Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anthony Stokes

Comments

• Options

clb74 said:

How tall is he?

Six feet, one inch. Scored a shedload of goals at Celtic and Hibs. Flopped at Sunderland, from where he was loaned to Palace in 2009: 13 apps, one goal. A few years ago he head-butted a man in a Dublin bar; a court ordered Stokes to pay the victim, who worked as an Elvis impersonator, 230,000 Euros. Simon Jordan tweeted: "That's about the same amount I paid Stokes to impersonate a footballer".

The amount of grief Elvis has given me through the wife id of headbutted him as well.
    What you do step on her blue suede shoes?
    Nah, she started to sing "Suspicious Minds".
  • Options

Personally wouldn't give a toss if he turned up for training in a Bobby Sands t-shirt singing republican ballads if he scored 20 goals and got us promoted.

Problem is though that he won't, firstly because we won't sign him, secondly because he's utter shite - he's scored 5 goals in English football in 69 games

Ched Evans coming here would ruffle a few feathers.
  • Options
    There should be a BBC4 docu~drama about this fella.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Can we sink this shit?

Depends on wether it's a floater or not
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Robinson has dismissed a link to Hibernian’s Anthony Stokes.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Robinson has dismissed a link to Hibernian’s Anthony Stokes.

Thank fuck
  • Options
    Charlton have agreed a loan deal to bring in an attacker - but boss Karl Robinson isn't revealing who the player is.

The Addicks are hoping to bring in Crystal Palace winger Sullay Kaikai on loan, while Robinson played down reports linking Hibernian striker Anthony Stokes to the club.

The Valley boss said: "We got the green light for one before kick-off. So we worked very hard through the other night.

"I spoke to the player, spoke to the football club. I’m not going to tell you because I don't want to jinx it. Hopefully we can get one or two things over the line.

"He’s a good size, great shape, he’s 6ft 1ins or 6ft 2ins, he’s quick left-footed. So it will be nice to give us that balance as a lefty.

"But as a striker he can play as a nine. Hopefully we can get him to the training ground on Monday and finish it off.

"We’ll pick up [the Kaikai deal] tomorrow morning. We want to get it over the line. He’s a special talent, I know they've turned down a lot of bids for him.

"I never thought there would be an opportunity to bring him in. His goals to game ratio is as good as most people we've had here.

"I know he went to Brentford and did well and scored some wonderful goals. Maybe the Premier League is a bit soon for him."
  • Options
    Is he related to Doris Stokes?
  • Options

Should we all join hands and ask her? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Funnily enough, her manager used to attend a lot of our games some years back.....can’t remember his name now!
  • Options
    Up the ra!
  • Options

Up the ra!

Royal Ambulance?
  • Options

He's bigger than a medium.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    It’s already been denied we’re in for him, whatever religion/allegiances he has are irrelevant either way.
  • Options
    the striker robinson is referring to is at a championship club - 6 ft 1 and i've revealed already on this board - yesterday - where we are getting him from - gold, solid gold info - we r going up via the play offs folks
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

the striker robinson is referring to is at a championship club - 6 ft 1 and i've revealed already on this board - yesterday - where we are getting him from - gold, solid gold info - we r going up via the play offs folks

Think the confusion came from the player being a left footer.
  • Options

Up the ra!

Now that's just fucking stupid
  • Options

Up the ra!

Now that's just fucking stupid
    Yep, which is why this nonsense should've been sunk IMO.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    But thanks for the heads up Rangerswhatever. Look forward to your next contribution in a few years or so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A very silly comment, but hardly an immediate ban. Maybe a temporary one, unless we know he said it as a troll.

Very, very silly.
  • Options
    "hardley an immediate ban" wot the fuck should be then ?
  • Options
    Agreed GH - promoting a terrorist organisation who murdered many many British people over a prolonged period is as low as it gets.

I’m guessing (but happy to be proved wrong) that racial or homophobic abuse etc would result in a ban??

That was far worse!!
  • Options
    Looking at his otherwise faultless posting history it was probably a bit of weird satire gone awry.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Looking at his otherwise faultless posting history it was probably a bit of weird satire gone awry.

Spot on, mate.

Let's sink this shit and move on.