Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Checkatrade Trophy (Pg 4 - 2018/19 draw)

Comments

• Must be a change from last season, was a free draw at this stage last season.
  • Forest Green would be a decent draw.
  • Forest Green would be a decent draw.

Away, new ground and meaty pies.
  • Draw day .... too excited!
  • cafcfan said:

Undet 21s dont even exist anymore.

Its under 23's in the development leagur then under 18s

There are all sorts of age limits for all sorts of different competitions. Are you saying that the UEFA U19 Youth League (which mirrors the teams in the Champions League but at a junior level) doesn't exist because there are no U19 leagues in England?
    No i am saying english team dont have under 21 teams anymore, it was changed to under 23s in the development league, and those are the teams that were invited to play in the Checkatrade trophy.
    Not true.

Under 21 teams were invited to participate.

Now they may not exist in so much as they don't compete in a league format anymore, but the invited clubs/teams received the invitation based on them fielding an under 21 team (with a fair few stipulations attached):

https://www.efl.com/news/2017/june/checkatrade-trophy-invited-under-21-teams-confirmed-for-201718/
  • It’ll be Luton away.
  • It will be Yeovil away......its localised don't forget.

Nope it isn't localised...
  • fuck me heard twice " the raw emotions of the championship at griffin park "
  • Sponsored links:

• gives the premier league a chance to develop there younger players, whos the clown laughing at leyton orient.
  • The anticipation is killing me.
  • At home to Oxford.
    Just been drawn.
  • northern
    oldham vs leicester city u21s
    rochdale vs lincoln city
    bury vs fleetwood town
    shrewsbury vs blackpool

southern
    yeovil vs forest green rovers
    chelsea u21s vs pompey
    charlton vs oxford utd
    luton vs peterborough

• managed to get 7 and 1 confused fucking idiots
  • also chelsea u21s will play there game at Stamford bridge wouldn't of minded getting that.

Nope it isn't localised...
    Do you want to re-consider that comment ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Will have a blooming good laugh tonight if Chelsea Under 21s beat Lincoln and get to the final. That will just prove what a complete farce this whole competition is.
  • Lincoln won on penalties.
  • Lincoln go to Wembley for the first time in their history.
  • What a great job the Cowleys have done, I imagine they'll be in demand from other clubs.

The other semi will be Yeovil vs Shrewsbury

• Delighted for Lincoln.

Chelski just don't need the money......
  • I expect Roman to act and sack Conte after another humiliating Chelsea defeat :smile:
  • edited February 2018
    Pleased for Lincoln but was hoping Chelsea would actually go on and win it so we could see the end of this ridiculous format.

It's a comp for league 1 and 2 sides, if you need extra clubs then invite the top 12 conference sides.

Should also add, fair play to Chelsea's kids. I know they played a couple of older players in an earlier round but they were predominantly kids, and they knocked out MK Dons, Pompey and Oxford so must be pretty decent.
  • Pleased for Lincoln but was hoping Chelsea would actually go on and win it so we could see the end of this ridiculous format.

It's a comp for league 1 and 2 sides, if you need extra clubs then invite the top 12 conference sides.

Should also add, fair play to Chelsea's kids. I know they played a couple of older players in an earlier round but they were predominantly kids, and they knocked out MK Dons, Pompey and Oxford so must be pretty decent.

Even bigger... the Chelsea kids will no doubt be the ones no loan club wants as their better youngsters will be all out on loan somewhere
  • Pleased for Lincoln but was hoping Chelsea would actually go on and win it so we could see the end of this ridiculous format.

Not hard to have a good crop of youngsters though when you spend £m’s scouring Europe for the best kids and then poach and nick them off small teams meaning their academies become unviable as they get minimal returns for the cream of their endeavours.
  • Attendance was 9444.