Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it worth going Saturday?

Just seen KR's announcement of the current injury list... I guess Roland will have his wish as it looks like most of the Under-23's will make up the squad! Never seen this amount of injuries in such a short period in 50 odd years. Blackpool must be gagging to get on the pitch. Seriously, if we get any kind of result it will be a miracle. But of course, ignore the heading of the post. I'll be there. Wonder what odds you would get for a 2-0 to the Addicks? Probably on a par with Leicester winning the Premier League (OK I'm going a little over the top!).

Comments

• Options
    I'll ask my 5 year old if he wants to leave it as someone said we can't win.
  • Options
    Have to admit I love getting to see a few of the kids coming through... some of them who play might not be ready but feel more of a connection with them as players more so than any others who come into the Squad
  • Options
    Yes, and bring your boots please.
  • Options
    Well, our first choices haven’t exactly been pulling up the trees recently so hopefully Reeves and Marshall will step up and the kids (or Jacko!) who come in will be eager to please. And btw Blackpool are shite.

I travel hopefully.
  • Options
    Beers before and after. Last drink up before xmas and 90 minutes to watch us get 3 points.

• Options
    If you have to ask, then no...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

JaShea99 said:

This might be hard for some people to believe but Charlton’s current form has never, ever been a factor in my decision to go or not to go. Surely I can’t be the only one? Boycotts aside, it staggers me how many adults make the decision based on how the team is currently playing.

Nope you are not alone, it blows my mind. For 9 out of the last ten years we have been shite youbreally have to accept that is going to be the case unless you support a side that wins shit. And we don't

I'm only not going now because I am sticking to my guns and boycotting and it is driving me properly mental. I've never worked so many Saturday's in my life and believe it or not I'd always rather be at football specifically football at Charlton shooting the shit with my equally stupid friends and doing what working class men should do on a Saturday.
    What if we drew Wycombe away in the cup ;)
  • Options

Carter said:

JaShea99 said:

This might be hard for some people to believe but Charlton’s current form has never, ever been a factor in my decision to go or not to go. Surely I can’t be the only one? Boycotts aside, it staggers me how many adults make the decision based on how the team is currently playing.

Nope you are not alone, it blows my mind. For 9 out of the last ten years we have been shite youbreally have to accept that is going to be the case unless you support a side that wins shit. And we don't

I'm only not going now because I am sticking to my guns and boycotting and it is driving me properly mental. I've never worked so many Saturday's in my life and believe it or not I'd always rather be at football specifically football at Charlton shooting the shit with my equally stupid friends and doing what working class men should do on a Saturday.
    What if we drew Wycombe away in the cup ;)
    That, my equally deviant friend, is one I would crawl to through broken glass
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Nothing to do with how the team are currently playing - I went week after week - in the years when we were really shite. I hope those who come into the side on Saturday do well. My real point (and one which perhaps I could have made clearer) is just that I would like to see a game with two reasonably matched sides. Let's face it, we have games called off for international duty - even if it's for Under-21's, Why is it not possible to submit a list of the injuries to the EFL and request a postponement? What if two thirds of the team came down with influenza or food poisoning? I know this may be stretching things a bit but you see my point.
  • Options
    Carter said:

JaShea99 said:

Exactly. Whenever I haven’t gone over the years it’s been because of work/other commitments or financial reasons. As a kid I remember wanting to support the best team and temporarily losing interest after a few losses. But to still think like that as an adult is unfathomable to me. You’ve chosen to support the team through thick and thin so why wouldn’t you go? Again, this is nothing to do with boycotting which I fully respect.
  • Options
    Sort of game we tend to win. Low expectations, injuries to key players. We're playing Blackpool not Barcelona so we'll have a chance
  • Options
    It's either the Valley or the hell that is Xmas shopping.
  • Options
    sm said:

It's either the Valley or the hell that is Xmas shopping.

Can you imagine Bluewater at 3pm on Saturday - its going to be murder. I can think of nothing better than avoiding all that stress & mayhem & spending a few hours out in the cold watching us get beat to a side that haven't won for a over a month.
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

No you are not alone mate. I know dozens like you, including many good friends and it has massively impacted on my social life the impact of this. @Carter for example is a good mate and my match days (basically my social life) quite honestly are not the same not seeing him and others.

I made the decision this season that although my principles were telling me to stay away, my kids are 7 and if I don't get them into Charlton now, I could miss that connection for the next (hopefully) 40 years. IMDefeat was taken well against Portsmouth, their first defeat, and I'm already preparing for the same again on Saturday.

Good luck to you and your stance, I support you 100%
    We're mates?

See you at Southend big dog
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Acquaintances
  • Options

Carter, get down to The Valley. If you dress up as Santa, nobody will know it's you.

• Options
    Even with all the injuries I still think man for man we could have enough to beat Blackpool.

The first goal will be crucial as seems to be commonplace with KR in charge.

Come to think of it I can't ever remember supporting a Charlton team especially when Slade was in charge when I had little faith in us coming back from 0-1 down to at least salvage a draw but always fear a 1-0 lead is never enough.

It's 11 v 11 and I'd still probably back us over Blackpool's 11. Keep the faith.
  • Options

Acquaintances

Mates who do dates
  • Options

The players who come in will, with luck, be champing at the bit to impress.

And it's Charlton, our team. We might lose but we might win.

In that case I’m going for a draw.
  • Options
    Charlton are at home Saturday therefore I will be there.

Be nice to see a few faces who are keen to play as some of the regulars seemed to have lost their mojo of late.

Who knows Roland may discover his next big payday. Hopefully he will be gone before he gets a chance to cash in
  • Options
    I enjoy watching you lot arguing like this. As I live abroad, visiting the Valley is a real luxury. I was back for the Truro game, and despite the opposituon there was never a chance I wouldn't go, plus the chance to meet old Friends for a beer or six in Greenwich afterwards. I freely admit I have been spared some of our many incompetent performances over the last few years, but I will happily and self righteously say if I was around the área on saturday, I would go to the Valley, even if it was just a starting point in a fun day out (and possibly the least 'fun' part of it). We all new what dates christmas would arrive - there is no reason not to have the christmas shopping done by now.

If we get stuffed, feel free to abuse me afterwards if I persuaded anyone to go and see a horrible game I didn't attend myself :wink:
  • Options
    We have some fine young players in our squad,who on Saturday,will have the responsibility of getting our season back on track.hopefully,they will be here long after roland has gone.It is essential that the team is given all the support we can muster.it will be heart breaking for these lads to play in front of a nearly empty stadium,this is week when the support can really make all the difference.
  • Options
    Probably best that some fans stay away from this one, we’re going to win 5-0 and seeing a result like like will ruin their Xmas if it puts them in a happy mood for a few days...