Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHECKATRADE TROPHY | Charlton v Oxford United - MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

JJ coaches players on corners, who trains them on penalties and shooting below the bar?

Jonny Wilkinson by the look of it!!!
  • Options
    Well at least a few first team members got a run out eh? Good job we are storming the league.
  • Options
    Used to have players with simple, one word surnames. Went....Moore.... Campbell etc. Trouble is with double barrelled, it makes the team sheet look as though Charlton outnumber the opposition big time, and should easily overwhelm them. Plugin Hybrids!! He's not one of the Suffolk Hackett-Fairchilds, is he?
  • Options
    God help us if we ever need to win a play off final pen shoot out !!!
  • Options
    24 shots, 2 on target.
    3 penalties, none scored
    Peter Risdale mentioned as being in the Directors box.

It is always darkest just before dawn. Onwards and upwards, shit competition couldn’t give two shits we are out. Didn’t even realise we were playing until reading the takeover thread at about half time.
  • Options
    Terrible. Why can we only ever manage one decent 45 minutes! And as for the penalties...Two terrible ones saved and one skyed....but you just knew it was going to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    uie2 said:

The playoffs, derbies & cup games are not for us full stop mate. We've bottled big occassions for years.

The most exciting it gets as a Charlton fan is sneaking a hard fought 1-0 win over 4th from bottom Oldham.
  • Options
    Just googled ABBA's greatest hits to see if we missed any.....but got distracted by this...

https://goo.gl/images/6rSCMF
  • Options
    Piss poor finishing . Can't even score a penalty FFS . Get them in early tomorrow , oh hold on we've tried that one already .
  • Options

uie2 said:

Jim Mora of the New Orleans Saints said it best...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Was that Karl Robinson ?

• Options

uie2 said:

The playoffs, derbies & cup games are not for us full stop mate. We've bottled big occassions for years.

The most exciting it gets as a Charlton fan is sneaking a hard fought 1-0 win over 4th from bottom Oldham.
    "Big occasions"

You've somehow made me feel even worse!
  • Options

Piss poor finishing . Can't even score a penalty FFS . Get them in early tomorrow , oh hold on we've tried that one already .

Yeh, but get them in early tomorrow AND be bloody beastly about it!
  • Options

24 shots, 2 on target.
    3 penalties, none scored
    Peter Risdale mentioned as being in the Directors box.

It is always darkest just before dawn. Onwards and upwards, shit competition couldn’t give two shits we are out. Didn’t even realise we were playing until reading the takeover thread at about half time.

I thought this was bet365 posting false match stats again but I've seen this on BBC as well. What exactly were the 22 shots off target, were players just hitting and hoping from 40 yards? Or were our players really that bad near goal?
  • Options
    Who is getting the car park interview with KR?
  • Options

Who was our last penalty taker we could rely on? Buyens?

Mark Reid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who is getting the car park interview with KR?

Mark Curry
  • Options
    I've been following the club for the best part of 30 years now, and I think we've made it past the round of 32 in a cup twice in that time.

Seriously, anyone who expected us to do anything other than get knocked out tonight was delusional.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Mark Reid
    Don't forget Super, Super Clive and Darren Bent.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Fumbluff said:

Mark Reid
    In my time: Mark Reid, Clive Mendonca, Darren Bent, Yoni Buyens. Everyone else you were at least a bit nervous watching them run up, but it has been a particularly bad crop since Buyens left. We must be running at less than 50% success rate for the last 2 seasons, possibly even if you exclude shoot-outs.
  • Options
    24 shots 22 off target.... not exactly they blocked a lot of our shots In fairness.
  • Options
    We don’t practice pens cos we never get them.
  • Options
    First half ok. Second shit. We can’t put 90 mins together at the moment.

Our finishing is woeful as is the set piece delivery.

Penalties absolutely laughable. 3 absolute shockers. Kudos to Hackett-Fairchild for a brilliant Nicky Bailey impression.

Couldn’t tell how many were in the west from my seat. Was the crowd given out?
  • Options

First half ok. Second shit. We can’t put 90 mins together at the moment.

Our finishing is woeful as is the set piece delivery.

Penalties absolutely laughable. 3 absolute shockers. Kudos to Hackett-Fairchild for a brilliant Nicky Bailey impression.

Couldn’t tell how many were in the west from my seat. Was the crowd given out?

1146 I think.
  • Options
    Somebody said we would lose 2-1 when we were 1-0 up and cruising. FFS it was worse!