Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fulham U21 - Match Thread

Comments

• I love it when the BBC sports app tells me we're losing in a game I'd forgotten we were playing to some big club or others reserve team before it's even bothered to tell me we've kicked off or what the fudging teams are....
  • Mascoll just made a great burst down the left. If I wasn't wearing contacts I'd have said JDS was playing!
  • 19:57
    Fulham looking bright

It’s been a good opening period from the Whites who are starting to get into their rhythm and play some nice fluid football - clear to see the footballing philosophy at the club is being implemented into all sides
  • Leuth said:

Mascoll just made a great burst down the left. If I wasn't wearing contacts I'd have said JDS was playing!

Unless I need new contacts and it was KAG, haven't worked it out yet
  • 14' Reeves and Aribo both see strikes blocked on the edge of the box. 0-1. #cafc
  • 20:01
    Charlton seeing possession but lacking final quality

Charlton are enjoying their fair share of possession but are lacking that final touch at the moment, that said Fulham are defending well as a unit
  • 20:03
    O'Riley mistake allows Charlton to counter

O’Riley was caught on the ball in midfield there and allowed Charlton to counter, but Norman was quick off his line to clear the danger - good keeping
  • 17' Ahearne-Grant cuts in from the left and curls an effort just wide of the far post. 0-1. #cafc
  • 20:07
    Strong defending from Davies

Charlton try to break into the box but strong defending from Davies sees him slam the door in the home side’s face
  • 20:10
    Thoughts so far

It’s been a decent opening period but the star man has definitely been Thorsteinsson - Charlton don’t have an answer to him at the moment and he’s beating men at will down the left.

Adebayo is having a good game too and is holding the ball up nicely up top by himself.

Decent display from the defence too - Davies having a strong half.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is captivating... not.
  • edited November 2017

This is captivating... not.

It was.... yes it was....oh no....wow (is this any better) :wink:
  • 20:13
    Mistake from Davies

A mistake from Davies sees Charlton win possession in a dangerous area, but the cross is poor and it’s cleared
  • 27' Ben Reeves thumps the outside of the post with a shot from a tight angle. #cafc
  • 20:16
    Acres of space in the middle

Harris finds himself with acres of space in the middle of the park and he charges through, but his pass to Adebayo isn’t quite the one needed and Charlton clear
  • 1-1 reeves good finish after a bad clearance from them
  • Lovely little assist by their centre-back there. Textbook nod into the space
  • 30' GOAL! Ben Reeves equalises for the Addicks. 1-1. #cafc
  • Gooooaaaaallllllaaaaazzzzziiiiiiooooooo
  • Sponsored links:

• Mark Marshall's cross was headed back across goal and Reeves was well placed to stab home the rebound. 1-1. #cafc
  • I knew we'd equalise Robinson in !
  • So exited I almost pissed meself
  • I told you it would take reeves and Marshall 30 minutes to warm up
  • REEVESY REEVESY REEVESY
  • Wembley here we come
  • 20:18KEY EVENT
    GOAL! Reeves equalises for Charlton, 1-1

There’s the equaliser as Reeves slots home from the middle of the six yard box.

They’ve started to threaten a tad more as the half has progressed but Fulham were their own worst enemies after failing to head the ball away from the midfielder
  • 20:19
    Concentration needed now

Fulham need to keep their concentration levels now after going a goal down, they’ve been good this half and have been the better side
  • That was Mascoll that time - great burst. Autocorrects to Magical. Going to just say that from now on
  • 20:21
    Charlton go close

Blimey, that was a close one! The ball is fizzed in and Davies acrobatically diverts the ball behind for a corner - that could’ve gone anywhere