Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Not our team but wow 
    One of the problems in women's football is there are fewer clubs which means big differences in standard if you play a county cup. There were 3 levels difference between the sides in that game, and the difference in standard between one of the top hundred clubs in the country and a team who play in their county league will be vast. A lot of teams faced with a draw like that would simply withdraw from the competition, so fair play to them for giving it a go.
  • Options
    No game this week due to the international break, but if you fancy reliving the experience of playing Sunderland, next Sunday they're the visitors at Crayford. 2pm kickoff. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    One of their players dad is one of my best pals, and they are both Charlton, she was at the Bolton game with him and a couple of their other squad members. 
  • Options
    Vyan Sampson is playing for Jamaica in a friendly tonight. Looking at their starting lineup the name Primus jumped out at me. Atlanta Primus, of London City Lionesses. Turns out she's the daughter of Linvoy Primus. Suddenly I feel really, really old...
  • Options
    For those who can't make it to Crayford, we're this week's Championship game on FA Player, squeezed in between the two semi-finals of last year's FA Cup. If you don't already have an account, allow yourself some time to sign up before the game. 
  • Options
    Pitch inspection going on. Kick-off delayed until 2.30 if the ref is happy with the pitch. Reportedly quite a bit of surface water which may be possible to clear. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    it’s gloriously sunny at the moment so provided they can clear the surface it should go ahead.  I bloody hope so as I’ve just driven for 45 minutes to get here 
  • Options
    Pitch inspection passed, kick-off at 2.30. Come on you Addicks!
  • Options
    Got thrown out of fa player, it’s not like I’d taken my shirt off! 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    That's a pretty good effort to get that playable.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking poor today
  • Options
    HT: 0-1
  • Options
    Game of few chances, possibly could have gone either way, although a bit out muscled. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    It was almost like Nigel Adkins had taken over the team. Very negative performance from Charlton. Too many touches before passing and running into nowhere.

Several players appear to be out through injury.
  • Options
    It feels like a proper striker would make a massive difference. I suppose that is easier said than done because they don't grow on trees. 
  • Options
    It feels like a proper striker would make a massive difference. I suppose that is easier said than done because they don't grow on trees. 
    Jess King was scoring goals last season but only gets minutes from the bench in the new set up. Lois Heuchan has scored in the past from midfield but is also on the bench for most games.
  • Options
    Yes, but when Jess King comes on she doesn't look the answer. We probably need a level above but I think it could really elevate us. It is easy to say it though.
  • Options
    Where was Ella Rutherford?
  • Options
    She came off in the second half against Lewes.

Sophie Quirk was walking around in a surgical boot at the game.
  • Options
    Disappointing game really.  We had all the possession but no penetration against a fairly robust defence.  They had one shot I think.

not many chances but we should have won that.  

Still they are forming as a team and that looks positive for the future but results like yesterday will frustrate them because Sunderland were definitely beatable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    I think we a close. Just need a player or two and we can compete in the higher league judging by our games against Brighton and Spurs. We are a bit toothless and that has to be the priority and what will ultimately stop us doing so.
  • Options
    If anyone's anywhere near Chesterfield tomorrow, the away game against Sheffield United is at Chesterfield FC, kick-off 2pm as usual. They've been full-time and although they're a couple of points behind us this one's definitely a tough game.
  • Options
    Ended 0-0. That's a decent result.
  • Options
    Couple of shocks in the division. Palace beat leaders Durham and Watford get their first win of the season at Lewes.
  • Options
    Just what we needed. Palace hitting form the week before we play them away. Typical. 

Anyway, 2pm Sunday 14 November, at Bromley FC. I'm not nervous...
  • Options
    This afternoon's game is on FA Player, which is an unexpected bonus for those unable to get to Bromley. Match preview and link here
  • Options
    Palace's forwards look a class above. They attack in numbers and threaten every time.
    2-0 to palace
  • Options
    Palace are Part time? 
  • Options
    Yes, Palace are part-time. But in this league that's minimum 18 hours a week, so still a decent amount of training time. And they may be getting a benefit from being the only club in London offering that much training time but not asking players to play full-time. Whatever their secret is, they've got a very good side together this year.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I don't want to be to harsh on Cafc woman but they have plenty of the ball but they look toothless in front of goal. 
    The Palace left winger *Wilson puts in some excellent crosses, one totally missed but the other was right on the head of the forward and they scored.

After I saw them lose 2-0 at the wonderful Dripping Pan, Lewes I must be picking the wrong games to watch.
    Not there today at Bromley as had a match yesterday and have a youth cup game tomorrow at Corinthians Casuals.

Watching on FA player and the commentator said Charlton haven't scored for a few games. They look like they are missing a Kit Graham and Liz Ajupi type of strikers.

*Rowe poor cross compared to Wilson.