Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Charlton score 4 and Rutherford who had started the season well was not playing.
    So good to see a competitive cafc women's team in the Championship with the new professional set up and the higher quality that will bring ; Augur's well for the future.
  • Options
    Very tight league so far. Slipped back to 5th today albeit with a game in hand now!
  • Options
    With the new set up heres hoping we can get back to the level we were at in the mid-00s, competing for major silverware. Great start so far!
  • Options
    redman said:
    Very tight league so far. Slipped back to 5th today albeit with a game in hand now!

No team has scored more than Charlton or conceded less.

The game in hand is versus lowly Lewes, who've only a single victory so far.
    Beware the banana skin, of course ..... but a Charlton victory there keeps us right up there with the pace-setters.

• Options
    Next game: 2pm Sunday 10th October against Bristol City at Crayford. Bristol have had a mixed start to the season but they were one of the pre-season favourites and this should be quite a test. 
  • Options
    Grace Cooms left Charlton at the end of last season having played for numerous seasons, and I think was captain. Not sure if her leaving was her choice or Karen Hills but she joined Bristol City so be interesting to see how she is getting on there. 
  • Options
    Grace Coombs didn't move to Bristol City. She followed Charley Clifford to Crystal Palace.

She has a career full time job and didn't want to go professional.
  • Options
    O ok my mistake. I'm sure I read she went to BC but probably in my dreams! I have some weird ones 
  • Options
    Hopefully we can get a good crowd tomorrow for the Bristol game; our first real tough test at home this season. If you can't get to the game, it will be live on the Youtube channel and on CharltonTV, as other home games have been.

Advance notice for this Wednesday - our away game at Spurs in the league cup has been selected as that night's FA Player game so can be watched free on that. They're going really well at the top of the WSL so that one will be on the tough side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully we can get a good crowd tomorrow for the Bristol game; our first real tough test at home this season. If you can't get to the game, it will be live on the Youtube channel and on CharltonTV, as other home games have been.

Advance notice for this Wednesday - our away game at Spurs in the league cup has been selected as that night's FA Player game so can be watched free on that. They're going really well at the top of the WSL so that one will be on the tough side.
    If the aim is to build attendances does seem to be odd that the game is provided as a stream for free as well
  • Options
    Next game: 2pm Sunday 10th October against Bristol City at Crayford. Bristol have had a mixed start to the season but they were one of the pre-season favourites and this should be quite a test. 
    Looking forward to this one - will be Interedting to witness how far they’ve come as I’ve not seen them in the flesh for a while
  • Options
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

If the aim is to build attendances does seem to be odd that the game is provided as a stream for free as well
    I suspect the aim is to increase interest and awareness generally with the aim that people like what they see and will go in the future. I doubt if many people who intend to attend decide not to because it's being streamed. 
  • Options
    The programme's available for download or online reading now. See page 15 for confirmation of this forum's sponsorship of Hollie Olding.
  • Options
    1 up already... 
  • Options
    Bristol started brightly and we scored against the run of play but since then We have been well on top
  • Options
    Over 320 watching on line.
  • Options
    1-1 at the break but Bristol having more of the ball now.

intriguingly poised I’d say 
  • Options
    So close to 2-1

first s goal disallowed for offside that looked very onside

then we hit the inside of the post with a cross/shot.  Very unlucky
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    some of the BC players are quite a lot taller than ours
  • Options
    Sophie Quirk has looked lively since she came on
  • Options
    Pretty frustrating at times today. 
    Some good strength, speed, movement and skill on show, but as with most Charlton teams, they seemed to have an unhappy knack of playing the wrong ball at the crucial moment.
    As I type that, we miss that chance at the end.
    And then score that one at the end end!!!
    😎😎😎
  • Options
    2-1 right at the death!  Great diving header from Follis

tbf she’s looked knackered for the last 15 minutes so fair play to her.

deserved victory as we’ve been the better side for the last 10 or 15
  • Options
    What a last couple of minutes that was!
  • Options

All over.  Rutherford and Quirk, both subs, did the damage with fresh legs.  A good win 
  • Options
    Watched the 2nd half.

Deserved the win although City missed a sitter, as did we late on.

Finished much the stronger.
  • Options
    Great win. Bristol were decent. But we were better. Well deserved.
    Some mistakes and loose balls every so often, but a good performance overall.
  • Options
    Well done girls,to keep going till the end & not be happy with just a point was great to see & was fully deserved,even better that the telling cross came from Megan who kept her head up & who just seconds earlier had the chance herself to seal it…nice one,this was a good watch,Up The Addicks…😁
  • Options
    Cracking goal to win it. Pleased for the girl who crossed it, having previously missed a sitter.