Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    Still going with BTC, ETH, LINK & VET. Vechain was first thing I bought so might spread that out into some other things soon. Hopefully market gets another leg higher this month. Bit concerned there's too much reliance on this cycle playing out as other post-halvings but time will tell....
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Bee Token, right?
    Nah bee coin, can invite you if you want to download the app and you just gotta press a button every 24 hours and it unlocks tokens for you. Have about £7 worth at the moment 😂
  • Options
    I dumped some of my ethereum today so judging by my previous poor judgement it’s bound to shoot through the roof later. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    I dumped some of my ethereum today so judging by my previous poor judgement it’s bound to shoot through the roof later. 
    Oops
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Oops
    Fortunately I didn’t dump all of it but it’s still a bit annoying, that’s crypto for you though. 
  • Options
    Anyone invest in truebit. I bought some yesterday and then it dumped hard last night. Recovering though. 
  • Options
    Been a roller coaster few weeks in the Crypto world.

I've not had a great deal of time this past month, but currently I'm up 35% since I started around 2 months ago, as most will know I dip in and out fairly quickly if I can and bank profit. Not currently in at the moment, 
  • Options
    Anyone invest in truebit. I bought some yesterday and then it dumped hard last night. Recovering though. 
    Just had a look, seems a bit dodgy imo.
  • Options
    Looks a bit ruggy unfortunately 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Only up 4% total on numerous Bitcoin purchases since February. The rest are even or down from buy-in price. Crypto is so difficult to predict (when you don't know what you are doing). I kept a watch on Polygon and Compound this last week and if I hadn't bought Bitcoin for safety last weekend they would have been my punt. Oh well. Not the 100's% returns some have realised, but I have played pretty safe with Bitcoin. 

• Options
    Only up 4% total on numerous Bitcoin purchases since February. The rest are even or down from buy-in price. Crypto is so difficult to predict (when you don't know what you are doing). I kept a watch on Polygon and Compound this last week and if I hadn't bought Bitcoin for safety last weekend they would have been my punt. Oh well. Not the 100's% returns some have realised, but I have played pretty safe with Bitcoin. 

Because it's so volatile you need to get in and out, 
  • Options
    Solid trend in ETH/BTC, would look to move into Bitcoin now imo. 
  • Options
    They’ve listed Dogecoin on eToro now 
  • Options
    Of all the decent alt coins they could pick from 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Because it's so volatile you need to get in and out, 
    With the volatility the way it has been, I'm the most 'in-profit' I have been since starting 2-3 months ago. You mention getting in and out, so are you suggesting that now is a good time to withdraw from the market having made £150+ on a £3500+ outlay. 

I'm using Coinbase which charges around 4% to buy and 3% to sell, that requires at least a 7% swing before any profit is achieved. Also the buy price is significantly higher than the sell price, thus even more gain is necessary for profit. In my ownership there has been very little opportunity to take out, with profit, albeit despite the huge volatility. 

Without knowledge of other trading platforms, is Coinbase significantly more expensive to trade?
  • Options
    Coinbase Pro is cheaper than coinbase I think. 

Binance is cheaper than coinbase, which is where I buy most of my crypto from. 
  • Options
    Coinbase Pro is cheaper than coinbase I think. 

Binance is cheaper than coinbase, which is where I buy most of my crypto from. 
    I haven’t converted any profit back to gbp and withdrawn yet, what am I looking at in terms of getting stung 
  • Options
    Lmao broken upwards out of the trend now. Long until wrong I guess.
  • Options
    Lmao broken upwards out of the trend now. Long until wrong I guess.
    Yeah it's been flying. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This will be so fun to watch in 2030...

and 2040...

and 2050...
  • Options
    Cool we’re at that part of the cycle where celebs are poorly researching Bitcoin. 
  • Options
    Cool we’re at that part of the cycle where celebs are poorly researching Bitcoin. 
    Yeah.....WTF could Warren Buffet and Bill Gates possibly know about the principles of finance and technology underlying cryptocurrency.
  • Options
    Yeah.....WTF could Warren Buffet and Bill Gates possibly know about the principles of finance and technology underlying cryptocurrency.
    because Warren Buffet has been and is horrendously wrong on bitcoin. Would you trust anyone's opinion on an asset that balloons to a trillion dollar market cap after they say it will go to zero? He's dropped the ball on bitcoin and probably wont ever admit so. 

I literally lol'd my ass off at maher saying the banking system is "real" - it isn't almost by definition. The only thing holding the financial systems together is quite literally trust - what's more trust worthy than mathematics? 

• Options
    For all those people laughing.....when they realise it'll be too late
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    For all those people laughing.....when they realise it'll be too late
    Wait til a Financial Times article is posted - probably the biggest culprit for poorly researched Bitcoin articles. Some one posted one on the savings and investment thread that scoffed that “of course” more than the initial limited supply will be minted - sure thing, if literally 51% of Bitcoin owners want to choose to make their investment devalue significantly that can happen - but it won’t. This was literally published by one of the most well respected publications in the world, it’s fucking crazy. 

It’s like reading articles written by fax machine manufacturers in the early 90’s claiming the internet is a fad, “what happens when some one wants to ring you?”
  • Options
    If you had to recommend a crypto investment for a novice- what would you choose?  Looking to buy in but not sure.  I have a mate that is guiding me initially but wanted some CL input also.  This thread has been very useful.
  • Options
    If you had to recommend a crypto investment for a novice- what would you choose?  Looking to buy in but not sure.  I have a mate that is guiding me initially but wanted some CL input also.  This thread has been very useful.
    bitcoin and ethereum. Bitcoin is digital gold, ethereum digital oil.