Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So what are you going to do?

If there is no takeover or no sign of one into January and Duchatelet uses the January window to feather his nest once more, what are you going to do to make your frustration and continuing dissatisfaction known? You can say it won't make any difference, but a mass boycott of season tickets is all that's left. Six thousand season ticket holders this year gave them a veneer of creditability they didn't deserve, even if a couple of thousand of those don't bother game-to-game. If that number collapsed and people just decided to pay for the games worth attending i.e. if we have a competitive team, we would nail the point with the footballing world if not the stubborn Belgians. Personally, I think the embarrassment factor would bring positive change.

Comments

• Options
    a complete boycott would work but it wont happen too many have paid for season tickets, and its a bit like not eating a dinner you have already paid for. the protests do work but need to be en masse and originally there was a lot of protesters but the number has dwindled, for a lot its a pain in the ass to go down to the valley if not attending the game.

blackpool this weekend would of helped im sure but wont be a lot of them the game is 2 days before xmas.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Continue to not attend and also care less and less as weeks and months pass.

Absolutely this....!
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Unfortunately this is where I am, and I really am starting to care less and less, and I hate it!!

• Options
    Just wait for Roland to turn the lights off when we are sliding towards the Conference. Then Phoenix the club back to life from the Peninsular.
    That's why I totally and utterly fail to comprehend the dislike and disdain of the Red Bull interest - this club is dying, RD doesn't care a toss, RB would have given it a whole new life. Mental, just mental - they'll just go somewhere else and invigorate life and money into say, Millwall,up them to the Peninsular, and,before long,in the Prem.
    Total fruitcakes most of you.
  • Options
    I don't know is the honest answer.

I don't think anyone does
  • Options
    I would be up for another trip to Belgium. There's no point in doing things at The Valley at the moment IMO as it doesn't reach the target.
    Equally, Belgian Embassy or any firms connected to Melexis would be good targets for protests.
  • Options
    Same as the above. Will continue to attend and now care less and less.

Why the 'Fck are we so unlucky as fans!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

shine166 said:

Absolutely this....!
    I barely even bother with the match thread anymore, just check the 'things that annoy you thread' and occasionally hope someone has started a 'would ya'
  • Options
    Continue with the odd game at welling as I honestly believe there are still a few thousand who would follow Roland all the way to non league. Mind boggling really but that's the situation we have.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I’ll continue not going but I do still care, it’s my club, it’s our club!
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Don’t kid yourself, it isn’t your club if you don’t go along and support the team. At a wild guess you probably don’t also go along to Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd etc and wouldn’t claim to support them and if you are like me would have no respect for anybody that claimed to be a fan of those clubs who didn’t go to their matches - so what’s the difference if you no longer go to Charlton’s matches ?
  • Options
    I'll do the odd game,but no season ticket until these clowns have gone.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    HarryLime said:

I can't see a boycott working.

Do you still attend?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

HarryLime said:

Do you still attend?
    I went to 3 home games last season and 6 aways, Not been to the Valley this season at all and just a couple away, we lost them both and a warning to anyone I'm planning on going to Donny.
    It's just a personal choice and I can fully understand why some people still go.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    For me personally , unless a takeover happens , nothings changed , which means i will still be on gardening leave from the Valley, used to spent a fortune at that place, programmes , food and 4 - 8 replica shirts a season, plus season tickets , cheers Roland for killing dreams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017

For me personally , unless a takeover happens , nothings changed , which means i will still be on gardening leave from the Valley, used to spent a fortune at that place, programmes , food and 4 - 8 replica shirts a season, plus season tickets , cheers Roland for killing dreams.

You bought 4-8 replica shirts a season ? Didn’t you have a washing machine ?
    Ha Ha , well it could be.. no home and away shirts, for the kids , and other family members , you name it we bought it, jackpot tickets a pound half time, valley gold, Douchebag is draining the life out of this once proud club.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

colthe3rd said:

HarryLime said:

Do you still attend?
    I went to 3 home games last season and 6 aways, Not been to the Valley this season at all and just a couple away, we lost them both and a warning to anyone I'm planning on going to Donny.
    It's just a personal choice and I can fully understand why some people still go.
    Wasn't accusing you of anything just interested as to why you feel like a boycott won't work. I refuse to go and though I can understand those that still do I find they'll use any justification for it other than they still want to for personal reasons. I've said for a long time this is the only real way I can see that will work but I appreciate in practice it's very unlikely to happen.
  • Options
    I know a while back that someone mentioned a protest at the Belgium Embassy, would that be worth a try for publicity alone ?
  • Options

You bought 4-8 replica shirts a season ? Didn’t you have a washing machine ?
    The shirts go very well with the ties he has for work.
  • Options

Don’t kid yourself, it isn’t your club if you don’t go along and support the team. At a wild guess you probably don’t also go along to Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd etc and wouldn’t claim to support them and if you are like me would have no respect for anybody that claimed to be a fan of those clubs who didn’t go to their matches - so what’s the difference if you no longer go to Charlton’s matches ?
    That’s typical of the noncence that’s gets spouted out about those who don’t attend!

I don’t, like others, wish to line Douchebags pockets.

I could argue that you do more damage by blindly going regardless!
    And if we all stopped going in the 70s, 80s or 90s there would have been no club at all.

As for the bit about typical nonsense that gets spouted out about those who don’t attend, whenever blokes get together and the conversation moves on to ‘who do you support’ and name a team and they get the next question ‘do you go ?’, I defy anybody to deny that as soon as one person says he supports a team but answers he doesn’t go either ever, or went once in their life or doesn’t go anymore he is either instantly dismissed as somebody with nothing further of importance to contribute to the conversation about football or is openly mocked by the others.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

That’s typical of the noncence that’s gets spouted out about those who don’t attend!

I don’t, like others, wish to line Douchebags pockets.

I could argue that you do more damage by blindly going regardless!
    And if we all stopped going in the 70s, 80s or 90s there would have been no club at all.

As for the bit about typical nonsense that gets spouted out about those who don’t attend, whenever blokes get together and the conversation moves on to ‘who do you support’ and name a team and they get the next question ‘do you go ?’, I defy anybody to deny that as soon as one person says he supports a team but answers he doesn’t go either ever, or went once in their life or doesn’t go anymore he is either instantly dismissed as somebody with nothing further of importance to contribute to the conversation about football or is openly mocked by the others.
    You may be used to getting openly mocked, i do not have that problem, merry Christmas.
  • Options

a complete boycott would work but it wont happen too many have paid for season tickets, and its a bit like not eating a dinner you have already paid for. the protests do work but need to be en masse and originally there was a lot of protesters but the number has dwindled, for a lot its a pain in the ass to go down to the valley if not attending the game.

blackpool this weekend would of helped im sure but wont be a lot of them the game is 2 days before xmas.

There are plenty of people in the ground who have little interest in who owns the club or the protests. I was sitting to a couple in the West stand who thought protesters were 'muppets', and still think Duchatelet saved the club from bankruptcy. At the same time, they were casual fans, despite being long standing season ticket holders. They weren't aware of the chaos that was going on behind the scenes.
    Not sure what percentage of the crowd is made up of casual fans, but without them you can't have a total boycott.