Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kaikai on loan

Comments

• So is he any good ?
    Where does he play?
    What sort of player?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sullay_Kaikai
  • So is he any good ?
    Where does he play?
    What sort of player?

Crystal Palace winger Sullay Kaikai is poised to join Charlton Athletic on loan, HITC Sport understands.

Kaikai has made four appearances for Palace this season with his last outing being as a substitute in the FA Cup defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion earlier this month.

The skilful attacker has come through the ranks at Palace and he is highly-regarded at Selhurst Park after scoring on his first-team debut against Newcastle in 2014.

Kaikai has enjoyed loan spells at Brentford and Shrewsbury over the last two seasons after previous spells at Crawley and Cambridge and Palace feel he would be best served by going out on loan again to continue his development.

• I remember he was excellent for Shrewsbury, was very influential for them and one of the most trickiest and skilful players in the league.

This is a replacement for Holmes, and Mavididi will hopefully move more central as well.
  • We are sometimes really shitty fans.

We are desperate to get out of the THIRD tier of English football and have a smallish squad decimated by injuries and have just sold our best player with one more at least to be sold. An owner who is a maniac and has said our manager you can’t buy anyone. One senior striker in the camp and yet we can still find something to moan about when we sign a prospect on loan from a premier league team. Why ? Because it’s Palace.

Just feck off.

Pretty good reason to be fair.
  • Hey!!!

I used the beggars can’t be choosers first!!

“Like” or think of your own!!
  • TEL said:

Fucking hell, if we weren't like a Monty Python skit already. So many wingers all running up and down the left wing together! Is it Plan B Karl?

Reminded me of that "Charles Charlie Charles sketch at around 2 mins....

https://youtu.be/y4CXY6TVBMc
    That's the funniest thing I've ever seen. Really.
  • Very happy to get Kaikai, with his previous experience he ought to be a very good player at this level now
  • Ok right he was excellent for Shrewsbury and scored lots of goals for them if I remember rightly!
  • Sponsored links:

• The fact that championship teams are still wanting him tells you he’s a pretty good player. I don’t really care where they come from we need players and if they’re any good then that’s a nice bonus.
  • se9addick said:

We are sometimes really shitty fans.

We are desperate to get out of the THIRD tier of English football and have a smallish squad decimated by injuries and have just sold our best player with one more at least to be sold. An owner who is a maniac and has said our manager you can’t buy anyone. One senior striker in the camp and yet we can still find something to moan about when we sign a prospect on loan from a premier league team. Why ? Because it’s Palace.

Just feck off.

Pretty good reason to be fair.
    If you're 6.
  • With recent comments on here & those on the protest thread I have come to the realisation that we have a load of "fans" that are knobs.
  • With recent comments on here & those on the protest thread I have come to the realisation that we have a load of "fans" that are knobs.

I'm not allowed to both "like" and "LOL" or I would.

Go to bed Golfie. It's not good to be reading CL in the early hours. It's breakfast time here; that's OK.
  • A Palace palacquaintance said he is very useful, will score goals, will be stand out in league 1. He had a successful loan spell at Brentford.
  • How many loan players are we allowed in the 18 man squad now?
  • How many loan players are we allowed in the 18 man squad now?

• edited January 2018
    se9addick said:

How many loan players are we allowed in the 18 man squad now?

EDITEd
    Thanks.

So a
    Amos, Kaikai, Dasilva, Mavididi is four and Konsa find if he is loaned back leaving no room for one big centre forward on loan

Sorted :wink:
  • Sage said:

I remember he was excellent for Shrewsbury, was very influential for them and one of the most trickiest and skilful players in the league.

This is a replacement for Holmes, and Mavididi will hopefully move more central as well.

What do we think then - maybe a front line of

Fosu/Marshall Mavididi KaiKai

Magennis

I was hoping this might be a signing to give us more chance of going 2 up top. KaiKai, Marshall & Fosu competing for the wing positions and Mavididi and Mag up front
  • Sponsored links:

• Rather sullen at this news.
  • Hope he does well and helps us win games if he signs.
  • Scraping the bottom of the barrel springs to mind. However, if I was a regular attendee this season I’d be saying give the lad a chance. As I’m a boycotter I say, he’s Palace .. no way Jose
  • se9addick said:

How many loan players are we allowed in the 18 man squad now?

Thanks.

So Kaikai, Dasilva, Mavididi and Zonda is four leaving room for one big centre forward.

Sorted :wink:
    And Konsa when he's loaned back
  • _MrDick said:

Scraping the bottom of the barrel springs to mind. However, if I was a regular attendee this season I’d be saying give the lad a chance. As I’m a boycotter I say, he’s Palace .. no way Jose

What exactly about his history suggests bottom of the barrel?
  • From Crawley to Charlton. I wonder if he'll notice any difference ?
  • _MrDick said:

Scraping the bottom of the barrel springs to mind. However, if I was a regular attendee this season I’d be saying give the lad a chance. As I’m a boycotter I say, he’s Palace .. no way Jose

It’s not exactly scraping the bottom of the barrel is it?

Should we get somebody in on loan from a Sunday league team instead? Or maybe give Keith Peacock a game?