Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dolores O'Riordan RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Very, very sad. RIP D.
  • Options
    What a crap day, first Cyril and now a truly unique voice and performer, both no age. RIP Dolores
  • Options
    That is shocking. What a talent. RIP
  • Options
    Wow, that's no age at all. RIP.
  • Options

Couldn’t believe it when I saw this thread, hoping it wasn’t true. Made me feel a bit sick.

I saw The Cranberries a number of times after initially buying their Uncertain EP and hearing their Peel Session.

A couple of times were at The Marquee on Charing Cross Road in front of a sparse crowd. Dolores, with her dark bob, seemed a quiet, shy, beautiful (I guess) 21 year old with a such lovely fragile voice.

After that I saw at them at the Camden Underworld, where Dolores introduced Zombie as a ‘new one’.

A little while passed and the next time I saw them was at the LA2, also on Charing Cross Road. They’d been supporting Duran Duran (I think) on their US tour and become a lot more popular. Dolores now had spiky blonde hair and was loudly orchestrating the packed venue to sing along to the popular songs. Wasn’t my favourite gig of all time!

Saw them at Milton Keynes also.

I only have the first two Albums but ‘No Need To Argue’ is one of my favourite LPs.

RIP Dolores and thank you so much x

Oh mate, truly gutted, shocking news.
  • Options
    Had a very troubled past. Hope she finds peace.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Shocked when I heard this earlier. Way too young. Such a stunning voice. I don’t think I’ve heard anyone before, or since, who sounded like that. So fragile & so strong, within a breath. Thoughts are with her family & friends.

Rest in Peace Dolores
  • Options
    Omg ! Extremely sad news RIP Delores
  • Options
    Folks, I know little about the Cranberries, other than Delores had a beautiful voice.
    If I had to have one album, what would you recommend. thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daggs said:

Folks, I know little about the Cranberries, other than Delores had a beautiful voice.

They have no bad albums but go for No Need to Argue.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

Here's a mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts&list=RDEMkK2NSs_F78yYrJZkDQpdgg
  • Options
    Just bought it. :)
  • Options
    How sad, great voice. RIP
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Linger is a true classic, on youtube is a 1993 version, where it looks like they are performing in a shopping centre, and her voice is brilliant.

She had the ability to sing sounding recognisably "Irish" (as Cerys Matthews sings Welsh), her death is such a shame.
  • Options
    Fantastic voice RIP far to young.
  • Options
    Was truly shocked to see this on the BBC news this morning. Im gutted. She was a true talent and had a wonderful voice. Last saw her being interviewed on tv here where she sang live, she seemed to be a warm likeable character and boy could she sing. Rest in peace Dolores. May your memory Linger......
  • Options
    East Terrace - you scratched out the lyrics to Linger and posted them to me in Hull. But her voice did it.

And so it goes.
  • Options

East Terrace - you scratched out the lyrics to Linger and posted them to me in Hull. But her voice did it.

And so it goes.

Jesus. Good memory! Just may have had a thing about dear Dolores back then.
    They played four times in a month at The Marquee (in a busy year) according to this:
    http://cranberriesworld.com/live/concerts/#1992
    Still have the T-Shirt somewhere.

Here’s the muffled Peel Session, with an early version of Linger, where I probably would have first heard it:
    https://youtu.be/9cP3znmSoyU

For a band that I only saw 5-ish times, have two of their Albums, a handful of Singles and then from 1995/6 passed me by, they always had a part of me. What music can do to you eh?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gone way to young,what a talent she was,shocked...RIP Dolores
  • Options
    Daggs said:

Just bought it. :)

It's a great album mate
  • Options
    The stand out memory I have was that around 1993 maybe 94 Suede went over to America on the back of the NME doing a front cover about the British invasion of bands . They were supported by the then little known Cranberries who blew them off stage.
  • Options
    A beautiful talented women, so so sad and shocking.

RIP Dolores.
  • Options
    Makes it even sadder somehow ... 'tragic accident'.

https://bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45434898
  • Options
    R I P
  • Options
    Completely tragic.
  • Options
    Don't want to think about this, it will do no good.
    Such a great shame.
    See you on the other side Delores.
  • Options
    Died in the bath.....same as Jim Morrison.