued to the five/six nations but now I’m finding it a real borefest.