Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Well we always play Millwall in December for starters

Pretty shocking that
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    It's due to it being the month that the Christmas decorations go up, or something :wink:
  • Options
    It's the time of year a lack of squad depth starts to show.
  • Options

Exclusively at Charlton?

Shocking statistic, especially as about 50% of that time we've been in League One.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Exactly this. It's when our reluctance to invest in squad depth by signing players like Cameron Stewart/Josh Wright etc comes back to haunt us.

Think how useful the above free transfers would have been to us with Holmes, Fosu, Clarke and Kashi all out injured.

Football isn't amazingly complex. It's about investment and you get what you put in. If we had offered contracts to the freebies above (and not made the ridiculous decision to go down to 1 striker) we would be top 2. We should have learnt by now that injuries are inevitable and planned accordingly.

Again.....Roland is the problem.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Losing the “In December” bit in the title would be more accurate.

The only time I ever feel we will avoid defeat is in June and July.
  • Options
    when did we sign Josh Wright?
  • Options

when did we sign Josh Wright?

No he means our reluctance to sign Josh Wright has come back to haunt us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because all the players are looking forward to/struggling to get over Newcastle
  • Options
    We should just accept that December isn't our month and rest the entire first team squad until the new year.
  • Options
    I just can't look past the misplaced apostrophe.
  • Options
    We need Danny Mills' input here.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Exclusively at Charlton?

Shocking statistic, especially as about 50% of that time we've been in League One.
    Yes, I can't believe that the majority of teams in L1 have deeper squads than our squad
  • Options

se9addick said:

Exclusively at Charlton?

Yes, I can't believe that the majority of teams in L1 have deeper squads than our squad
    Or 'want it' more.

• Options
    D is for December.
    D is for Duchatelet.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Might be an idea to send that to Karl.
  • Options
    And I bet if you dig deeper, you'd find most of the wins occurred around the 5th of December.

I blame Wycombe Wanderers - Dec 2006. Been all downhill since then.
  • Options
    Wow I know we ain't much kop in December but am shocked we haven't won a December home game for 4 years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    truly, truly shocking. However, this season we only have 2 home games in December. We've already lost one of them so are we looking at another defeat on Saturday ???
  • Options
    Wow, no home wins in Dec since 2013. That's kinda mind-blowing.
  • Options
    It's the Christmas party season. Three turkey lunches a week, too much beer and wine, overdosing on mince pies and using up all their energy pulling crackers and dancing to Slade, Wizzard and Alvin Stardust.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    What was our record for December 2011? I imagine that produced most of the six wins...

Blimey, W1 D2 L1. The win only came thanks to 91st minute winner from Danny Green away at Yeovil.
  • Options
    What are our efforts like in November? - Its always seemed to be one of our strongest months (Quite often there has been a game each year where we've scored five goals in a game in that month)

This season though its been: W1 | D2 | L1
  • Options
    We need a winter break!!
  • Options
    For me that shows a fragility in mind of the teams we've had to put up with.
  • Options

truly, truly shocking. However, this season we only have 2 home games in December. We've already lost one of them so are we looking at another defeat on Saturday ???

Truly, truly cheerful, aren't you Golfie?

;o)

• Options
    This thread title would be more apt if the word "December" were removed from the title.