Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Sold half of my XRP position and gone into NAS today

NAS up 18.20%, XRP down 13.10% last 24 hours. Now that is timing!
  • Options
    Som
    CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

Sold half of my XRP position and gone into NAS today

NAS up 18.20%, XRP down 13.10% last 24 hours. Now that is timing!
    Someone leaked the CL thread.
  • Options
    Vechain growing strong this afternoon, smashed through $5 now at $5.49
  • Options
    Broke $6, brace for epic
  • Options

Broke $6, brace for epic

Where do you reckon the ceiling is?

Also... Bee Token whitelist ico opens tonight at 8pm, get involved. Website bound to crash
  • Options
    Also Self Key ico on the 14th,whitelist open now
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Broke $6, brace for epic

Also... Bee Token whitelist ico opens tonight at 8pm, get involved. Website bound to crash
    Intredesting.

Vechain is gonna be huge, crazy it isn’t $10 but has been decimated by sell walls. It’s a top10 By the end of the year at least. Some crazies on reddit are saying $100 by 2019. Even $20 would be reasonable.

Bee token.. will look that up
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Broke $6, brace for epic

Intredesting.

Vechain is gonna be huge, crazy it isn’t $10 but has been decimated by sell walls. It’s a top10 By the end of the year at least. Some crazies on reddit are saying $100 by 2019. Even $20 would be reasonable.

Asuming there's no increase in the market cap of the top 10 (not going to happen) youre expecting it to do 4.6x before the end of the year? It would need a price of over 28 bucks... Not going to happen imo, and that's coming from someone who holds it
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

Broke $6, brace for epic

Intredesting.

Asuming there's no increase in the market cap of the top 10 (not going to happen) youre expecting it to do 4.6x before the end of the year? It would need a price of over 28 bucks... Not going to happen imo, and that's coming from someone who holds it
    Neo exploded after the rebrand to well over that. Vechain’s rebrand is coming and will be breaking away from ethereum. Think it’s quite possible considering the similarities to Neo.
  • Options
    In the month or so I’ve held it it’s gone from $1.20 to $6.50, so it’s quite possible it can get there at that rate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

Broke $6, brace for epic

Intredesting.

Neo exploded after the rebrand to well over that. Vechain’s rebrand is coming and will be breaking away from ethereum. Think it’s quite possible considering the similarities to Neo.
    I hope you're right, but the only way I can see it blowing up like that is if something big is announced with the potential Bank Of China partnership
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

Broke $6, brace for epic

Intredesting.

I hope you're right, but the only way I can see it blowing up like that is if something big is announced with the potential Bank Of China partnership
    It already has enough partnerships for that imo. The thing that has always held the price down are whales.
  • Options
    It also still hasn’t hit some of the big exchanges, the only big one it’s really on is binance
  • Options
    Meanwhile, back in the Valley of the Clueless ....an email from Coinbase. It's all going swimmingly...

Hi xxxxxx,

We apologize for the difficulty. Unfortunately, your recent Euro deposit could not be processed because you have not yet completed ID verification on your account.
    Please access https://www.coinbase.com/verifications/documents/new using a browser or upload a picture of your ID through the Coinbase mobile app using your phone's camera.

You can follow these steps to complete the process using your phone:

Visit https://www.coinbase.com/mobile, to download the app for your phone.
    Visit https://www.coinbase.com/verifications/documents/new, to download the app for your phone.
    Sign into your account and verify the new device by confirming an email.
    In the app, go to settings > verification.
    Verify your document by taking a picture with your phone.
    We also recommend the following to increase the likelihood of your image being accepted:

The ID document must be fully visible and in-focus.
    Take the picture in a well-lit area with the camera flash off.
    Place the document on a non-reflective surface.
    Check this article for additional help on how to verify your photo id: https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1220621

We hope this helps,
    Coinbase Team

• Options
    Prague, you should look at Coinbase's latest accounts....quite chastening if you are about to deposit money with them.
  • Options

Prague, you should look at Coinbase's latest accounts....quite chastening if you are about to deposit money with them.

Link?
  • Options

Meanwhile, back in the Valley of the Clueless ....an email from Coinbase. It's all going swimmingly...

Hi xxxxxx,

We apologize for the difficulty. Unfortunately, your recent Euro deposit could not be processed because you have not yet completed ID verification on your account.
    Please access https://www.coinbase.com/verifications/documents/new using a browser or upload a picture of your ID through the Coinbase mobile app using your phone's camera.

You can follow these steps to complete the process using your phone:

Visit https://www.coinbase.com/verifications/documents/new, to download the app for your phone.
    Sign into your account and verify the new device by confirming an email.
    In the app, go to settings > verification.
    Verify your document by taking a picture with your phone.
    We also recommend the following to increase the likelihood of your image being accepted:

The ID document must be fully visible and in-focus.
    Take the picture in a well-lit area with the camera flash off.
    Place the document on a non-reflective surface.
    Check this article for additional help on how to verify your photo id: https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1220621

We hope this helps,
    Coinbase Team

Not listening to the experts Prague :smiley:
    https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/10/bitcoin-and-cryptocurrencies-will-come-to-a-bad-end-says-warren-buffett
  • Options
    Gulp...

So if I use Coinbase only to buy some Ethereum tokens, I hold them, and in the meantime something bad happens to Coinbase...are my Ether tokens still safe? Is the solution in fact to store the Ether tokens elsewhere?

• Options

Gulp...

So if I use Coinbase only to buy some Ethereum tokens, I hold them, and in the meantime something bad happens to Coinbase...are my Ether tokens still safe? Is the solution in fact to store the Ether tokens elsewhere?

Hopefully someone else can answer as I am not investing beyond my Bitcoin listed ETN
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gulp...

Hopefully someone else can answer as I am not investing beyond my Bitcoin listed ETN
    Well so far i have only invested €1.09, which has not even been accepted. I was just about to have another go at "verifying my identity". Mind you if I don't bother now I will have wasted the £4 SEPA charge, which means I will in % terms be looking at the biggest loss on this thread, by some margin :-)

• Options
    edited January 2018
    That's just a subsidiary of the US Coinbase Inc. surely? In any event, I am disturbed by their own description in the accounts of "customer deposits held at bank". As far as I know, they are without FCA authorisation as a deposit-taker. If their description is correct they are, how shall I say this, sailing close to the wind.
    Alternatively, they don't know how to describe what they are doing which is more worrying. Edited to add, thinking about it further, customer deposits should be a liability not an asset, surely? What are they talking about?
  • Options

Gulp...

If you are planning to buy ETH and just hold it for a while then get a hardware wallet like the ledger nano s.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Gulp...

If you are planning to buy ETH and just hold it for a while then get a hardware wallet like the ledger nano s.
    Yes i read about that last night, (after you had previously mentioned it) but don't I need to go through Coinbase - or something no less dodgy - to buy ETH? I am also fairly convinced by @kentaddick 's case for vechain, so I was planning to have a dabble in that too.

I'm not talking large amounts though. I am listening to Mr Buffett :-)

• Options
    Yeah, you'll have to go through them or similar initially but once you have it, get it out on to the stick and it doesn't matter if they go tits up.

I've got my XRP, ETH & BTC on a stick and just letting it ride for a while. Then using what I had left from initial investment to dabble with a few others on Binance.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    cafcfan said:

That's just a subsidiary of the US Coinbase Inc. surely? In any event, I am disturbed by their own description in the accounts of "customer deposits held at bank". As far as I know, they are without FCA authorisation as a deposit-taker. If their description is correct they are, how shall I say this, sailing close to the wind.
    Alternatively, they don't know how to describe what they are doing which is more worrying. Edited to add, thinking about it further, customer deposits should be a liability not an asset, surely? What are they talking about?
    True but the US parent company accounts are not available though reasonable to assume they are heavily loss making given marketing spend etc.

I haven't studied it further as it's not of interest to me beyond this point, but as you imply I am sure there are no client money nor FCA protections. Thus it seems depositors are unsecured creditors.
  • Options

cafcpolo said:

Gulp...

Yes i read about that last night, (after you had previously mentioned it) but don't I need to go through Coinbase - or something no less dodgy - to buy ETH? I am also fairly convinced by @kentaddick 's case for vechain, so I was planning to have a dabble in that too.

I'm not talking large amounts though. I am listening to Mr Buffett :-)

If you don’t have the key for your wallet, it’s not your wallet. Coinbase iirc are insured by Lloyd’s or some one I think. So it may well be safe in that case but please read terms and conditions. As was said, the most secure way of holding is having a hardware wallet that you yourself can put in a safe.
  • Options
    Bitcoin Mining - anyone got any opinions on whether this is worth a look?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Not unless you have access to free power and a warehouse full of computers
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Unless you've got a huge amount to invest in hardware, or a VERY busy website (read about what The Pirate Bay tried) it's not worth it, at all.