Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options

How is it fun watching your country go down the pan?

Says who..... You
  • Options
    Good to see you spread your wings when it comes to collecting fair and balanced information... Do you actually make a contribution to the uk economy if so bet it is not much.
  • Options

Are you oblivious to this mess we are in now - whether you are a Remainer or a Brexiter it shouldn't be too hard to realise this is a mess. Many people who voted Brexit are observing it! The problem with many hard Brexiters is that they are not patriotic at all, they just go about accusing those of us that are of not being so. They are more than happy to take a risk on the future of our kids. We don't need enemies when we have patriots like that!

Yes i am apart from a dozen people here and james o brien... No body else talks about it... At work, down the pub.... Nobody, only you 40 or so. (Twitter experts included).
  • Options

Leuth said:

Stonemuse has given up, I notice

And what did happen to Fiiiiish? Did I miss something?
    Oh he is still here.....
  • Options
    Nobody talks about it, except on Any Questions, Any Answers, Andrew Marr, The Daily Politics, Newsnight, This Week, Peston on Sunday, The World At 1, PM, Your Call, LBC, even 'Good Morning' (in the evening) oh and Love Island.
    Not to mention online and printed media such as The Spectator, the New Statesman, Prospect, every Daily and Sunday newspaper, as well as media across Europe and the World.
    All pygmies compared with Chippy's associates at work and down the pub.
  • Options

Good to see you spread your wings when it comes to collecting fair and balanced information... Do you actually make a contribution to the uk economy if so bet it is not much.
    Over my life time I bet it is significantly more than a semi literate moron like yourself. I think you probably over estimate your contribution by a factor of 10. In your peabrained Walter Mitty world you actually believe that half the stuff you post on here about you and your wife flying around the world saving U.K. Businesses from incompetent EU workers, buying 2 or 3 new cars a year, and all the other boastful shit you post on here is actually true.
  • Options

Over my life time I bet it is significantly more than a semi literate moron like yourself. I think you probably over estimate your contribution by a factor of 10. In your peabrained Walter Mitty world you actually believe that half the stuff you post on here about you and your wife flying around the world saving U.K. Businesses from incompetent EU workers, buying 2 or 3 new cars a year, and all the other boastful shit you post on here is actually true.
    Two cars in the last 3 years... One on bonus after cheating lying thieving workers whom you welcome on a daily basis made a horse shit of a basic job with fraudulent qualifications... Some who are now serving time for it.. When they come out i will be happy for them to come round your house... If you own it.... And rewire it..... For free... What you frightened off.
  • Options

Two cars in the last 3 years... One on bonus after cheating lying thieving workers whom you welcome on a daily basis made a horse shit of a basic job with fraudulent qualifications... Some who are now serving time for it.. When they come out i will be happy for them to come round your house... If you own it.... And rewire it..... For free... What you frightened off.
    Oh by the way... 4 were charged one escaped and is now in Lithuania, so am i told, one dressed as a woman, say no more how he got out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Red_in_SE8 , please can you have your argument without resorting to personal insults.
  • Options

Aren't you lovely.
  • Options
    Stig said:

@Red_in_SE8 , please can you have your argument without resorting to personal insults.

Let him go i don't care...
  • Options
    This calls for a bit of a knees up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9XsKu9WiVs
  • Options
    seth plum said:

This calls for a bit of a knees up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9XsKu9WiVs

Is this on repeat
  • Options
    Were they German cars by any chance?
  • Options
    Ford and vauxhall
  • Options
    so yes then.
  • Options

Ford and vauxhall

So foreign anyway.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow, never had a moment like that. Though it was as funny as the Irish premier’s moment, specially when I saw the LOLS.

If you didn’t take yourselves too seriously, or take the Irish premier too seriously, the half a whoosh should have been obvious.
  • Options

This is entirely why remainers can never win the argument. Reason and logic means nothing when you think you’re smart and you won’t listen to anyone else.
  • Options
    The argument has already been won by brexiters, there was a referendum. (In which they knew what they were voting for so we're told,).
  • Options

Stig said:

What? Are you serious? Chippy dishes out cheap personal insults on here on an almost daily basis. I only ever respond in kind when I am a target. And I will continue to do so.
    I suggested that Brexit voters might be a bit dim, and got yellow carded - Golfie called me a tosser and that was okay apparently.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

This is entirely why remainers can never win the argument. Reason and logic means nothing when you think you’re smart and you won’t listen to anyone else.
    Your comment is fine on the face of it but falls down when the Brexit argument is lacking in anything other than inane comment, sound bites and chippys enjoying watching the mess unfold while all the time telling those of us on the other team that we are unpatriotic. I can fully understand why this provokes the responses it does.

• Options
    It would be great if all sides could refrain from the 'personals' tbh but equally it's almost inevitable when discussing something so important and so polar that sometimes some people cross the line. For the most part the discussion remains civil enough in comparison to other places, which is to all our credit.

It would also be great if, instead of just trawling for a reaction as certain posters on here (this thread) seem to do exclusively, they actually contributed something positive to counter the constant negativity that those in the Remain side are accussed of. Contrary to perception I'm sure most Remainers would be happy to consider some good news about Brexit (that's factual, not rhetorical, wishful thinking or just regurgitated Leave campaigning).
  • Options

Stig said:

What? Are you serious? Chippy dishes out cheap personal insults on here on an almost daily basis. I only ever respond in kind when I am a target. And I will continue to do so.
    I suggested that Brexit voters might be a bit dim, and got yellow carded - Golfie called me a tosser and that was okay apparently.
    I'll be the first to admit that as moderators, we don't always get things right, but there are ways of dealing with any issues. Resorting to tit-for-tat name calling isn't one of them. We're trying to maintain an atmosphere where everyone who wants to, feels that they can contribute - if they don't then the whole thing starts breaking down. I'm all for having a robust argument but suggesting people might be a bit dim and certainly calling them 'morons' is not a helpful approach.

Please, if anyone feels that someone has abused them, they should use the flags - it's what they are there for. Anyone with more general/ongoing concerns about another poster's behaviour should talk to one of the mods about it. Resorting to personal insults doesn't win anyone over and doesn't make the atmosphere conducive to discussion. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Bordering on libellous and defamation I would think.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!