Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Started Feb 21. Not sold anything in over a year. Hodling everything. Even with 80% losses on some shite I'm about 20% down overall. In CL Crypto thread I trust. 
    in all liklihood we're about to hit a bear market, if we haven't already. So either stable up or just DCA into your preferred cryptos. We're not going to see $60k for another 2/3 years.

But "Buying bitcoin now is almost a guaranteed 2x".... ;)
  • Options
    Rob62 said:
    Started Feb 21. Not sold anything in over a year. Hodling everything. Even with 80% losses on some shite I'm about 20% down overall. In CL Crypto thread I trust. 
    in all liklihood we're about to hit a bear market, if we haven't already. So either stable up or just DCA into your preferred cryptos. We're not going to see $60k for another 2/3 years.

But "Buying bitcoin now is almost a guaranteed 2x".... ;)
    it is... if you're gonna wait 4 more years :D
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Taken some heavy losses on CRO. 
    My MShare investment, albeit smaller, is 90% down in the space of a couple weeks as well.

Luckily I've always been a maxi at heart, so most is in BTC and I continue to buy.
  • Options
    When we had the dip around May last year, I think the lowest it got to was 27/28k -I see we’re down at 25k now.

• Options
    Bad practices and rug pulls are driving the downtrend (Luna, now Celsius).   If people can't trust the system, it's gonna be a hard sell to get retail investors back in.  Going to be a long game now until we go back up I feel. 
  • Options
    Tron's algo stable USDD now unpegged too. Welcome to a bear market. Not gonna see ATH's again for another 3-4 years.
  • Options
    in better news arbitrum oddyssey is meant to be starting this week, an 8 week long set of challenges that wehn you complete each challenge you are able to mint an NFT, linked to a potential arbitrum token airdrop.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    When we had the dip around May last year, I think the lowest it got to was 27/28k -I see we’re down at 25k now.

23k - the El Salvador gvt would’ve taken a hit.  Think it was at 50k when they bought in originally 
  • Options
    btc horrendously oversold, approaching not just 200 week MA but also top of previous bull run. Me thinks this is a good place for (temporary) reversal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Down we go even more. BTC under 19,000, and ETH under a 1000. 

And I can’t see this being the bottom either. 
  • Options
    But a decent time to buy if you do have some spare money - might not be the bottom, but a you will see some profit if you hodl for a couple of years 
  • Options
    Yeah, I’m going to continue to DCA in. Might even adjust my goal of reaching 0.3 BTC to something higher if prices keep dropping. 

Though, could just start trying to pick up some strong alt projects instead. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I’m going to continue to DCA in. Might even adjust my goal of reaching 0.3 BTC to something higher if prices keep dropping. 

Though, could just start trying to pick up some strong alt projects instead. 
    Strong being the word.  I wonder which ones will simply perish because of this. A good few I imagine 
  • Options
    Must admit I'm tempted back in at sub 18k.
  • Options
    I hope this place has a plan C 

• Options
    I still think there's lower to go. With inflation and everything else going on in the world I can't see crypto rising for a good few years. Some good opportunities to be had as it will rise again
  • Options
    Couldn't resist some BTC and lumped in this morning at £15,920, currently £15,182. Gotta be some upward curve at some point. Still sitting at 65% down on my crypto investment so far. Baring in mind my first BTC jump in was at £42,000, now it is almost like giving it away. Early retirement is not on the card just yet!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    But didnt you get out at £8k ? 

Oh well, its your money…
  • Options
    Couldn't resist some BTC and lumped in this morning at £15,920, currently £15,182. Gotta be some upward curve at some point. Still sitting at 65% down on my crypto investment so far. Baring in mind my first BTC jump in was at £42,000, now it is almost like giving it away. Early retirement is not on the card just yet!
    This whole occurrence will put a lot of retail investors off again and they’ll probably only come back when it starts to rise again - if I had some spare cash right now I would be buying
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    But didnt you get out at £8k ? 

Oh well, its your money…
    Around that yes, although have bought and sold at much higher prices.
  • Options
    bottom's in imo, at least for now. Bouncing perfectly off the 200 week moving average (which btc has consistently done).  
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    also, arbitrum odyssey is beginning tomorrow. Bridge any amount of eth to the arbitrum network on one of the approved bridges and be able to mint a free nft. Arbitrum are going to have their own token (although no official word has come out, i got some insider info that they are) and these series of challenges and nfts will probably get you a much bigger airdrop. 
  • Options
    bottom's in imo, at least for now. Bouncing perfectly off the 200 week moving average (which btc has consistently done).  
    For reference, the 200 week moving average currently seen as 22000-22350
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I feel like we’ve been having a chance to go parabolic for about 8 months now, but it would certainly be nice to see.

One slight positive for me, who very much remains pretty much evens with his portfolio, is that moving all my ZIL into QNT has not been that bad a move - especially as QNT always seems to rally well when we have big dips like this.

Though what that means for long term I don’t know. 
    Well currently it’s proving to be a good choice. Though sadly my overall portfolio is still horribly down ha ha. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    picked up a bag of GMX and performing very nicely. Will probably look to sell when it hits $40. Me thinks arbitrum projects are really going to take off in the next few months.
  • Options
    Happily watching my Polygon surviving well, less said about the Link, Ada is fine as I brought so cheap in the first place, and my GRT is a fucking horror show
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    fyi i've mentioned this on savings and investments, but fluid.ch app is live, you can create a uk bank account and get interest rates up to 4%. The interest comes from distributing trading fees from their swap function. Basically a bank account with the ability to on ramp into crypto. 

Use my sign up code if you want it https://app.fluid.ch/invite/RichardP
  • Options
    fyi i've mentioned this on savings and investments, but fluid.ch app is live, you can create a uk bank account and get interest rates up to 4%. The interest comes from distributing trading fees from their swap function. Basically a bank account with the ability to on ramp into crypto. 
    Do they have an e-money license in the UK? 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Do they have an e-money license in the UK? 
    Their banking partner is currencycloud (revolut's banking partner as well), if that's what you're asking?