Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friday Takeover Five

2»

Comments

• Options
    1. Early Christmas present
    2. Stay, we need some stability after the last few years
    3. Would be totally annoyed
    4. Not a huge amount, he mainly just ignores us, but he hates being shown up in Belgium
    5. Throw her out of a high window instead
  • Options
    1. There will be a takeover on the deadline of the January 2018 transfer window ( I have a bet with my sister that this will be the case)

2. Robinson should be kept on.

3. If the new owner/s change the badge/nickname I would care a lot

4. The protests, boycotts & publicity have been a factor in Duchatelet looking to sell

5. You must be fecking joking, she should be the first person out the door, preferably fired out of the Valley by catapult.
  • Options
    1. No takeover before transfer window.
    2. Get rid.
    3. No changes.
    4. No impact on him.
    5. Shut the door on your way out.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    1. There will be a takeover before the new year
    2. Stay for this season at least, but if not, get Nathan Jones or Powell in
    3. Would be a mad move for a new owner who would have a great deal of goodwill from fans
    4. He hated the fans coming to Belgium, and the protests have impacted how he runs the club
    5. Ha
  • Options
    1, not till the summer unfortunately.
    2, kept on.
    3, must keep our identity.
    4, definitely a factor in the old ball bag wanting out.
    5, pointless question.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    4. This is a difficult one.
    I have the opinion that anything we do at The Valley is like water off a ducks back but the demos in Belgium have at the very least pissed him off.
    I went on the March 4th demo and would have loved us to have had more of an organised presence inside the stadium, which would have had even more of an impact. But for various reasons that wasn’t possible, not least that the coaches had to leave more or less straight after the demo/march finished.
    The march itself received very good media coverage in Belgium and beyond, so it was “without doubt” a very worthwhile project.
    Given that I (and a few others), believe there’s a possibility that he has some sociopathic traits, so we really have no way of knowing just how much it bothered him. Leastways, how much to the point that it has encouraged him to sell up.
    For the record I’d like us to have a “get together “ at The Belgian Embassy or The EFL should a further significant demo be deemed worthwhile. The publicity in Belgium would be huge and highly embarrassing.
    Only problem with demos at embassies in The UK (as well as anywhere in the world come to that), nowadays are sullied with extraneous problems by the authorities and I’m sure we don’t want it to become a major headache for them given the current climate.
    It was a major reason why the Belgians were initially very reluctant to allow a demonstration of any nature and the route for the march wasn’t by any means the one we would have liked......still, it was better than nothing and as I say, the publicity more than made up for it.
  • Options
    1. No takeover before Jan 18
    2. Definitely kept on (and financially supported)
    3. can't really change the nickname so we are talking badge. not a deal breaker tbh
    4. not to the same extent they were successful in raising awareness, but of course its been a factor,
    5. Curbs got to walk out the front door with his head held high. I hope that when Meire finally departs it will be quietly out a side entrance, head down with her headphones on listening to her beloved techno music.
  • Options
    1. No takeover
    2. Robinson kept on
    3. Would care a lot if it was a dramatic change - a tweak, not bothered.
    4. A factor but not the main one.
    5. Silly question - out the door.

• Options
     Takeover by Jan 18 - please
     Kept on - like Robbo
     Just have to retain the Badge
     Have helped but not as much as you may think, he is a very rich man with a thicker skin than most
     Is she still here?

• Options
    . No takeover before Jan 18
    2. Definitely kept on (and financially supported)
    3. can't really change the nickname so we are talking badge. not a deal breaker tbh
    4. not to the same extent they were successful in raising awareness, but of course its been a factor,
    5. Curbs got to walk out the front door with his head held high. I hope that when Meire finally departs it will be quietly out a side entrance, head down with her headphones on listening to her beloved techno music.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. Wont be
    2. Kept on
    3. Care a lot
    4. Have been a factor
    5. First out
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    1 after (cos roly's a difficult prick and knows fuck all about football)
    2 retain (turmoil erodes performances like nothing else)
    3 not much ( what we call the Addicks is up to us, the badge has changed before, it'll change again)
    4 definitely a factor (in the timing at the very least plus we've tilted the finances)
    5 first out the door (better yet she never darkens the door ever again)
  • Options
    1.No Takeover
    2 .No Takeover
    3..No Takeover
    4..No Takeover
    5..No Takeover

As you can see. I am resigned to the fact that this club will be part of the Duchatelet family for many generations to come.
    Only way any personell will change is if they pop it.
    And then we'll probably be run by one of Roland's cats..with his goldfish as CEO.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

1. There will be a takeover before the January 2018 transfer window closes OR There won't be a Takeover until at least after the January 2018, if at all .....After Jan18

2. If there is a takeover then Robinson should be sacked OR Robinson should be kept on......Kept on

3. If the new owner/s change the badge/nickname I wouldn't care much OR I would care a lot........I would care a lot re badge but nickname , huh which one Addicks, Valiants or Robins??? :wink:

4. The protests, boycotts & publicity have been a factor in Duchatelet looking to sell OR The protests, boycotts and publicity had nothing to do with Duchatelet looking to sell.....Definitely a factor, didn't like it up him in his own back yard

5. I hope Katrien Meire is kept on long term as CEO for continuity and to show what you can really do OR You must be fecking joking, she should be the first person out the door.

Ha ha ha 'you cannot be serious'
  • Options
    1. I am choosing to be positive and believe we can have a change of ownership before or in early January.

2. He should be kept on due to purely current decent results but I won't be angry or lose sleep if our new owner/s want somebody of their own choice instead of him.

3. I would care about a name change and probably badge change but it depends how big of a change to the badge, as it has changed before.

4. Protests, boycotts and bad publicity are the major reason he is selling, as they have killed off his idea of football being a social gathering rather then about the actual football.

5. I hope she is out the door forever within the hour of a new owner being announced, good riddance.
  • Options
    1. There will be a takeover before the January 2018 transfer window closes OR There won't be a Takeover until at least after the January 2018, if at all

After if at all

2. If there is a takeover then Robinson should be sacked OR Robinson should be kept on

If we are maintaining our present form at takeover time kept on

3. If the new owner/s change the badge/nickname I wouldn't care much OR I would care a lot

I would be uneasy as what would come next? Leave The Valley? so probably care a lot

4. The protests, boycotts & publicity have been a factor in Duchatelet looking to sell OR The protests, boycotts and publicity had nothing to do with Duchatelet looking to sell

Who can tell? However I sense he didn't appreciate the Belgian visits even if the English ones left him cold in his absence

5. I hope Katrien Meire is kept on long term as CEO for continuity and to show what you can really do OR You must be fecking joking, she should be the first person out the door.

Get rid. No respect for the Club or its history and traditions.
  • Options
    1. No takeover before next January.
    2. Kept on.
    3. I'd care, not that it would matter, but that's 'progress'.
    4. The protests were mildly irritating to him, nothing more.
    5. Irrelevant: new owners would have their own CEO.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

2. Kept on.

Redskin.....re your answer to 4.
    Are you referring to ALL protests or just those at The Valley?
  • Options
    1. Will be a takeover.
    2. Kept on.
    3. Care a lot.
    4. Have been a factor.
    5. Shut up Henry - stop taking the piss... :-)
  • Options

Redskin said:

2. Kept on.

All protests.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin said:

Redskin said:

2. Kept on.

All protests.

I'll have to disagree, although I do think the Belgian protests didn't have the clout some think they did.
    IMO the beach ball and stress ball stoppages as well as the large protests behind the west stand showed Meire that the majority were prepared to take action. Not 2%.