Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anthony Stokes

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:

iainment said:

Uboat said:

kafka said:

This is England. We don’t care about his religion

OP didn't mention religion.
    It was inferred.
    By you. Unless you mean 'implied', in which case, no it wasn't.
    It was implied then. In my opinion.
  • Options
    Sorry I’ve been out all day.
    I never mentioned (or even know) his religion. He has and does support the IRA and their activities.
    Not what you want half a mile from the Woolwich pub bombings. Totally insensitive to fans from there.
    He is ill disciplined and has just been done for driving without insurance. Hibs wouldn’t let him go without good reason, he is a bad influence in the dressing room.
    I was a big fan of Tony Watt on his good days.
    Zero to do with anti Celtic, was always a fan of Stewart Balmer.
    Hope you had a good day today ...would have loved to be there. Our game cancelled tomorrow. Was looking forward to real football after the Florida cup.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
  • Options

I’m sure we tried to sign over 10 years ago.

Pretty sure that's right. I think we tried to sign him from Arsenal the year we were relegated from the prem.
  • Options
    Pardew tried to sign him I believe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No issue with religion. And his politics are his right in a relatively free UK.
    Hopefully he’s gone to Sunderland.
    Enjoyed the thread ... thanks guys. Miss being there.
    Cheers have a lovely night
  • Options

Uboat said:

iainment said:

Uboat said:

kafka said:

This is England. We don’t care about his religion

OP didn't mention religion.
    It was inferred.
    By you. Unless you mean 'implied', in which case, no it wasn't.
    Sectarian nonsense seems to be rife amongst Rangers and Catholic fans - why would you mention Stokes supports the IRA?

Load of old bollocks....
    Because he does. That’s not sectarian
  • Options

Just tried to ring Roland but it's going to answer phone

Apparently he even put on his website he was coming to us, then went to sunderland
  • Options

No issue with religion. And his politics are his right in a relatively free UK.
    Hopefully he’s gone to Sunderland.
    Enjoyed the thread ... thanks guys. Miss being there.
    Cheers have a lovely night

Hmm. He attended the funeral of a murdered man who was connected with the IRA. You are a fan of Rangers, a football club with so-called "loyalist" sympathies. Do you understand how some may question your motives in posting after all this time?

Anyway have a lovely few years til you next post on here.
  • Options
    Whilst a Rangers fan would have an obvious pre-mediated dislike to Stokes, surely his attendance and implied support of an IRA person/event would disgust any reasonable person!?
  • Options
    Personally wouldn't give a toss if he turned up for training in a Bobby Sands t-shirt singing republican ballads if he scored 20 goals and got us promoted.

Problem is though that he won't, firstly because we won't sign him, secondly because he's utter shite - he's scored 5 goals in English football in 69 games
  • Options

Personally wouldn't give a toss if he turned up for training in a Bobby Sands t-shirt singing republican ballads if he scored 20 goals and got us promoted.

Problem is though that he won't, firstly because we won't sign him, secondly because he's utter shite - he's scored 5 goals in English football in 69 games

So he's an upgrade on Mag then.
  • Options

Oooh, that is bloody harsh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Big Josh has 15 in 65
  • Options
    There was a time when we could be proud of everything Charlton, players included.
  • Options

Big Josh has 15 in 65
    Those 15 goals feel like they were scored a long time ago.
  • Options
    Stokes and his father had a pub just down the road(wrong side of the tracks) from me in Dublin.Lively spot it was.A couple of shootings outside was followed by a mystery fire which burnt the place to the gound.An analogy of Stokes career since.
  • Options

Whilst a Rangers fan would have an obvious pre-mediated dislike to Stokes, surely his attendance and implied support of an IRA person/event would disgust any reasonable person!?

Surely & reasonable?

No & really?
  • Options

Stokes and his father had a pub just down the road(wrong side of the tracks) from me in Dublin.Lively spot it was.A couple of shootings outside was followed by a mystery fire which burnt the place to the gound.An analogy of Stokes career since.

Been reading about his old man today, seems a rather 'interesting' character to put it mildly.
  • Options

True but slightly misleading stat as over 60 of those games were before he was 21. He's probably improved as a player since then.
  • Options
    His dad sounds like a gangster!

Commentators on Sky have just been talking about his off field disruptive behaviour.
  • Options
    I'm sure if Stokes had attended a funeral by someone connected to the UDA then Rangersman would have informed us - I apologise for thinking that he might have sectarian views.

As far as I'm aware no Rangers fans have taken sides in Northern Ireland.