Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why are Charlton so awful in December

2»

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    That Brighton 3-2 win is the reason for my avatar.
  • Options

This thread title would be more apt if the word "December" were removed from the title.

You beat me to that.

Thought I was going to deploy the same content of wit and would have bagged myself at least 2 lols
  • Options
    edited December 2017

What are our efforts like in November? - Its always seemed to be one of our strongest months (Quite often there has been a game each year where we've scored five goals in a game in that month)

This season though its been: W1 | D2 | L1

Since the start of the 2008-2009 season (as that the timescale highlighted in the OP, and league matches only) August, November and April have been our most productive months in terms of wins.

December is a weapons-grade shocker of a month - we've has as many wins in May as we have in December despite playing less than a fifth of the number of matches! Of those six December wins only two have been at home.

We've only scored five or more goals on six occasions since the start of the 2008-2009 season and five of them have been in November:

2009 MK Dons (H) 5-1
    2010 Peterborough (A) 5-1
    2011 Preston (H) 5-2
    2012 Cardiff (H) 5-4
    2016 Bristol R (A) 5-1

with a six-goal match in April 2013 at Barnsley for good measure.

Month-by-month stats:

(Match details lifted from the Soccerbase.com website so I hope they're right!)

(Edited to exclude the play-off matches against Swindon in May 2010)
  • Options
    I'm still shocked about 10% wins at home in the last 10 years , thats pretty shocking.
  • Options
    moral of the story is don't miss the start & end of the season - have your holiday in the winter. Truly dreadful reading.