Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend v Charlton - Match Thread

Afternoon all from a sunny bit crisp South London.

Another two injuries (Best and Marshall) but Kashi and Holmes are back, alongside Karlan

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017

Only six subs.

Just seen on the Working site that RCC has an ankle injury that is expected to see him out 6-8 weeks. Would happily have him on the bench today (remember because he's non-league he could be recalled) but we can't seem to catch a break.

http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/home/

As best I can tell he hadn't played for them since being recalled for the Checkatrade Swansea game, which is good because I would have been fucked off if he'd played at the weekend for them and we brought Lapslie on instead.
  • Options
    Only 6 subs
  • Options
    Only six subs? Are our injuries that bad? Or do the think Hackett and Fairchild are two players?
  • Options
    No idea why but I think it's going to come good today
  • Options
    Maybe he is just making a point by naming 6 subs.
  • Options

Maybe he is just making a point by naming 6 subs.

That would be beyond stupid and petulant.

I believe the U23s have some time off at this time of year but surely it was worth keeping a couple, like Maloney and Anderson, around to see what they can do and in case of emergency cover? Maybe Marshall's injury was a late one or a knock from Saturday that didn't heal in time. Either way it's really frustrating.
  • Options
    Better off without Marshall. Definitely the injury I'd be least worried about. These JFC out-for-season rumours are very irritating though
  • Options

No idea why but I think it's going to come good today

I think you must have had more beers than I have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With all our injuries that is still a good team.
  • Options
    Big day for Karlan. We know what he can do, both the good and the bad, but if he puts in a performance it could really help him to have a strong second half of the season.
  • Options

Afternoon all from a sunny bit crisp South London.

Another two injuries (Best and Marshall) but Kashi and Holmes are back, alongside Karlan

Is the game on a beam back?
  • Options
    Happy Boxing Day everyone!! Up at 6 to realize Southend won't be streaming the game, lovely but I'm stupid for not realizing earlier. 2-1, COYA
  • Options
    Looking on our Twitter seems quite a few stuck in traffic
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Happy Boxing Day everyone!! Up at 6 to realize Southend won't be streaming the game, lovely but I'm stupid for not realizing earlier. 2-1, COYA

Why do you say that? Have I missed something?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Rossman92 said:

Apparently our game was selected for TV coverage and therefore won't be streamed by iFollow. That's what it said on their website
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

SDAddick said:

Rossman92 said:

Apparently our game was selected for TV coverage and therefore won't be streamed by iFollow. That's what it said on their website
    Weird, because I've just bought and access the stream and see this.

I'm not calling you a liar, I would have much preferred if it was on ESPN as the quality would be way better but I just searched their app and I don't see it.
  • Options
    Is Robinson sending a message to the Duchatelet by only fielding 6 subs?

Regardless, C'mon Charlton
  • Options
    What? So it’s on tv?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not only would that be childish and petulant and unfair on U23 players who could have taken that spot...it would also rely on Roland paying close attention, which I highly doubt.
  • Options
    0-0 at the moment, not a single attempt on goal from Charlton. Same old shit...
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

0-0 at the moment, not a single attempt on goal from Charlton. Same old shit...

#GobinsonOut
  • Options
    If no stream, anyone fancy having a go at updates off the commentary for old time sake?
  • Options
    If you can pick up BBC Essex FM 95.3 or 103.5 they have full commentary.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Not only would that be childish and petulant and unfair on U23 players who could have taken that spot...it would also rely on Roland paying close attention, which I highly doubt.
    managers play games.

Teams usually travel with one or two extra players in case there are late injuries so you'd expect there to be another body on the bus even if Marshall got a very late injury.

Just seems very strange
  • Options
    edited December 2017

If no stream, anyone fancy having a go at updates off the commentary for old time sake?

There is a stream. It's ten to 5 in the morning on Boxing Day and I'm staring at Roots Hall and my life is everything I ever expected it would be and more.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

managers play games.

Teams usually travel with one or two extra players in case there are late injuries so you'd expect there to be another body on the bus even if Marshall got a very late injury.

Just seems very strange
    Agree it seems very strange, and it doesn't sound like Marshall pulled out in the warm up or anything so you have to expect his injury was known about beforehand.

The point I'm more trying to make is that I think it would be really dumb. I would think, given our injury crisis, that they'd have asked some of the U23s to stick around over the holiday period, especially the likes of Maloney and Mascoll who have experience with the senior team.
  • Options
    Bowyer an unnamed sub?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    As we can see the teams in the tunnel the big question is, who is captaining the side today? Stay tuned, we'll find out shortly.

It's Ricky Holmes! I think he's captained us a couple times before. I was really hoping it'd be Naby.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!