Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Are we nearly there ?
  • 116 -8, needing 200+ more runs
  • This could be a great day for Kent.

Two matches to go after this. Glamorgan at Canturbury (a Charlton-sized banana skin?) then Warks at Edgbaston. That's a daunting last game and a great opportunity to eff it up at the last!
  • Vincenzo said:

This could be a great day for Kent.

Two matches to go after this. Glamorgan at Canturbury (a Charlton-sized banana skin?) then Warks at Edgbaston. That's a daunting last game and a great opportunity to eff it up at the last!

Conversely, it could be virtually over, in our favour, b4 tbe last game !
  • Yep, it's shaping up to be a great day for Kent with all the results etc.

Maybe this year it will really happen!
  • Team
    1 Warwickshire 12 8 2 2 33 36 207
    2 Kent 12 9 2 1 11 35 195
    3 Sussex 11 6 2 3 29 31 171
  • Decided to switch to commentary on the Sussex match & guess what ?

First words I heard were " LBW shout....and Jordan''s gone !"

Woohoo !
  • edited September 2018
    122-9 :-)

Still 200 required.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kent should send Chris Rushworth a bottle of champagne, 8 wickets in the first innings, 4 and counting in the second!
  • 131-9. Sussex need 191 runs to win
  • Mission accomplished !
  • Kick on!!!!
  • A little piece of me says I hope it rains non-stop for the rest of September!!
  • If we don't beat Glamorgan, I don't think we deserve to go up. Their record is truly dreadful.
  • ross1 said:

Team

Now

3 Sussex 12 6 3 3 29 34 174
  • CHGCHG
    edited September 2018
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Team

Now

3 Sussex 12 6 3 3 29 34 174
    If Warwickshire win their next match, we can draw against Glamorgan and then lose our last game and go up.
  • edited September 2018
    Barring the weather we will smash Glamorgan. Worse case scenario is a Sussex win and that would put us top ahead of the Warwickshire match.

We're going up guys.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    21 points ahead of Sussex.

If we win next week and Warks beat Sussex, the final game will be a big 4 day promotion party at Edgbaston for both sides!
  • Alternatively, if Sussex beat Warks and get more bonus points than us, it could be a very tense final match at Edgbaston...
  • I love listening to you lot on here.
    Lol

And well done by the way.
  • 21 points ahead of Sussex.

If we win next week and Warks beat Sussex, the final game will be a big 4 day promotion party at Edgbaston for both sides!

You mean that a Kent will last 4 days??
  • 21 points ahead of Sussex.

I'll hopefully be able to get to Edgbaston for a couple of the days.
  • Kent are like Charlton.

It all looks straight forward but there could well be some curves in the road yet. Be it on the field or the vagaries of the weather.

4 non results during a heatwave for example....
  • As expected Kent have signed Matt Milnes from Notts on a 3 year contract:

kentcricket.co.uk/news/kent-sign-paceman-matt-milnes/

A 3 year deal is quite long for someone who's fairly inexperienced. Not sure we desperately needed another seamer, trying to think of anyone who might be leaving after this season
    Have we signed Dexter ?
  • wmcf123 said:

As expected Kent have signed Matt Milnes from Notts on a 3 year contract:

A 3 year deal is quite long for someone who's fairly inexperienced. Not sure we desperately needed another seamer, trying to think of anyone who might be leaving after this season
    Have we signed Dexter ?
    I hope not as I don't think we need an out of form 34 year old journeyman who turned down a 3 year contract to join Middlesex a decade ago is what we need.

Yes I know Denly did this but he only left for 4 years before returning home at the age of 28.
  • wmcf123 said:

As expected Kent have signed Matt Milnes from Notts on a 3 year contract:

Have we signed Dexter ?
    I hope not as I don't think we need an out of form 34 year old journeyman who turned down a 3 year contract to join Middlesex a decade ago is what we need.

Yes I know Denly did this but he only left for 4 years before returning home at the age of 28.
    Agreed. I had assumed that he was being signed as a (inadequate) Stevens replacement; now Stevo has signed a new deal, perhaps it has fallen through