Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson out?

Comments

• Options

After watching his press conference it is clear that he has been mislead and that he has been made to look a fool. He was sold the club that they would invest in players and bring the best as well as keep the current crop, however we would have to lose players such as Lookman and potentially Konsa in which he has bought into. Karl has sold this to the players such as Holmes, Pearce,Reeves, Kashi, and he as a manager will lose face as a manager.
    i think it is awful the way he has been treated, he has been honest in what he has said and professional within his pre season training, as well as attending fans events which is true mark of the man. Furthermore he has listened to the fans and brought in the likes of Jackson within his backroom team.
    Personally i wouldn't be shocked if he walked and the only thing that at this stage would keep him here is that he is loyal to the club and fans.

Still haven't seen this press conf. It's not on Valley Pass.
  • Options

I don't think Robinson is the problem - if he was better backed we would be higher up the league, but there has to be a question mark as to whether he is the solution. If I was buying the club, I would give him a chance, but you can understand why that may not be the case in the same way Powell was effectively toast as soon as Duchatelet bought the club. OK, being a Charlton legend helped him hang on for a bit, but it was never going to be long! Robinson doesn't have the currency of legendary status!

If he was better backed would he have knowledge of more than one formation?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

After watching his press conference it is clear that he has been mislead and that he has been made to look a fool. He was sold the club that they would invest in players and bring the best as well as keep the current crop, however we would have to lose players such as Lookman and potentially Konsa in which he has bought into. Karl has sold this to the players such as Holmes, Pearce,Reeves, Kashi, and he as a manager will lose face as a manager.
    i think it is awful the way he has been treated, he has been honest in what he has said and professional within his pre season training, as well as attending fans events which is true mark of the man. Furthermore he has listened to the fans and brought in the likes of Jackson within his backroom team.
    Personally i wouldn't be shocked if he walked and the only thing that at this stage would keep him here is that he is loyal to the club and fans.

It was only Valley Pass as of yesterday afternoon.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

If you're already logged in click this link:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/video-player?widgets[stream-amg][content_id]=0_kuma1tte

That should open straight up to it.
  • Options

Yes it's awful, but anyone who had their eyes wide open would never have got into this situation in the first place. It's been public knowledge for years that the regime is bad news, yet Robinson still decided to join the club. I don't have too much sympathy if I'm honest.
    mogodon said:

That said, he cannot claim he arrived in the belief the owner was as good as his word and all was sweetness and joy at The Valley. He willingly stuck his head into a wasps' nest and cannot be too surprised that he has been stung.
    Both completely fair points.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I think maybe his arrogance bit him on his bum. I don't think he came in totally blind, but I think he's extremely shocked at how things have actually been.

I think he expected to actually get things turned around and got us promoted at the first time of asking. Whether we like it or not, would have warmed a minority to the regime.

IF we had then done well this season in the Championship and been around the play offs, many on here would start to warm to them, admitting things had changed.

Finally had we gone that extra step next season and got promoted, many fans would love KR, They'd tolerate the regime and they'd be back in the promised land.

THE PROBLEM
    Roland never changes, he never loses and he cares little for his customers. The stuff above would and will never happen to a club run by Roland.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I think maybe his arrogance bit him on his bum. I don't think he came in totally blind, but I think he's extremely shocked at how things have actually been.

I think he expected to actually get things turned around and got us promoted at the first time of asking. Whether we like it or not, would have warmed a minority to the regime.

IF we had then done well this season in the Championship and been around the play offs, many on here would start to warm to them, admitting things had changed.

Finally had we gone that extra step next season and got promoted, many fans would love KR, They'd tolerate the regime and they'd be back in the promised land.

THE PROBLEM
    Roland never changes, he never loses and he cares little for his customers. The stuff above would and will never happen to a club run by Roland.

Quite a lot of hypotheticals there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Under some owners those hypotheticals would be objectives and potential outcomes.

Under an owner that won't 'buy his girlfriend a gift when he's about to break up with her' or spend much money on rectifying his mistakes it'll never happen. Hence the main problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
  • Options
    That's the transfer market - you win some, you lose some.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Or in our case - you lose some, you lose some
    Not quite that bad Arsene, you lose some you draw some.
  • Options
    At some stage it will balance out - when it does we're due for the Champions League.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Or in our case - you lose some, you lose some
    You're right- I hadn't taken 'being Charltonised' into account......Fumbluff's mention of Neil Redfearn really should have jogged my memory on that score.

I do sometimes feel that the moment that superb player we're all really excited about signing finally puts pen to paper that we shouldn't be surprised if he instantly contracts the dreaded 'spongefoot disease'*

*BTW, I'm pretty sure that the player who led to the coining of this phrase was already afflicted with the condition before we signed him - although we probably didn't realise how contagious it was!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Yes it's awful, but anyone who had their eyes wide open would never have got into this situation in the first place. It's been public knowledge for years that the regime is bad news, yet Robinson still decided to join the club. I don't have too much sympathy if I'm honest.

That said, he cannot claim he arrived in the belief the owner was as good as his word and all was sweetness and joy at The Valley. He willingly stuck his head into a wasps' nest and cannot be too surprised that he has been stung.
    No doubt you both will supporting the team from the comfort of your armchair tomorrow
  • Options

se9addick said:

No doubt you both will supporting the team from the comfort of your armchair tomorrow
    I will.

Robinson out !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

I will.

Robinson out !
    Thank f**k for that
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    se9addick said:

I don't think Robinson is the problem - if he was better backed we would be higher up the league, but there has to be a question mark as to whether he is the solution. If I was buying the club, I would give him a chance, but you can understand why that may not be the case in the same way Powell was effectively toast as soon as Duchatelet bought the club. OK, being a Charlton legend helped him hang on for a bit, but it was never going to be long! Robinson doesn't have the currency of legendary status!

If he was better backed would he have knowledge of more than one formation?
    Possibly not but he might be able to make his favoured formation work when he has injuries to key players.

Roland seems to have told ROT last August that he wasn't going to invest in the team because we haven't got a 12th man. Clearly Robinson got a different story!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I don't see any rational argument that KR is not an average to at least slightly above average L1 manager. Given we are a very average L1 club right now with a dreadful owner, wanting Karl out is nonsensical given what would likely walk in the door after he leaves. If we sell, fine, but wanting KR out now because of hopes of who may own the club in the future seems like a poor decision to me. The future is the future and now is now. One thing at a time.
  • Options

Robinson wont be gone under this regime, but, by god, i hope he is under the next.

Who you bringing in as his replacement ?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

se9addick said:

Eh ? I'm a season ticket holder who does plenty of aways, I'll be there tomorrow - thanks for asking.
  • Options
    What I would say is that it is an impossible job at the moment and Robinson is not the problem. I don't think we should be laying into him but supporting him. If the new owner when we get one wants a new manager fine - but Robinson and the players need our support and the bloke is getting mine. Hearing that he slagged of Duchatelet today puts him firmly in our camp IMO.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

What I would say is that it is an impossible job at the moment and Robinson is not the problem. I don't think we should be laying into him but supporting him. If the new owner when we get one wants a new manager fine - but Robinson and the players need our support and the bloke is getting mine. Hearing that he slagged of Duchatelet today puts him firmly in our camp IMO.

I don't think Robinson is in our camp at all, he knew the score when he took Duchatelet's silver.

I would say that, at this point, Robinson is at least part of the problem.
    Agree , Robinson is in Camp Robinson ... the same camp he has been in since joining!