Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson out?

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

@Billericay Dickie Not sure Robinson was expecting Novak to walk out on the club just before the window closed. In fact we all know he wasn't.
    Liked Karl from day one. Went off him a little bit, finding him a little inflexible, as we all do. But if he keeps his job I'll be happy.
    Great effort tonight from the team. Jimmy Seed smiling again.

Novak didn't "walk out". The club allowed him to go to Scunthorpe.

Robinson thought Godden was coming in but it feel through last day.
    Ben, it would be easy to say ‘Novak didn’t walk out’. You don’t need to use the double quotes. It implies you’re scoffing at my comments as you very well know, and I don’t appreciate that in this public forum thanks.

KR said Novak walked out at the last minute. I’m one to take him at his word. Of course the club could have stopped him. But it’s essy for a player to say, ‘you think I’m rubbish now? Make me stay, and I’ll show you what rubbish really looks like.’ You can’t keep people in the squad with that sort of an attitude.

But does it really matter? I still don’t get the sniping. Some are looking for any excuse to lay into him, and have been since he joined. Yes, he’s probably not the greatest manager in the world, but he’s helped turn thing round to some extent at Charlton, at the very least. I’ll settle for that right now. He shows a bit of passion st least.
    Football is a results based business, and he deserves the chance to get the results we need to get back into the playoff places.

Wow, back off. I know you rate Robinson but others are allowed vto disagree and to challenge his spin.

Novak didn't "walk out". He was allowed to go, freeing up his considerable wages, in the expectation that Godden was a done deal but it wasn't.

I'm sure Novak was happy to move back north but you have first accused him of "walking out" and then suggested he would have deliberately underperformed.

Who's doing the sniping here?

Of course they are. Where have I said they aren’t?
    It’s an interesting debate, and I’m on record as criticising his inflexibility on here and Twitter.
    It’s the personal insults I don’t like. ‘Gobinson’, ‘Gobby’, ‘fat scouser’. I’m sure you know what I mean.
    Karl said Novak walked out. He didn’t want to be number two to Magennis.
    Players suggest they will underperform as a tactic when they want to leave a club as I’m sure you know.
    And when you say ‘back off’, are you saying I shouldn’t comment when I think you’re mocking?

[Yes I’ve only had 4 hrs sleep so perhaps over sensitive, but give me a break.
    And my interesting debate with Sue Parkes yesterday on SE7 Valiants has been deleted from Facebook, despite being perfectly polite and reasonable - as @cantersaddick will hopefully confirm!]
    Can confirm @JamesSeed put some very good points across his and my comments were deleted off the SE7 valiants page. Often happens when Sue loses an argument.
  • Options

I'm always amazed at how many people in here support Roland's managerial merry-go-round policy. First sign of trouble and it's the manager's fault.

I agree with a comment above - the wider fanbase do not want Robinson to go anywhere and it's only a few numbskulls on here with access to a keyboard who make that appear to be the mainstream view.

Karl has an injury crisis that is not his fault, and he's doing OK in the circumstances. Let's get our star players back and kick on in 2018.

Bar knee and ankle injuries (Clarke, Bauer, and Pearce) the other injuries to first team players that would make a difference are all muscle/strain injuries. Preventable injuries

Is that his fault? Is that fault of the medical team? Is he rushing them back too quickly?
  • Options
    Despite the instability caused by an horrendous injury list, last night at Wigan Robinson was tactically spot on - and the team fought hard for the result.

You can't in reality ask more of any manager in those circumstances.

• Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

@Billericay Dickie Not sure Robinson was expecting Novak to walk out on the club just before the window closed. In fact we all know he wasn't.
    Liked Karl from day one. Went off him a little bit, finding him a little inflexible, as we all do. But if he keeps his job I'll be happy.

Ben, it would be easy to say ‘Novak didn’t walk out’. You don’t need to use the double quotes. It implies you’re scoffing at my comments as you very well know, and I don’t appreciate that in this public forum thanks.

KR said Novak walked out at the last minute. I’m one to take him at his word. Of course the club could have stopped him. But it’s essy for a player to say, ‘you think I’m rubbish now? Make me stay, and I’ll show you what rubbish really looks like.’ You can’t keep people in the squad with that sort of an attitude.

But does it really matter? I still don’t get the sniping. Some are looking for any excuse to lay into him, and have been since he joined. Yes, he’s probably not the greatest manager in the world, but he’s helped turn thing round to some extent at Charlton, at the very least. I’ll settle for that right now. He shows a bit of passion st least.
    Football is a results based business, and he deserves the chance to get the results we need to get back into the playoff places.

Wow, back off. I know you rate Robinson but others are allowed vto disagree and to challenge his spin.

Novak didn't "walk out". He was allowed to go, freeing up his considerable wages, in the expectation that Godden was a done deal but it wasn't.

I'm sure Novak was happy to move back north but you have first accused him of "walking out" and then suggested he would have deliberately underperformed.

It’s an interesting debate, and I’m on record as criticising his inflexibility on here and Twitter.
    It’s the personal insults I don’t like. ‘Gobinson’, ‘Gobby’, ‘fat scouser’. I’m sure you know what I mean.
    Players suggest they will underperform as a tactic when they want to leave a club as I’m sure you know.
    And when you say ‘back off’, are you saying I shouldn’t comment when I think you’re mocking?

And my interesting debate with Sue Parkes yesterday on SE7 Valiants has been deleted from Facebook, despite being perfectly polite and reasonable - as @cantersaddick will hopefully confirm!]
    Can confirm @JamesSeed put some very good points across his and my comments were deleted off the SE7 valiants page. Often happens when Sue loses an argument.
    What was said, in general term?

PS screenshot it next time : - )
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

“Always” happens when Sue loses an argument.
  • Options
    For me the factors are:

I am weary of managerial change.

If Robinson goes now, then who could possibly take the reins and make it a relatively smooth transition?

The timing is wrong, if anything Duchatelet ought to find enough money for a credible striker, a Clarke replacement like Oztumer, and a couple of other players, something like give Robinson 1.5 million in the window, after all Duchatelet has apparently given us loads of free money already.

Robinson may well have faults, but his aspirations are decent ones, rather than the 'do well and jump ship' cynicism of some managers one could name.

Robinson is very savvy when it comes to football culture, and quick to gain knowledge.

However I suppose everything is overridden by the need for results, your feeling and my feelings, loyalty or fancy football and everything, this club simply need points on the table from whatever source.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

In (hopefully) a few days time Sue will be a small and soon forgotten footnote in the history of the Duchatalet era, a minor apologist briefly elevated to a position out of all proportion to her role as a scoffer of free food and Katrien apologist
  • Options
    edited December 2017

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Of course it does. She doesn’t mind voicing her own opinions, but how dare anybody else say what they think.
  • Options
    She is just a bitter old woman. She is the definition of irrelevant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robinson deserves at least til the end of season and to be properly funded. If things then don't go well, my bet would be on a return of CP with curbs as DOF - under a new regime - the dream team.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Robinson deserves at least til the end of season and to be properly funded. If things then don't go well, my bet would be on a return of CP with curbs as DOF - under a new regime - the dream team.

The problem is, will the new team fund someone they dont believe in?. It might be a case of funding him to an extent, but not where he spunks money and then look to do the same as SCP in 20111? and get someone in who is one of their own and then fund him for a promotion push for the following year.
  • Options
    There are a couple of issues with Robinson's formation in my opinion. The first is that it is over reliant on Magennis. I don't think it should be, but opponents clearly try to isolate him and in all honesty find it too easy to do this too often. It is easy to blame Magennis for this, but I blame the other players as much if not more. You have to have a lot of goal-scoring threats and we don't have enough currently - so losing Fosu was a big blow.

Then off the pitch, we are not attractive to potential strikers as they would be coming to a club with only one position to play for. But if the formation isn't working, you have to change it and Robinson's powers to do this are very limited with what we have. A solution is to have versatile forwards who can play wide as well as down the middle. Magennis can do this, but when he goes wide and puts a decent ball in, there are not enough red shirts to capitalise.

I see the solution as finding a forward who can play flexibly, but can score goals. Not easy. We do have Fosu and Holmes who score more than their fair share and JFK is showing he can chip in. Bauer has been important and with key players back and a goal scorer brought in, Robinson could make it work.

I also think he needs to review his desperate last ditch plan. Against Portsmouth for instance, he allowed a set up that was not working and was never going to work to continue for too long - losing time to implement something that might change it (with nothing really to lose). At home at least, playing Sarr further up the pitch, playing closer to Magennis and getting bodies forward has to happen with 20 or 25 minutes to go rather than 5 minutes when we are chasing.
  • Options
    I agree with a lot Dazzler 21 has said.
    Only a looney could want to sack KR.
    At this stage of the season,
    He did not cause all the injuries to this team.
    He is a good young manager, and if
    He was backed by a decent owner with a real
    Financial package he would show most people
    What tremendous potential he has.

We are lucky to have him, as most would run
    A mile with a Muppet like RD as an owner.
    Good business man he may once have been,
    But his true knowledge of running a successful
    Football club you could write on the back of a stamp.
    As in Zero.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Karl doesn't coach for a hobby
    even though he is very gobby.
    He's the manager in limbo
    do you understand his Lingo ?

He sounds like Stevie G,
    a dodgy scouser he could be.
    he is rather fat and round,
    "Cam down, cam down, cam down".
  • Options

There once was a coach called Robbo
    who had such a loud Gobbo
    He would rant and Rave

And shag his mate Dave
    When Mag finally scored a lobbo?
  • Options
    Class acts these Charlton Boys,
    Must have gone to gone to my School LOL!
  • Options
    As I said earlier
    Only a total looney should sack Robinson.
    The last six games we have had between 5 and 8 players injured, and any other team in this league would have suffered Maybe worse than us, if the had such a small squad.
    Get Rid of Roland, and get some decent backing and KR would be as good as anyone
    We could attract to work here.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I disagreed with Parky's sacking.
    I disagreed with Powell's sacking.
    I'd disagree with Robinson's sacking too at this point.

What about Fraeye?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

vff said:

I am not sure I getting all this latter day warmth for Robinson. He is an ordinary manager, with an extraordinary line of bollocks. Tactically, he is limited.

I find it possible to warm to Robinson if I ignore about 3/4 what he says or just don’t listen to any of his press statements. The last press conference is a good example. Some good stuff around the players spirit with some horseshit about Katrien Meire being in tears.

OK personally he may have had a friendly relationship with her by why not just say that & wish her well. The extra mile he goes to lather it on is unnecessary.

Meires tears were possibly because she will have to take a huge drop in salary to take a job within her capabilities.

Attention seeking to the last.

"It's about me, it's about me".
  • Options
    Robinson will go, rightly or wrongly.

It's what normally happens in a change of ownership.
  • Options

She is just a bitter old woman. She is the definition of irrelevant.

We should be sympathetic as she's lost a mate.
  • Options
    I'm not big fan of Robinson like some but neither do I want him sacked. With players getting back from injury and the 2/3 signings he wants we should comfortably make the top 6. With takeover talks ongoing it's unclear whether it'll happen, but this is his squad playing his system. I'd like him at least get until the end of the season with it. As often said I'd also like him to be more flexible with the formation. It was good to see that happen to get the result against Wigan.

If he did go I'd like to see Nathan Jones come in. Top of League 2 with Luton, they're scoring plenty of goals and not conceding many. He also knows the club and the presumably the league.

I like the idea of Powell getting back to the job he started but would it work out as well a second time? It worked out so well with players such as Yann and Morrison being availble, players that were Championship quality players (and years later still are).
  • Options
    Don’t rate him, however he should be given to the end of the season, new owners or not.
  • Options
    I agree with a lot scoham has said,
    You don't have to like of not like KR, but we as
    the team owned by who we are owned by, will not attract a better manager.

The Muppet that owns us is trying to strike a deal with an Australian set up that is trying to
    Put the funding together etc etc,
    This sounds like another disaster, as it takes
    A company, person or consortium with five times what charlton can be acquired for, to run it properly, fund its day to day requirements and buy good new players.

So far I get the feeling this new lot are not that
    well funded or backed, despite a connection to
    a large multinational building company?

Would love to her other fans thoughts ?
  • Options
    What large multinational building company?

I don't think we should assume it's the same Australian consortium and that they're still trying to get the money together. That talk is based off an article from months ago.

It's also been said the club are in talks with more than one person/group interested in buying the club.
  • Options
    No assumptions just fact,
    The chairman of Balfour Beaty
    And an Australian set up
    According to latest newspapers/ online etc
    a few days ago, and nothing to do with the original four months ago reports?
  • Options
    Time to go. No win in 9 and his injury list excuse wasn't there today. Bloke doesn't have a clue what he is doing.
  • Options
    Poor team selection, had the players available to do the business today, couldnt do it. Inexcusable