Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So what are you going to do?

Comments

• Options
    But Callum,don't you realise, they are not 'losses' on him personally - it all just adds to the CAFC debt to him. Now, there might come a time (its probably already there now) when no one is prepared to pay him back what he has put in - which means he sells the assets and the club goes bust - extinct, dead parrot and all that.
    The club is doomed imo, KM will switch the lights out eventually.
    And then its Phoenix time a la AFC Wimbledon.
  • Options
    I don't think a sale will happen by January and even if it did it was always going to be difficult for new owners to come in and buy a bunch of players to rocket us up the league. I don't think that has ever been particularly realistic.

It seems pretty clear at this point that Roland is willing to sell, and the question is around suitable buyers. I don't know how to move past such an impasse. Maybe if Roland lowered his demands, but I think even then you'd need to have interested parties.

I don't know. I don't have solutions unfortunately, only problems.
  • Options
    after seeing the thread title, I was half expecting the first post to be...

....WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD, ON YOUUU!!
  • Options

I’ll continue not going but I do still care, it’s my club, it’s our club!

Don’t kid yourself, it isn’t your club if you don’t go along and support the team. At a wild guess you probably don’t also go along to Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd etc and wouldn’t claim to support them and if you are like me would have no respect for anybody that claimed to be a fan of those clubs who didn’t go to their matches - so what’s the difference if you no longer go to Charlton’s matches ?
    That’s typical of the noncence that’s gets spouted out about those who don’t attend!

I don’t, like others, wish to line Douchebags pockets.

I could argue that you do more damage by blindly going regardless!
    And if we all stopped going in the 70s, 80s or 90s there would have been no club at all.

As for the bit about typical nonsense that gets spouted out about those who don’t attend, whenever blokes get together and the conversation moves on to ‘who do you support’ and name a team and they get the next question ‘do you go ?’, I defy anybody to deny that as soon as one person says he supports a team but answers he doesn’t go either ever, or went once in their life or doesn’t go anymore he is either instantly dismissed as somebody with nothing further of importance to contribute to the conversation about football or is openly mocked by the others.
    Continue to go so the big boys dont take the mick in the Pub, or stop going and avoid the piss being taken out of you by roland.... simple answer to that one, because if your mates are anything like mine.... they will take the piss out of something.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

And if we all stopped going in the 70s, 80s or 90s there would have been no club at all.

As for the bit about typical nonsense that gets spouted out about those who don’t attend, whenever blokes get together and the conversation moves on to ‘who do you support’ and name a team and they get the next question ‘do you go ?’, I defy anybody to deny that as soon as one person says he supports a team but answers he doesn’t go either ever, or went once in their life or doesn’t go anymore he is either instantly dismissed as somebody with nothing further of importance to contribute to the conversation about football or is openly mocked by the others.

That may well have been true in the 70's, 80's and 90's but that was because our owners were potless. The same can't be said for RD and he can't walk away from his debt. I went through the 70's, 80's and 90's but Duchatelet can whistle.

My main point was about denying them committed annual season ticket revenue and instead picking and choosing based on performance. If he backs the side and we do ok then fine but if it's more of the same let him see that he is going to continue to shrink the ckub and rack up more losses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Continue with the odd game at welling as I honestly believe there are still a few thousand who would follow Roland all the way to non league. Mind boggling really but that's the situation we have.

Like the few thousand that followed charlton in the 70s when we were relegated to the old third division or the few thousand that followed Charlton to Selhurst and Upton Park and kept the club alive ? Being told we should all desert the club and let it die ? Now that’s mind boggling.
    The problem is that a small number of the few thousand - a very small number - like to think they are better fans than those who are boycotting. People going out of their way for what they think will make the club better are making a sacrifice, those who want to attend but don't are making a sacrifice.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

a complete boycott would work but it wont happen too many have paid for season tickets, and its a bit like not eating a dinner you have already paid for. the protests do work but need to be en masse and originally there was a lot of protesters but the number has dwindled, for a lot its a pain in the ass to go down to the valley if not attending the game.

blackpool this weekend would of helped im sure but wont be a lot of them the game is 2 days before xmas.

There are plenty of people in the ground who have little interest in who owns the club or the protests. I was sitting to a couple in the West stand who thought protesters were 'muppets', and still think Duchatelet saved the club from bankruptcy. At the same time, they were casual fans, despite being long standing season ticket holders. They weren't aware of the chaos that was going on behind the scenes.
    Not sure what percentage of the crowd is made up of casual fans, but without them you can't have a total boycott.
    Did one of them look like Bernie Ecclestone?
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

I can't see a boycott working.
    I hope for another trip to Belgium.
    The answer lies in Belgium, but I'm not sure what the question is.

Car, boat, train or flying.
  • Options

Continue with the odd game at welling as I honestly believe there are still a few thousand who would follow Roland all the way to non league. Mind boggling really but that's the situation we have.

Perhaps EssexAl is right.

Support the team on the pitch and f*** what goes on off it....
  • Options
    No take over, no change, the club continues to come undone and we finish midtable.
    Not a lot anyone can do except watch.

See you lot at Southend.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

a complete boycott would work but it wont happen too many have paid for season tickets, and its a bit like not eating a dinner you have already paid for. the protests do work but need to be en masse and originally there was a lot of protesters but the number has dwindled, for a lot its a pain in the ass to go down to the valley if not attending the game.

blackpool this weekend would have helped i'm sure but won't be a lot of them the game is 2 days before xmas.

There are plenty of people in the ground who have little interest in who owns the club or the protests. I was sitting to a couple in the West stand who thought protesters were 'muppets', and still think Duchatelet saved the club from bankruptcy. At the same time, they were casual fans, despite being long standing season ticket holders. They weren't aware of the chaos that was going on behind the scenes.
    Not sure what percentage of the crowd is made up of casual fans, but without them you can't have a total boycott.
    The douche probably did save Charlton from bankruptcy, technically. But he hasn't repaired and refloated it, just keeps towing it along behind his mothership, all the while the already tatty bodywork, malfunctioning steering and leaky hull continue to deteriorate and any useful parts or crew members get sold off at a whim. The monumental fucktard now thinks that 4 years on it is worth actual money. Bell to the end.
  • Options
    FAO, @PragueAddick @oohaahmortimer @Onlyme ;)
    The posh seats for me.image
  • Options
    I understand why some people are boycotting but I still go to support the team NOT the regime and will continue to do so through thick and thin .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JamesSeed said:

blackpool this weekend would have helped i'm sure but won't be a lot of them the game is 2 days before xmas.

The douche probably did save Charlton from bankruptcy, technically. But he hasn't repaired and refloated it, just keeps towing it along behind his mothership, all the while the already tatty bodywork, malfunctioning steering and leaky hull continue to deteriorate and any useful parts or crew members get sold off at a whim. The monumental fucktard now thinks that 4 years on it is worth actual money. Bell to the end.
    I prefer Deathstar to mothership.
  • Options

I understand why some people are boycotting but I still go to support the team NOT the regime and will continue to do so through thick and thin .

This is not a criticism but surely every time you go, you are supporting the regime?
  • Options
    CHG said:

shine166 said:

Continue to not attend and also care less and less as weeks and months pass.

Unfortunately this is where I am, and I really am starting to care less and less, and I hate it!!

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

blackpool this weekend would of helped im sure but wont be a lot of them the game is 2 days before xmas.

Did one of them look like Bernie Ecclestone?
    I'm not welcome there!
  • Options

Won't happen.
    We are down to the folk that will buy them regardless.

This.
  • Options
    Great post
  • Options
    edited December 2017

This is not a criticism but surely every time you go, you are supporting the regime?
    I go to support the team as I have done since 1950 and if it means aiding the regime with my season ticket money;so be it. I do not consider it as supporting the regime and want Roland and his cohorts out as much as anyone else.
  • Options

In what sense? An endorsement of the regime's actions, or supporting them financially?

Most fans last season still going were still vocal in wanting them out and I'm sure would be the same this season if protests at the ground started up again.

Personally I just want to get behind the team as I believe promotion to The Championship is the only way RD will sell even with a completely empty stadium he doesn't attend games to notice the empty seats and feel the embarrassment while the lost ticket revenue is just small change to RD.

If it's true his wealth has grown significantly as suggested then even more so the case he could easily cover the losses made on us being outweighed by the money made elsewhere in his empire meaning he'll just hold tight until an offer he deems acceptable comes in which will probably only happen with us in The Championship.

I don't know what the answer is either but keeping up the pressure in Belgium where he can see and feel the embarrassment first hand has clearly had an effect from previous visits.
    One question, do you believe if we filled the Valley every home game but protested, he would sell the club?