Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson out?

Comments

• Options
    cafc999 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I've quite liked the guy. He's passionate, seems to care, has a game plan that he really wants to stick to and I respect that (to a degree).

But having seen three games in the last month, each of the first half performances were abysmal and the second halves vastly improved. I think it's because we are going behind, so when the opponents sit deep we get the ball and attack. Otherwise, we can't seem to defend when teams come at us, and our counter attacking is non-existent. The attacking midfield has been pathetic, and big Josh is useless. Is that all his fault? Probably. But I can handle him until the new owners come in (and restore SCP to his rightful position).

What I can't handle is him offering fans out after the game (and his players doing the same off the back of it), no matter how abusive they get. That's pathetic, lower-league scummy behaviour and I am not remotely interested in supporting that, and won't be sorry to see him go as a result.

What ???

Not read anything on this
    I saw him mouth off to a few fans in the north lower just before he went down the tunnel.
    Probably thinks his days are numbered.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

JiMMy 85 said:

I've quite liked the guy. He's passionate, seems to care, has a game plan that he really wants to stick to and I respect that (to a degree).

But having seen three games in the last month, each of the first half performances were abysmal and the second halves vastly improved. I think it's because we are going behind, so when the opponents sit deep we get the ball and attack. Otherwise, we can't seem to defend when teams come at us, and our counter attacking is non-existent. The attacking midfield has been pathetic, and big Josh is useless. Is that all his fault? Probably. But I can handle him until the new owners come in (and restore SCP to his rightful position).

What I can't handle is him offering fans out after the game (and his players doing the same off the back of it), no matter how abusive they get. That's pathetic, lower-league scummy behaviour and I am not remotely interested in supporting that, and won't be sorry to see him go as a result.

What ???

I was down the front of F block talking to my photographer mate after the game. As the team and Robinson left the pitch, I figured, I'll shake my head at him a bit. That's how bad the first half performance was.

Some guy nearby decided to be a bit more vocal, and clambered into the front row and let rip. It was pretty standard stuff. "That was fucking shit, fuck off you useless c***" and so on. Robinson initially did the "talky talky" gesture, while sarcastically nodding, but as he got to the tunnel, it switched to a gesture that I construed as "outside the ground". He was then followed by Kashi, who did the same gesture, which again looked a lot like "You're all talk, see you outside the ground you mouthy talker."

I said to my friend, "did he seriously just offer this guy out?" and my friend and his colleague concurred, although they found it hilarious.

I happened to be outside the players exit a bit later, waiting for my friend to pack up, but the guy shouting wasn't there so I can only assume he didn't take Robinson or Kashi up on their offers.
  • Options
    Yer sack him, RD is notorious for supporting a new regime with funds.
  • Options

Football fans make me laugh. They give some verbal to Robinson after a bad defeat and then moan that he responded. I’m sure Karl at that moment was equally stressed by the result as anyone. If he had turned his back he would be condemned for not giving a toss. I’m glad he responded in the way he did. It shows he does give a toss.

There’s a difference between giving back a bit of verbal and offering fans out in the car park.

He’s a manager of a professional football team ffs.
    Well we don’t know about that do we.

• Options
    Don’t know about what? NSS was quoted on what happened on the previous page.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

“Motioned he wanted me outside”

Hardly conclusive is it. Could just as easily have been motioning for him to come and do better?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Football fans make me laugh. They give some verbal to Robinson after a bad defeat and then moan that he responded. I’m sure Karl at that moment was equally stressed by the result as anyone. If he had turned his back he would be condemned for not giving a toss. I’m glad he responded in the way he did. It shows he does give a toss.

There’s a difference between giving back a bit of verbal and offering fans out in the car park.

He’s a manager of a professional football team ffs.
    Well we don’t know about that do we.

He’s a manager of a professional football team.

I don't know about that either.

Personally I don't get this support for morons hurling abuse at our manager. If someone called you a cunt to your face at work, you'd be able to have them punished. If you saw them again in the street you might finish it. KR was just speeding up that process.

It's a bit of caveman like behaviour in response to moronic and caveman like behaviour.

Plenty on here try to offer one another out for a fight (or did so in the past) so to get offended when they get offered out should surprise me but as KR gestured:

• Options
    All the way through the manager merry-go-round we have had since Roland took over, it’s been clear that no manager appointed by the regime will ever be given the funds or support to produce a competitive side. If he goes whilst TwoShits owns us, who on earth will take on the role? Robinson is not great but he’s not the worst we’ve had. Yes, the tactics have become tired, predictable and uninspiring of late but it’s not exactly the shitshow we’ve seen under the likes of Fraeye.
    No-one in their right mind changes managers midway through a club takeover (although we have Roland involved), but who knows what will happen once the ink is dry on the deal.....
    Right now we need to worry about who will own us, not who the manager is.
  • Options

“Motioned he wanted me outside”

Hardly conclusive is it. Could just as easily have been motioning for him to come and do better?
    Be interesting to know how those two things could be mixed up. Must be an interesting game of charades in your house at Christmas
    Game of charades is perhaps an appropriate phrase.

• Options

All the way through the manager merry-go-round we have had since Roland took over, it’s been clear that no manager appointed by the regime will ever be given the funds or support to produce a competitive side. If he goes whilst TwoShits owns us, who on earth will take on the role? Robinson is not great but he’s not the worst we’ve had. Yes, the tactics have become tired, predictable and uninspiring of late but it’s not exactly the shitshow we’ve seen under the likes of Fraeye.
    No-one in their right mind changes managers midway through a club takeover (although we have Roland involved), but who knows what will happen once the ink is dry on the deal.....

Whilst i agree with most of what you've said, it is worth pointing out that Fraeye's shitshow was at least in a higher division. 2 wins in 14 i think was his record. KR is now 8 without a win in a lower division. Now whilst i'm not for a second saying that KR is worse than Fraeye, but he's hardly covering himself in glory as we drop points against the might of Southend, Gillingham, Scunthorpe, Wimbledon and Blackpool.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Football fans make me laugh. They give some verbal to Robinson after a bad defeat and then moan that he responded.

One guy. Not 'They'. Indeed, I was surprised he didn't get more stick than he got.

If he had turned his back he would be condemned for not giving a toss.

Who exactly would have condemned him?

I’m glad he responded in the way he did. It shows he does give a toss.

Then we have very different standards for what we expect of the Charlton manager.
    I doubt that

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Whilst i agree with most of what you've said, it is worth pointing out that Fraeye's shitshow was at least in a higher division. 2 wins in 14 i think was his record. KR is now 8 without a win in a lower division. Now whilst i'm not for a second saying that KR is worse than Fraeye, but he's hardly covering himself in glory as we drop points against the might of Southend, Gillingham, Scunthorpe, Wimbledon and Blackpool.
    It's not the first time Robinson has gone 8 league games without a win during his 14 months with us.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Listen, it made me laugh more than anything else wot a twat, do you really think he was going to meet me outside and do you think I was going to wait 90 minutes for him after the game. As said I was shouting play two fuckin up front, the truth obviously hurt him.

Oh was it you? I was a few feet away from you Steve, and I think we both know you weren't quite that polite...
    QED ?

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

What ???

I was down the front of F block talking to my photographer mate after the game. As the team and Robinson left the pitch, I figured, I'll shake my head at him a bit. That's how bad the first half performance was.

Some guy nearby decided to be a bit more vocal, and clambered into the front row and let rip. It was pretty standard stuff. "That was fucking shit, fuck off you useless c***" and so on. Robinson initially did the "talky talky" gesture, while sarcastically nodding, but as he got to the tunnel, it switched to a gesture that I construed as "outside the ground". He was then followed by Kashi, who did the same gesture, which again looked a lot like "You're all talk, see you outside the ground you mouthy talker."

I said to my friend, "did he seriously just offer this guy out?" and my friend and his colleague concurred, although they found it hilarious.

I happened to be outside the players exit a bit later, waiting for my friend to pack up, but the guy shouting wasn't there so I can only assume he didn't take Robinson or Kashi up on their offers.
    Maybe Kashi was begging for anyone to be Karl's replacement after all. :lol:
  • Options

KR will be our manager until the new owners come in.

Roly isn't going to get rid now when a) he couldn't give a shit how badly we do and b) he won't want to waste more money having to pay him off.

Then it's up to the new owner to decide.

I agree with this, RD won't even be thinking about the manager.

The only two reasons I can see KR's position changing prior to a takeover:

A) Daisy comes calling from the Owls as already suggested in this thread.

Or

B) RM panics if we keep losing and drop near the relegation dogfight whilst waiting to long for the takeover. Even then he would still have to get Roly to sanction it.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Powell did it. He offered me out to the car park once to pick up a hat signed by the squad.

I took said hat and accidentally left the bag it was in on the train from London Bridge to Horsham... Someone out there has it as neither the hat or the polo shirt I purchased were ever handed in at Horsham.

That was a bad day.
  • Options

I cannot imagine Curbs, Powell or even Parky offering a fan out to the car park because they got a bit of abuse shouted from the stands.

I know Parky had a row with a fan at Exeter as the fan was a friend of mine although he didn't offer him out. Parky rang him a couple of days later to clear the air.

Coincidentally, the same fan lost it with Robinson too yesterday and left the game so pissed off was he.