Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Thank the Lord for our batsman "six penalty runs"!
  • Never in doubt.
  • Seven off the last ball required.
  • Phew. Felt lucky. That was defo a 4 with Kuhn.
  • Strewth. That was too stressful.
  • Think that was one of the best games of cricket I have watched on the box.
  • Thank the Lord for our batsman "six penalty runs"!

Amazingly that was the difference! I expected an exciting finish, perhaps not that exciting!
  • Kent qualify for the quarter-finals. A win at the Tinpot County Ground, Chelmsford tomorrow night will see us with a home QF.

They'd better win tomorrow - it's my annual T20 visit and I rarely see Kent beat Essex!
  • 41 off 12 and I thought it was as good as done.
  • Sponsored links:

• I see Essex beat Middlesex. Middlesex have amazingly managed to lose 11 out of the 13 matches they've played!

Gloucs lost tonight so we go 2nd, but they play Hampshire tomorrow who are pretty hopeless, so we need to beat Essex to stay 2nd
  • 10 games in a row Somerset have lost at Canterbury in the T20.
  • I see Essex beat Middlesex. Middlesex have amazingly managed to lose 11 out of the 13 matches they've played!

Gloucs lost tonight so we go 2nd, but they play Hampshire tomorrow who are pretty hopeless, so we need to beat Essex to stay 2nd

That's an understatement - I couldn't believe that Hants, with their white ball reputation, have only won one match this season.
  • Any idea what stopped Milne completing his 4th over?
  • LenGlover said:

Any idea what stopped Milne completing his 4th over?

Two over waist full tosses. Same as Somerset's bowler.
  • LenGlover said:

Bizarre that 2 experienced bowlers did the same thing, and both in their 4th over. I can only assume the ball was a bit wet and it slipped out wrong when they were trying a slower ball or something.
  • 1StevieG said:

10 games in a row Somerset have lost at Canterbury in the T20.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought it was 10 games in a row they have lost to Kent in T20 matches .....fixtures being both in Kent and Somerset and also at different grounds in those counties......or so one would assume.
  • Well done Kent. Final of the One Day Cup and now through to the knockout rounds in the Blast...

Been enjoyable to follow our season thus far.
  • LenGlover said:

My concern was an injury.

We need Milne's economy and wicket taking ability.

Dear old Mitch and Haggett give me the jitters everytime their first over goes for 16 or so....
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Dear old Mitch and Haggett give me the jitters everytime their first over goes for 16 or so....
    I'd bring back Stevo for Haggett for the quarters
  • wmcf123 said:

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

I'd bring back Stevo for Haggett for the quarters
    If he's fit...?
  • http://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/essex-eagles-v-kent-spitfires-fri-6-30pm/

No Stoinis in tonight's squad, I guess they don't want to risk him
  • Does anyone know if they'll be any commentary of tonight's match on the interwebs?
  • Does anyone know if they'll be any commentary of tonight's match on the interwebs?

There usually is on the BBC website, go to the match thread when it starts
  • Hopefully it's on Radio Kent
  • We're home !!!!

After a massive detour around Kent due to feckin diversions, we made it home in just under the time taken to get back from Milton Keynes !

But, boy, was it worth it !

Great batting by our lads with only one missing out on a score, then decent bowling and some blinding catches with reliable (?) Mitch doing what he does best at the death.

Nail biting stuff but their 15 odd no balls/wides came back to bit them on the bum. Not sure what Golfie was on about....they were clearly over the time allotted for their overs as had to bowl the equivalent of 2 additional ones.Them's the rules.

SO hoping for a final win in Chelmsford tomorrow and a home quarter final...as long as it's not next Saturday.

That would give us a dilemma....

Don't forget to follow your heart, worth it, wasn't it? :smiley:
  • Sensational catch by Overton to dismiss Blake.
  • Just got off the train at Chelmsford from Norfolk.

Lovely blue sky, a few light clouds.

Forecast: Kent win.

:smiley:
  • Just seen the highlights of the last few overs and we nearly through it away due to some atrocious fielding by looks of it....hopefully will do better tonight.