Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2nd Rnd - AFC Wimbledon away - Sunday 2pm (only 675 tickets)

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:

Proper cup tie, plenty of atmosphere due to the obvious, we will sell out and make some noise in support of not just the team, but KR, shame I won’t make it unless they change it to Sunday

Good chance it will get changed to Sunday again if BBC can change 8 games again. This could actually help us as we play Tuesday before and have no midweek game following.
  • Options
    redman said:

DA9 said:

Proper cup tie, plenty of atmosphere due to the obvious, we will sell out and make some noise in support of not just the team, but KR, shame I won’t make it unless they change it to Sunday

Good chance it will get changed to Sunday again if BBC can change 8 games again. This could actually help us as we play Tuesday before and have no midweek game following.
    Unlikely i would think

• Options
    redman said:

DA9 said:

Except the postponed Shrewsbury games could be rearranged for that date. Also any replay would be the following week.
  • Options
    We'll have a Checkatrade game that week, then following week out because of potential replay. Congestion time again.
  • Options
    It's a lot better than say Gateshead away. Winnable even without key players. Poxy ground mind.
    It's about a two mile walk to the ground from Turks boatyard. About 1/2 mile from Norbiton train station.
  • Options
    I think Kuntish don needs a visit
  • Options

They seem as happy as us with the draw at the very odd AFC Wimbledon message board.

Kentish Don is quite the charmer
    Bloody hell. This is a good reminder just how good our forum is. I mean the design is atrocious

I wouldn’t mind having a few of them post on here to be honest. I imagine @leuth and Kentish Don clashing swords a few times
  • Options

We'll have a Checkatrade game that week, then following week out because of potential replay. Congestion time again.

So checkatrade would be 5th, 12th for potential cup replay. Surely they won't expect us to play Shrewsbury on 19th?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2017
    redman said:

So checkatrade would be 5th, 12th for potential cup replay. Surely they won't expect us to play Shrewsbury on 19th?
    This is the Football League we’re talking about...

Interesting if we send up with a home game on the 5th.
  • Options
    For me (and I would hope the vast majority of Lifers) the FA Cup comes way down the list priorities for the Addicks. I would lose little sleep in losing to the Wombles if I knew we would win the next 6 league matches. Charlton have as much chance of winning the Cup as Kim Jong Nutcase has of securing an invite to a BBQ at the White House. Can we just please concentrate on winning league matches.
  • Options
    Great, we get to listen to their 2 KR chants over and over for another hour and a half.
  • Options
    Glad I am on 12 hour days that day, went last season, dreadful place, anyone moaning about not getting a ticket, you are the lucky ones...will not set foot in that dump again.
  • Options
    Not a great tie, as drawing sides from your own division is pretty shit but could be worse. At least it's a derby game and better than going to fucking Blackburn or Wigan.

Can't wait for the usual 1 game a season moans about how ticket sales were prioritised incorrectly and that they should be changed.

I know we have bigger priorities but i hope we smash them and get a top premier league side in round 3.
  • Options
    Just seen that Billericay have already played 8 FA Cup ties this season, their replay will be 9. Good job they have a big squad as they will have games piling up.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Stick the fa cup I'm going Scunthorpe instead

Not now you don't have the car.....
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Can't see KR playing a weakened side . He will be desperate to knock them out.

A bit like Luzon against palice.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Ffs

Wimbledon away
    Your round Chris :smiley:
    See you in the Wetherspoons about 12 Rambo, with Christine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Will probably go - hopefully the ticket allocation will first go to the ones that went yesterday, although I doubt if we will take much more than 500 anyway.

To answer an earlier post - last year it was 1-1, A Ricky Holmes special & no idea who got theirs.

The big fella who we'd kept in check all match, Elliott
  • Options
    wimbledon as i said a couple of weeks ago are becoming quite irritating these days with there poor us small club attitude and seem to have a real issue with karl, i get he was the mk dons manager but is that it?. i wouldn't feel the need to wish alan pardew to get stabbed.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Great, we get to listen to their 2 KR chants over and over for another hour and a half.

Our support needs to be loud in support of KR and drown the wankers out every time they pipe up with their shit. Ticket wise they must have to give us more than the 600 odd we get for a league match. I would say 1,000.

• Options
    E-cafc said:

CAFCTrev said:

Our support needs to be loud in support of KR and drown the wankers out every time they pipe up with their shit. Ticket wise they must have to give us more than the 600 odd we get for a league match. I would say 1,000.

Don't the home team, under FA rules for the FA Cup, HAVE to offer the away side 15% of the stadium capacity?

Hence, moving season ticket holders from the East Stand for FA Cup games?

(And the regular bru-ha-ha of moving thousands of people at Old Trafford, when they draw Exeter, Torquay, Walsall etc. etc. in the third round...)
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

CAFCTrev said:

I was thinking about 1,000. On the highlight the away team had some (100?!) Seats behind the goal as well as the side. No doubt the police will reduce our allocation and give more to ADD due to their fans.
  • Options

E-cafc said:

CAFCTrev said:

I was thinking about 1,000. On the highlight the away team had some (100?!) Seats behind the goal as well as the side. No doubt the police will reduce our allocation and give more to ADD due to their fans.
    Charlton should insist on the full entitlement or seek to either get the game moved or have the home allocation reduced proportionately
  • Options
    I highly doubt we will get anymore than we did last year even with the 15% rule.