Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Balloons for Portsmouth

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    What next not "GOAL MUSIC" !

Though with our forwards that wouldn't be heard that often.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

What next not "GOAL MUSIC" !

Though with our forwards that wouldn't be heard that often.

A quick burst of 'Simply the Best' when Leon wheels away to the Cupboard End after opening his account would go down a treat :wink:
  • Options
    Went to get the turkeys up and found a balloon with string in their enclosure. They tend to eat anything and everything so could have harmed them. We often get those chinese lanterns floating in too. Makes me mad.
  • Options

Went to get the turkeys up and found a balloon with string in their enclosure. They tend to eat anything and everything so could have harmed them. We often get those chinese lanterns floating in too. Makes me mad.

I read about your place in the News Shopper, you must be manic taking in all those animals.
  • Options

Are you planning to cook said turkeys? ;)
  • Options

They've just had a vote.............Christmas lost :wink:
  • Options

I read about your place in the News Shopper, you must be manic taking in all those animals.
    I don't work there anymore - I think they've taken a zoo in?!

I work for a place called 'Fresh Start for Hens' but the turkeys live with me
  • Options

I don't work there anymore - I think they've taken a zoo in?!

I work for a place called 'Fresh Start for Hens' but the turkeys live with me
    Do you want add Otto to the household?!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

They've just had a vote.............Christmas lost :wink:
    Defo not cooking them! They will have a peaceful Xmas with the hens :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Balloons Out Party also campaigning in Sint-Truiden
  • Options
    It would appear that KM ordered ones in her favourite colours (Black and White), she is now trying to off load them to CARD to use when the protest start against the new owners.
  • Options
    Spoilsports
  • Options
    I cant believe it has actually been cancelled, it was done in 1992 this was supposed to be a symbol matching that of 92,

What about when they were released earlier this season.

Or what about when planes fly over stadiums surely that is damaging to wildlife as well.

How many people that complained, either smoke or throw litter.

Its a few hundred balloons.

Its pathetic that people have actually got this cancelled when there are a lot more damaging issues
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I cant believe it has actually been cancelled, it was done in 1992 this was supposed to be a symbol matching that of 92,

Or what about when planes fly over stadiums surely that is damaging to wildlife as well.

Its pathetic that people have actually got this cancelled when there are a lot more damaging issues

Not sure follow any of that logic.

Just because that's the way it was in 1992 doesn't mean it has to be that way on Saturday, shall we bulldoze the East Stand and cut the upper tier off of the Coverd End too just to make it authentic ?

And we shouldn't do things that are damaging to the environment just because other, more damaging, things happen ? Not sure about that one either.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it either way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

By that logic the only issue we could ever deal with would be the single one that's identified as the single most damaging. Now that really is pathetic.
    Not true but a few balloons released isnt gonna change the world.

If its that bad then a law needs to be created.

I bet fireworks being left off is a big issue, doesnt stop them being sold or thousand let off every year.

I dont see how 600 balloons is such a big issue that the club have stopped it(give it a few more weeks and another club will haveg a milestone and do it)

• Options
    All i am saying is if its such a big deal then fine make it illegal, but its not so i am sure 600 balloons being lot of once for a massive occassion isnt gonna end the world
  • Options
    Well done to anyone who took my advice and got off their bum to put the case to the club.

Or was it left to someone else?
  • Options
    Wasnt this discussed at last weeks meeting? So far this was the only thing the Club had announced about tomorrow. Are the happy clappy things not bad for the environment too, not forgetting the trees felled to produce them, or is Daisy going to collect them all afterwards and put them in her recycling bin?
  • Options

I just hope all of those taxis, pigs and balls were biodegradable.

Exactly the point i was trying to make
  • Options
    I am breaking my boycott for this game, the balloons were a major draw ! Can I get my money back ?
  • Options

I just hope all of those taxis, pigs and balls were biodegradable.

Exactly the point i was trying to make
    No it wasn't, now who's being pathetic.