Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Life Hacks

Comments

• buckshee said:

Carter said:

Just bicarbonate of soda. that and white vinegar cleans pretty much anything

beyond that, always have cable ties to hand. not much they can't fix.

A serious one and a beaut of a money saver. Cotton balls treated with WD40 are a trillion times better to light any sort of fire with than anything else

apart from petrol, that's good

The stainless steel cooker hood we have is a magnet for grease , realised the other week that a quick spray of WD40 is fantastic to clean it.
    WD40 must have 10 uses I can think of off the top of my head aside from lubricating moving metal parts, great stuff
  • edited September 2017
    Cover up scuffs in wooden floors by rubbing a walnut shell over them
  • Carter said:

buckshee said:

Carter said:

A serious one and a beaut of a money saver. Cotton balls treated with WD40 are a trillion times better to light any sort of fire with than anything else

The stainless steel cooker hood we have is a magnet for grease , realised the other week that a quick spray of WD40 is fantastic to clean it.
    WD40 must have 10 uses I can think of off the top of my head aside from lubricating moving metal parts, great stuff
    Obviously if the Mrs cleaned the cooker hood more often than once a year it might help.
  • A life hack to become 'An absolutely superb eBayer!' '5*' etc

Simply buy something and then pay for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Doritos make excellent kindling for a fire too.

They're shocking as food so I'm glad to hear there is a use for them.
  • Stig said:

To save on the boredom of watching 3rd their football, why not have a tea party instead?

Surely with Roland around (metaphorically speaking, of course) shouldn't that be a tea dance?
  • Never using the phrase "life hacks" has significantly contributed to my sense of self-worth.

Ok.

Wearing my underpants for 2 days in a row instead of changing them every day has saved me a carton of detergent over the course of a year, and I have never been challenged about B.O.

Happy now?
  • cabbles said:

For a while now, I've had these boxers that have that gap at the bottom of the front. Time and time again, my old boy will slip out inadvertently which is really annoying because if I'm on my way to work, in my suit, it requires some sort of covert rearrangement as discreetly as possible

Anyway, tonight I went swimming and because I was only heading straight home after, I didn't have a spare set to change into. So tonight I simply turned them inside out and it dawned on me. I just have to wear them inside out. Problem solved

It was like an epiphany and I'm very pleased with myself

Wouldn't want to let mini-Cable out.
  • Underpants should be worn four days. Right way, back to front, inside out and inside out back to front.
  • And whoever invented the ones with these openings is not a real man.
  • edited October 2017

• Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

And whoever invented the ones with these openings is not a real man.

When you say "these openings" you mean like this?

Any boxer or brief that it can slip out - Ludicrous. What bloke wants that from everyday pants. Security is key
  • buckshee said:

Carter said:

Baby oil is even better.
  • cabbles said:

For a while now, I've had these boxers that have that gap at the bottom of the front. Time and time again, my old boy will slip out inadvertently which is really annoying because if I'm on my way to work, in my suit, it requires some sort of covert rearrangement as discreetly as possible

Anyway, tonight I went swimming and because I was only heading straight home after, I didn't have a spare set to change into. So tonight I simply turned them inside out and it dawned on me. I just have to wear them inside out. Problem solved

As an alternative, you could also try them back to front!
  • cabbles said:

Caddles, you need to ask for a raise, surely a top level mod like yourself should be able to afford some new boxers.

I reckon rob is having your money away pal.
  • Any life hacks for getting the last bit of pee out before tucking Percy back in.Tapping him on the urinal does it for me.
  • Underpants should be worn four days. Right way, back to front, inside out and inside out back to front.

I wear mine until they stick to the wall for more than 5 seconds
  • cabbles said:

They don't sit right

FYI - if anyone wants to avoid this range I think I picked them up from Sainsbury's saver centre in Sydenham, so they're probably a Sainsbury's range of some sort

• cabbles said:

cabbles said:

They don't sit right

FYI - if anyone wants to avoid this range I think I picked them up from Sainsbury's saver centre in Sydenham, so they're probably a Sainsbury's range of some sort

I am now in no doubt who amongst us has bought a pair of the ice boxers.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

They don't sit right

Ah, you bought them in Palace territory. That'll be why they don't work properly...