Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    I see a few people predicting a big crash at the end of the month. I'm back in a bit of profit, and have unstaked my ZIL - so would it be bad idea to sell in a few weeks and then buy back in later in the year.

Or just HOD'L?
    Or sell my alts but keep BTC and ETH?

From what I read, it’s likely to keep pumping.  However, trying not to hear everything from a happy ears point of view 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Things looking very bullish right now. Think today will be a pump day. 

There will be volatility at the end of the month, as quarterly options expire and whales will try pushing the price around. 
  • Options
    Need a dump to get back in, said I was going to buy if we broke 42k and never did, still got a bit in, but massively sidelined compared to what I had in before, sickener
  • Options
    In the process of buying a house so have to liquidate some of my bitcoin which is a bit annoying 
  • Options
    Wish I jumped on the SOL train. I'm in a quandary what to do really. I dont have a lot to invest as I put in what I can afford to lose but I really believe crypto as market will only increase. I'll probably keep chipping into Bitcoin but it is frustrating watching some of the ALTs increase dramatically and not having a piece of the pie.

Anybody have thoughts on a good cheap ALT to stick a couple hundred in. I won't take it as Financial Advice.

• Options
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    Took @Rob7Lee’s advice this time.  Bought $280 worth of SOL at about €£21 quid and saw it has jumped about 44% overnight from £31 to £44.  Took my profit out 

Learning this time round 
    This aged well :-/
    Even more so this morning!!
  • Options
    Big day for El Salvador.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Big day for El Salvador.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
    I was gonna say, everything has dropped in the last few hours  :D
  • Options
    I've bought a bit in the dip... sick of being on the sidelines 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Was just about to say - here you are with your dip! Closed earlier this morning as Obv was looking a bit of a bearish divergence. Will buy back in later today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Sorry lads... my fault, fucking capitulating here
  • Options
    This has to be planned off the back of El Salvador coming in 
  • Options
    Sickener.

Just when I was thinking of taking my profit as well 😭. 
  • Options
    Bitcoin pukes, lovely time to buy back in. 
  • Options
    Gotta say after sitting through the last dump in May or whenever, feels a lot more easier to digest as a holder this time 

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Gotta say after sitting through the last dump in May or whenever, feels a lot more easier to digest as a holder this time 

Totally agreed. 

• Options
    cabbles said:

Totally agreed. 

Those leveraged longs though - ouch
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Just woke up to this. 😢 I was getting close to even from overall investment then a 15%+ dip today on coins held.
  • Options
    if it is people getting wiped out on Leverage, they kind of deserve it, trading something this volatile on the tick, is asking for trouble 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    if it is people getting wiped out on Leverage, they kind of deserve it, trading something this volatile on the tick, is asking for trouble 
    Absolutely. As all said at the outset. Only invest what you can afford to lose. I'm wanting financial success, the same as every Investor, but I'm prepared to lose the amount I've put in. People that put their entire portfolio of investment money into crypto are high baller's. Dad was a bank manager so for me long term is the way. Hodling is my plan. Much as I look at the cryptos every day, I only trade every few months now and that is always money in rather than out. That said it would be nice to have been level or up for more than a day since starting in February. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Absolutely. As all said at the outset. Only invest what you can afford to lose. I'm wanting financial success, the same as every Investor, but I'm prepared to lose the amount I've put in. People that put their entire portfolio of investment money into crypto are high baller's. Dad was a bank manager so for me long term is the way. Hodling is my plan. Much as I look at the cryptos every day, I only trade every few months now and that is always money in rather than out. That said it would be nice to have been level or up for more than a day since starting in February. 
    I think there’s a few people on here with the knowledge of how to use leverage, get in and get out quick.  Like you, I invested X after doing a bit of reading and listening to a friend who had done even more reading and I put my money in at the end of last year/start of this year.  Spot trades, and holding for the long term.  

• Options
    SOL is flying 
  • Options
    SOL is flying 
    Been flying for a long time. 
  • Options
    1.2mil $XCAD just been bought in one hit. $4.8mil worth.
  • Options
    going to be a brushing couple of weeks imo.  So obvious this market is manipulated to get people to lose interest/give up so they can get it at a lower price 
  • Options
    I don’t know the term for “good” in the investor world so I’ll leave you with LADS LADS LADS!
  • Options
    We’ll see.  I am not sure what to make of events of the last few weeks.  I also think the stock market’s going to take a bump in the next couple of months and I wonder what that might do to it 
  • Options
    Fantastic couple of articles on defi in the economist this week. Well researched and seems to have NFTs exactly right (as a great bridge between the onchain world and off chain/offline world re mortgages and deeds etc), personally think blockchain technology could be a great weapon against fake news with multiple verifications required. They have my forgiveness after last week’s bizarre “illiberal left” cover. 
  • Options
    Pussied out of my short from 47.5k, so a bit annoyed with myself right now in this dip. Might long again tomorrow/Wednesday. Will let things settle. 
  • Options
    Well I've finally sacked off ZIL and converted it to QNT. So no doubt you ZIL holders will be rich in about 6 months time.