Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Checkatrade Trophy (Pg 4 - 2018/19 draw)

Comments

• Saw that Port Vale drew Stoke U23s. I wonder if either club (or their fans) will take it seriously.

Was hoping Sunderland would get Newcastle U23s.

Are they allowed to face each other even in the KO rounds?

I know there was a big fuss about keeping Sunderland and Newcastle apart in the Group Stages yet I that'll be impossible if they reach the Final, at least then though it'll be at a neutral venue
  • Promising young talent Laurent Koscielny in the Arsenal U23 side at Portsmouth tonight!
  • Stoke have taken over 4k fans to Port Vale tonight for their derby match...........and are currently watching their U23s lose 3-0 at half time.
  • This guy posted this yesterday.....and then he scored tonight.

• Stoke have taken over 4k fans to Port Vale tonight for their derby match...........and are currently watching their U23s lose 3-0 at half time.

Ha ha ha mental 4k
  • edited December 2018
    Apparently asked for more tickets but it would've meant opening another stand and the police wouldn't let them. Crazy for their U23s in this shit cup, but seemingly it's been so long since the 2 sides played that most fans under 30 have never even seen them play each other.

• 7,940 so if stoke did take 4,000 more away fans for an under 23 team than hime fans 1st team
  • edited December 2018
    Wins tonight for Chelsea, Man City and Newcastle's U21 sides.

Peterborough, Sunderland and Pompey all win too so more games for them.

• 7,940 so if stoke did take 4,000 more away fans for an under 23 team than hime fans 1st team
    I know a fair few Vale ST holders and regular away travellers and Stoke haters and none of them went, which personally I found very weird.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it u21s or u23s that play in this crap
  • MrLargo said:

7,940 so if stoke did take 4,000 more away fans for an under 23 team than hime fans 1st team
    I know a fair few Vale ST holders and regular away travellers and Stoke haters and none of them went, which personally I found very weird.
    I wouldn't go and watch our first team play Palace or Millwall's U21s in this entirely pointless competition. It's humiliating. We win, who cares?! They beat us with their youth team, utter embarrassment for us. The only way you can mitigate that is by not turning up and making it clear you consider it an entirely meaningless fixture.

I'd fucking love to be in the Stoke fans' position tonight, you can't lose. Your youth team loses to your rivals' senior side - no shame in that. Your youth team beats Scumwall/Palace's first team and you laugh all the way home. Either way, you get to spend 90 minutes rejoicing in the fact that your club plays in a proper division every Saturday whilst your rivals are wallowing in the pits of the Football League.

In short, I'm backing your Vale mates.
    I sort of get that but they supposedly detest each other and have not played for yonks.

The thought of Palace or Millwall turning up and taking the piss like Stoke did with no oppo support would be hard to fathom for me, no matter what the competition.

I mean derby friendlies in the past have been taken more seriously.
  • edited December 2018
    Scoham said:
    There are some proper fucking bellends about ....
    Imagine if you needed an eartha kitt and that’s what greeted you , you’d like to shit on the face of the twats who done that .
  • No real surprise it kicked off. 4k Stoke fans didn't go there because they were really interested to see their youth team playing.

From what i've read there was trouble before, during and after the game. Bottles, seats, flares etc all thrown onto the pitch. Stewards injured, a pub smashed up, a Port vale scorer hit with a bottle, riot police wading into the away fans after the game.

Quiet night.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46451780
    The 11 people arrested were all from the north of Staffordshire, aged between 18 and 61, and detained for a mixture of public order and violence offences.
    A blend of youth and experience...
  • Bloody West Ham fans again, aint that right @Big_Bad_World
  • edited December 2018

No real surprise it kicked off. 4k Stoke fans didn't go there because they were really interested to see their youth team playing.

From what i've read there was trouble before, during and after the game. Bottles, seats, flares etc all thrown onto the pitch. Stewards injured, a pub smashed up, a Port vale scorer hit with a bottle, riot police wading into the away fans after the game.

Quiet night.

It was a quiet night for Stoke!
  • MrLargo said:

Saw that Port Vale drew Stoke U23s. I wonder if either club (or their fans) will take it seriously.

Was hoping Sunderland would get Newcastle U23s.

Are they allowed to face each other even in the KO rounds?

I know there was a big fuss about keeping Sunderland and Newcastle apart in the Group Stages yet I that'll be impossible if they reach the Final, at least then though it'll be at a neutral venue
    How demeaning. Can't think of anything more humiliating than watching our first team lining up against Millwall or Palace's under 21s.
    Thanks to Roland this is the only way we can watch big Premiership and Championship clubs now.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2018
    MrLargo said:

7,940 so if stoke did take 4,000 more away fans for an under 23 team than hime fans 1st team
    I wouldn't go and watch our first team play Palace or Millwall's U21s in this entirely pointless competition.
    You wouldn't have to. Bowyer would make 9 changes and play the kids.

• Oggy Red said:

MrLargo said:

I wouldn't go and watch our first team play Palace or Millwall's U21s in this entirely pointless competition.
    You wouldn't have to. Bowyer would make 9 changes and play the kids.

I'm pretty sure they didn't go to watch their youngsters.
  • the whole smashing up of toilets i find quite sad and that includes when charlton fans have done it in the past, smokes/flares etc i dont mind as long as they do not hurt anyone.

What about drummers?
  • When the away end is occupied exclusively by away fans like last night the club the fans belong too should be made to repair the damage.
  • Is it u21s or u23s that play in this crap

@oohaahmortimer

Correct me if i am wrong someone, but i thought it was U23, but some clubs choose to use their U21 squad. Thought this come up before , either that or my own logic which seems right :)
  • edited December 2018

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46451780

The 11 people arrested were all from the north of Staffordshire, aged between 18 and 61, and detained for a mixture of public order and violence offences.

61!!

Fucking hell. Chill out Grandad.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46451780

61!!

Fucking hell. Chill out Grandad.

Agro Grandad