Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where will we finish this season?

edited December 2017 in General Charlton
With the traditional Charlton mid-season injury crisis in full-swing, our play off hopes could be long gone by the time we get any of the crocked players back.

Unless we get a rush of multiple signings in the transfer window (and we know that wont happen) I cant see us going on any kind of winning run again until we have at least 3 or 4 of the injury list back, assuming no one else is added to the list.

We could be in March at that point and I dont think we will pick up many points before then. My feeling is we will end up 12th or 13th.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    9th.

We will drop to 12th and then finish strong like last year, going up to 9th, giving us hope for 2018-19, which will then be dashed yet again.
  • Options
    Away to Rochdale is my guess! ;)
  • Options
    Top 2
  • Options
    6th
  • Options
    Back where we started...
  • Options
    I think a lot of other teams are terrible in this league, but with our trademark December injury crisis and trademark KM/RD January strengthening, I can't see us scraping playoffs. If we do we'll lose them.

8th if we're lucky, more likely 11th
  • Options
    Can't see us being involved in the promotion proceedings in any way. Too many injuries and we are just not scoring enough goals. RD will not invest in Jan and KR will give an interview about how angry he is with other clubs holding huge clubs like Charlton to ransom when we wanted to 'splash the cash'.

Groundhog day continues under these muppets
  • Options
    Roly still tinkering =15th at best, probably more like 20th
    Roly replaced = who knows but we should all be in a much happier place, with at least some cause for optimism.
  • Options
    Bottom third of the table.
  • Options
    6th and lose playoffs and will be for the rose tinted wearers - we was so close, i predict we will be about 23-27 points behind the eventual winners which i predict to be winners.

gonna go for

wigan
    bradford
    scunthorpe
    shrewsbury
    pompey
    us

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    12th
  • Options
    9th
  • Options
    10th
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Interesting points about if we scraped the play-offs. Psychologically how you got to the playoffs can play an important part in how well you do in them. If we were on a huge run from lower mid-table and got to 6th place on the last day, our players would be ecstatic and playing a team in 4th who may be reeling from missing out on an auto promotion spot. That means you have the edge mentally and it could be enough to see you all to way to promotion.

If we just spent the last month or two of the season clinging on to sixth to finally make it, Im not sure if thats going to stand us in good stead to win the lot.
  • Options
    11th,
    30th points of the top 2 and at least 10 points of 6th place.
  • Options
    10th. Unless Roland sells quickly and new owners back us in the transfer window.
    If Roland remains I have no doubt we shall remain in league one.

Just sell the club
  • Options

6th and lose playoffs and will be for the rose tinted wearers - we was so close, i predict we will be about 23-27 points behind the eventual winners which i predict to be winners.

gonna go for

wigan
    bradford
    scunthorpe
    shrewsbury
    pompey
    us

gonna go for

wigan
    bradford
    scunthorpe
    shrewsbury
    pompey
    us

Surely Blackburn are to be up there too?
  • Options
    6th being optimistic, if not just outside the play offs (would be depressing)
  • Options
    Mid table mediocrity
    Excuses are all in place,
    Injuries,
    No decent strikers available,
    Boycotting fans means lack of funds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    well I said 9th at the start of the season. I got a feeling it might be even lower than that now.
  • Options
    With all of these injuries and not expecting any significant signings in January, I would expect middle third, 8th-16th
  • Options
    Mid table security beckons.
  • Options
    Up the creek without a paddle.
  • Options
    .....in League one.
  • Options
    If we win every game comfortably 4-0 we will finish top. Seriously though I think we'll finish 5th.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    If the likes of Dijksteel step up, and we don't have too many more injuries, I think we'll finish top 6.
  • Options
    12th
  • Options
    Outside the top 10.