Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Balloons for Portsmouth

Comments

• Options

lol i love this forum

And I love animals
    Me too, in my experience they're almost universally tasty (when cooked).
    Problem is selecting the right whine ;0)
  • Options
    I’ve still got some of them balloons where Roland’s head was printed upside down....they any use to anyone? The dogs have hardly eaten any of them and those they did seem to have mostly come out the other side and be fine after a quick wash....
  • Options

lol i love this forum

And I love animals

I take it those moaning about something so pathetic recycle 100% of their waste, cycle everywhere and have never been on a plane/car/fuel using vehicle in their entire lives. God forbid anyone ever pulls out a party popper around you too.

Yes
  • Options
    Balloons...... are they any worse than the 10's of thousands of dog poop bags thrown in the rubbish every day (or strewn around my local park) that take over a year to biodegrade if at all?

• Options
    There are no flights in or out of LCY between 1pm on Saturday and 1pm on Sunday.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    No flights because of the balloons?! Bit OTT!
  • Options
    How many balloons would need to be tied to KM's seat to get her back to Belgium? With a westerly wind, surely she'd be home in a couple of hours in an environmentally friendly way.
  • Options
    Baloons? really?
    I agree this is environmentally unfriendly and the club should NOT be doing it. Some will get eaten by wildlife and kill them. Alternatively they end in the sea fish eat them and are either killed by the plastic, or maybe caught and eaten by humans. The club should be more responsible.
  • Options
    CAFCfan, you make a good point, but other than bitching on here what have you actually done about it?

I am a miserably old git, but nothing pisses me off more than people who just complain, do nothing, and offer no alternative ideas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redrobo said:

CAFCfan, you make a good point, but other than bitching on here what have you actually done about it?

I am a miserably old git, but nothing pisses me off more than people who just complain, do nothing, and offer no alternative ideas

Cafcfan can speak for himself but in my opinion NOT releasing any balloons would be a good first step. Meaningless spectacle. Something more appropriate to the occasion would be reducing the prices to fill the ground, and signing the Valley over to the Supporters Trust in advance of a sale of the club.
    Oh great. Let's do nothing.

But what are you trying to do about it? Have you written to the club? Given them a call? Posting a moan on here ain't going to achieve anything.

As I said "people who complain, do nothing, and offer no alternative ideas"
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Cafcfan can speak for himself but in my opinion NOT releasing any balloons would be a good first step. Meaningless spectacle. Something more appropriate to the occasion would be reducing the prices to fill the ground, and signing the Valley over to the Supporters Trust in advance of a sale of the club.

But what are you trying to do about it? Have you written to the club? Given them a call? Posting a moan on here ain't going to achieve anything.

I like a frank exchange of views.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

You got me there. Didn't realise there was more to this message board than posting messages. Can I get back to you when I have some outcomes to report? Reduced prices, you didn't like that idea I guess but let me see what I can do..
  • Options
    @swords_alive is you name supposed to be pronounced in the same way as Brian blessed says ‘Gordon’s Alive’ in the film and the queen album Flash Gordon?

Totally prepared for a realisation this is just me
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

You got me there. Didn't realise there was more to this message board than posting messages. Can I get back to you when I have some outcomes to report? Reduced prices, you didn't like that idea I guess but let me see what I can do..
    Excellent! Prefer they give the trust the pitch but I promise not to be picky, and just for the record a big balloon release is pathetic but I don't really care. They made a pigs ear of it last time as well.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

So, you think it's right for protesters to get into the biggest game of the season cheaper than season ticket holders?

That seems really fair...
  • Options

Redrobo said:

So, you think it's right for protesters to get into the biggest game of the season cheaper than season ticket holders?

That seems really fair...
    More important is 25% of ticket sales goes to the trust. Who wants to diddle them out of money?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

Dansk_Red said:

There are no flights in or out of LCY between 1pm on Saturday and 1pm on Sunday.

It doesn't really matter. There's still a requirement to fill in one of these. And give 28 days notice. Hopefully the Club will have done that........ No doubt @Ollywozere will be along soon to let us know?https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapplication.aspx?catid=1&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=form&id=4366

As to what have I done. Well I tagged Olly on this thread and did something similar on the club's facebook page. What else is there? An email to the infamous CEO perhaps?

BTW the club's own charter says (my emphasis):

"Charlton Athletic football club are dedicated to minimising the environmental impacts of our activities.

To ensure we will fulfil our commitment we will continue to embrace initiatives and technologies that will reduce our environmental impact whenever possible. We will work towards improving efficiency and sustainability within the club at all levels and encourages employees, suppliers and partners to do the same.

Charlton Athletic football club aims to:

• Recycle any waste products generated across the club where possible

• Implement the use of environmentally sustainable material and processes where practical

Encourage players, fans, staff and anyone involved in our club to save energy and be more environmentally conscious

• Educate and inspire young people in our communities through the work of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust

• Promote alternative forms of transport for fans and staff to and from the stadium and training ground that have a reduced impact on the environment"

In what way, precisely, is a balloon release minimising environmental impacts? The club should have sufficient nous within its walls to think about this sort of stuff. Maybe, oh I don't know, a lawyer as CEO or something.....
    This 100%
    This regime says one thing and does another. Liars the lot of them. The sooner they go the better IMHO
  • Options

A role for @TCE and his canine friends tomorrow?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Blessed are the meek...Life of Brian circa 1979

Might be a tad before 1979 that quote...
  • Options

I can also confirm that we have also got clappers on every seat.

Whoop-di-doo

Can they be made into paper planes with a bit of origami? I can see that turning out well.
  • Options

I can also confirm that we have also got clappers on every seat.

oh God no

• Options
    And our reputation as happy clappers is only going to be improved by this.
  • Options

I can also confirm that we have got clappers on every seat.

If katy does a pre-match speech can we see how far they fly?