Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson out?

I’ll start this by saying I still think it’s too early and we need to get January out of the way at the very least, we’ve gone on good runs with him before and we may well again. The questions I want to ask are:
1. How long do you think he should get to correct it?
2. How patient do we think Roland will be? Naive as ever with his spending in the summer stopping well short of a big enough squad but I still think he ‘planned’ on going up this season and he’ll see that slipping away.

Comments

• "We'll never drop out of the Playoff places this season". Fuck off Karl and keep your fucking mouth shut
  • If we haven't won by the end of the OIdham game I'd get rid. And I'm very patient with managers
  • I’m posting on the assumption that a takeover is a way away still too. As I said I don’t think he should go yet but I think Parkinson was sacked for similar.
  • His stupid reluctance not to change a playing system that will not work in league one will eventually be his downfall.
    As for when only Roland knows.
    Will he support him in the transfer window or will he make a change.
    We will find out in the next couple of weeks
  • No way for me. However he's lack of change is starting to wind me up
  • cafctom said:

No. We're 6th in the league for crying out loud. If we were down to 12-13th then sure, change things up.

Not his fault that our squad is depleted heavily due to poor running of the club.

Not sure why people are even suggesting that sacking him would help us to be honest.

Based on current scorelines we are 8th and will be 9th if Pompey win
  • Sponsored links:

• Won't make a difference, I'm starting to think he's a crap manager but we would only get some no mark in and we don't have the squad good enough for championship footie. I would say 5 of our players or so are good enough maximum.

All optimism drained from me, best we can hope for is 6th, probably get a mid table finish. We need new owners, that's it really. When we do then get rid of him probably yeah
  • He's far from perfect, but let's face it, are we likely to attract any better and then fund them?
  • Don't rate Robinson - no
    cafctom said:

No. We're 6th in the league for crying out loud. If we were down to 12-13th then sure, change things up.

Not his fault that our squad is depleted heavily due to poor running of the club.

Not sure why people are even suggesting that sacking him would help us to be honest.

Six games without a win playing inept football-can't blame all that on injuries. Don't think he's a good manager and I'm sure we can find someone just as bad.

Won't get a decent manager under this owner.
  • Eight first time players injured and at least three others playing at less than 80%.

No you can't blame it all on injuries. Just the vast majority.
  • Sponsored links:

• Robinson is very mediocre, irritating and overweight but he is not the core problem.

I'm totally against the fat acceptance movement but many of our own fans are far fatter fuckers than our manager. He's actually quite slim for a northerner.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Eight first time players injured and at least three others playing at less than 80%.

So that explains all the last six games does it? KR has no managerial shortcomings?
  • The core problem is the owner and until that changes no decent manager would take the job. KR is better than Fraeye.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Eight first time players injured and at least three others playing at less than 80%.

So that explains all the last six games does it? KR has no managerial shortcomings?
  • edited December 2017

stonemuse said:

Fuck all to do with Robinson now, it’s all up to Roland.

Robinson quoted as saying he had an outstanding budget and as saying RD does not interfere at all and that KM is excellent. He chased Reeves all summer and bought in Marshall, Page and Dodoo.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t sack him, it is no coincicidence that we have had zero success in 3years of current ownership BUT if he is going to come With these claims and go for plaudits at City Addick about signing Fosu he has to take a fair slug of the blame for now and should certainly not be immune from criticism just because RD is the arch villain.

Needs to change tactics, needs to learn to pipe down sometimes and have a little more tact and needs to learn to bring the right players into the club. Can’t help thinking a more experienced number 2 would have helped in a situation like now but that, again, was his choice.
    Sometimes yout have to suck the owners off in the hope that they'll give you some spending money in kind.

Problem is Robbo is less skilled at it than he thinks.
  • edited December 2017

stonemuse said:

Fuck all to do with Robinson now, it’s all up to Roland.

Robinson quoted as saying he had an outstanding budget and as saying RD does not interfere at all and that KM is excellent. He chased Reeves all summer and bought in Marshall, Page and Dodoo.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t sack him, it is no coincicidence that we have had zero success in 3years of current ownership BUT if he is going to come With these claims and go for plaudits at City Addick about signing Fosu he has to take a fair slug of the blame for now and should certainly not be immune from criticism just because RD is the arch villain.

Needs to change tactics, needs to learn to pipe down sometimes and have a little more tact and needs to learn to bring the right players into the club. Can’t help thinking a more experienced number 2 would have helped in a situation like now but that, again, was his choice.
    Didn't buy Dodoo - he loaned him. Fosu was a fantastic signing.