Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• 63-2

Both wickets to the copper, DI Stevens.

65-2, a lead of 34.
  • Sussex 100-8 in another very low scoring match, so hopefully no batting points for them either
  • Gubbins and Malan out. Morgan in - 37 runs in his last 7 CC innings. Let's hope that run continues.
  • On the March. Now 5down
  • edited September 2018
    102-4. Middlesex lead Kent by 71 runs with 6 wickets remaining
  • Surprised to see Morgan playing red ball cricket, at one point I thought he had stopped playing it
  • Logged on here for first time today around 1pm, and found Middx were 100 -2....not great, I thought.

Within 10 mins, "I" had bagged 2 wickets for only a couple of runs !

And now, another one bites the dust !

Methinks I should stay on the sofa , feet up for the rest of the afternoon ( with calls of "Garcon!" every hour or so .....)
  • Sponsored links:

• Pedro45 said:

LenGlover said:

Darren Stevens has signed another one year contract. Thought this might be his last season but interesting that we have re-signed him even though we will, hopefully, be in Div 1 next season. Perhaps, like Tredwell, will be used as a coach too?

Good news.

I do not claim to have any real inside knowledge of affairs at Kent but at one stage I was reliably informed that Stevo was not at all happy about not being involved in T 20 this year, although he was genuinely injured part of the time, and was contemplating leaving at the end of the season.

Glad to see peace has broken out.
    I'm sure he wasn't, but what does he expect when the team was generally playing well. His type of bowling is deadly when it's cloudy and the pitches have some green, but isn't suited to hot dry weather and flat dry pitches which is what we got mid summer
    Rumour has it that when Stevo was left out of the Kent side up at Derby a couple of week sago, he was so annoyed that he went and played two rounds of golf, then came back down south. Ollie Robinson (also left out of the matchday squad) stayed to watch play. Glad he's sorted his dispute out and will be around next year.
    I hope he didn't, as that sounds a bit childish and petulant for a 42 year old

How did Adam Riley feel when after taking all those wickets at Derby, he got left out of the next 2 CC matches? He's someone who needs to be playing, not a veteran at the end of his career
    Errr, I'm a childish & petulant 70 year old ....

And proud of it !

:smile:
  • Gubbins and Malan out. Morgan in - 37 runs in his last 7 CC innings. Let's hope that run continues.

Make that 38 in his last 8 innings and 121 runs in total in 11 innings this season. And we moan about our batsmen in the CC - if he didn't play for England he wouldn't even get in the Middlesex side!
  • 6 down and fourth lbw. Ball keeping low
  • Like it........like it!
  • 114-6. Middlesex lead Kent by 83 runs with 4 wickets remaining
  • 146-6 Middlesex lead by 115.

We need to bowl them out sharpish.
  • Finally Stevens strikes
  • Seems if chasing much above 150 could prove a challenge.
  • edited September 2018
    175-7 Middlesex running away with it.

Usual inability to remove the tail.
  • 8 down as Henry strikes
  • Sponsored links:

• Henry again 9 down
  • 4 wickets for Henry 3 each for Stevens and Podmore.
  • 156 to win

Tough it would seem but hopefully doable for a team with promotion aspirations.
  • Sussex were all out 122 in reply to Durham's 103 so no batting points for them either.

Durham 72-1 in the second knock a lead of 53. Let's hope they score a lot!
  • Crawley out. Hell.
  • edited September 2018
    Kent 13 - 2 can Stevens do it again?
  • Last game we sent Stewart in at 3 as a pinch hitter and this one we did the same with Henry. And between them they managed just one run.