Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky/BT to lose PL coverage to Amazon/Facebook/Twitter??

12346»

Comments

• Options
    DAZN want in too
  • Options
    I have the full sky package, but unless they change their attitude to non Premier League coverage I'm out as soon as my contract ends.
    Sky sports news is ALL about the PL. Transfer show ALL PL, early morning show ALL PL! There are 72 clubs in the EFL, and 20 in PL, yet PL get 90% coverage....I've had enough!
    Sadly its the same with the sports radio stations, I used to listen to talk sport but its always about the top 6 all day long, with the occasional programme about the smaller clubs.
  • Options
    Apple will likely just go for Amazon games. Or they take BT 's share. I get the impression BT are giving up on sporting coverage 
    My family member is quite high up in BT and has said they’re keen to get rid of the sports coverage. 
  • Options
    Sky went ages ago in my house. IPTV and a VPN works lovely. 
    Just signed up. @ValleyGary which vpn are you using?
  • Options
    I have the IPTV for a bit of Saturday afternoon football. But the picture and sound quality ain’t as good as the legitimate stuff. 
    I get sound issues due to lip sync.
    the pic quality can be down a bit but my internet isn’t all that
  • Options
    Said it before but i'm not sure why the Premier league don't just forget everyone else and launch their own Netflix style app for premier league.

20 quid a month and show ALL games including Saturday 3pm ones.

100 million subscribers worldwide and you're bringing in 2 billion a month. When you consider the amount of homes plus bars/pubs that would subscribe throughout the entire world it's likely to be even more in reality.
  • Options
    Said it before but i'm not sure why the Premier league don't just forget everyone else and launch their own Netflix style app for premier league.

20 quid a month and show ALL games including Saturday 3pm ones.

100 million subscribers worldwide and you're bringing in 2 billion a month. When you consider the amount of homes plus bars/pubs that would subscribe throughout the entire world it's likely to be even more in reality.
    I think that’s always been the long term plan. 
    Seem to remember reading at the start the season that Premier League Productions, which they use in other countries has had a lot of investment recently. 
  • Options
    would be 'bye bye' to Sky in my house
    Interesting comment, are you saying you pay, £50, £60, £70 or whatever it is a month just to watch Premier League football?
    Yeah pretty much and I don’t even watch much of it really, complacency has set in. I think sky losing the prem football would kill it 
  • Options
    I have the IPTV for a bit of Saturday afternoon football. But the picture and sound quality ain’t as good as the legitimate stuff. 
    This, IPTV is ok but it's not the same quality and due to its nature channels can go offline. Currently watching the Charlton game in UHD, currently IPTV services cannot match that. Neither can Amazon prime when they stream games, pretty sure they used too but have dropped it. 
  • Options
    Sky went ages ago in my house. IPTV and a VPN works lovely. Same here will never look back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @charltonkeston see if your provider has a scaled up service. I recently bought into the upgrade with mine and we were in crisp uhd with 50fps today. Beautiful. Shame about the football.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    This, IPTV is ok but it's not the same quality and due to its nature channels can go offline. Currently watching the Charlton game in UHD, currently IPTV services cannot match that. Neither can Amazon prime when they stream games, pretty sure they used too but have dropped it. 
    My dodgy app on the firestick has Sky sports UHD, works fine..
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    You need to change your IPTV provider, mine gives the option of UHD, HD and normal to suit internet download speeds and the UHD is as sharpe as a pin
  • Options
    I should of added that I also pay for the full package with Sky Glass, Netflix 4K, Apple, Disney and Prime. I like a bit of telly.
  • Options
    Every time the bidding starts for a new round of Premier League matches a lot of people say "that's it Sky are going to lose everything" and every time they get the most matches and generally the pick of the best matches at the best times.
    I don't watch all the football that's televised but find Sky give the best coverage of what I do watch.
  • Options
    Here's a good video on why the PL should do their own thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5jqCh3Eiq0

I don't know if that works with the rules around one company showing all the games, I guess that wouldn't apply to the PL themselves. Either way, if it's Apple of the PL, I just can't see Sky keeping the volume of games they need in order to avoid haemorrhaging subs. 

Regarding the point around youngsters and attention spans - Amazon showed the way forward IMO with their coverage. Watching the goals come in from a variety of games at the same time, particularly when you have a Fantasy team, is far more interesting to me than sitting through a match of a team I don't support. That kind of approach, along with putting the content into bitsize pieces designed for social media, is the way forward. 
  • Options
    I should of added that I also pay for the full package with Sky Glass, Netflix 4K, Apple, Disney and Prime. I like a bit of telly.
    You must have a very poor IPTV service if after having one still pay out for all the other subscriptions.

The IPTV most of us use on here is top notch and offers UHD quality and there really isn’t any need to back it up with other subscriptions 
  • Options
    You must have a very poor IPTV service if after having one still pay out for all the other subscriptions.

The IPTV most of us use on here is top notch and offers UHD quality and there really isn’t any need to back it up with other subscriptions 
    I had iptv from someone on here, but got bored of it not working/needing updates so stopped using it after a couple of months.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    You need to change your IPTV provider, mine gives the option of UHD, HD and normal to suit internet download speeds and the UHD is as sharpe as a pin
    Mind sharing the details? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PM’d you @Glovepup
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Glovepup said:
    Mind sharing the details? 
    I am guessing TCE has pointed you in BBW direction?
  • Options
    think I need to get myself one of these firestick thingys and bin off sky once and for all by the sounds of it