Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    Well that wasn’t for the faint hearted this morning! 

Driving rain, heavy mud and puddles galore. Loads of people slipped, I nearly went about 10 times and walked one slope. 

Good fun though 
  • Options
    Horrible today.  A minute worse yhan the last few weeks and I was breathing deeply for the whole 5k.  That's the wettest I have seen Shorne. 
  • Options
    A 17-second improvement for my least shite, shite run of the year…Ho-Hum
  • Options
    Not the most enjoyable one for me. Having spent the morning lecturing my lad about pacing himself I found I had to stop and walk with just 200m to go 🙈

Glad to get it done though and nice bumping into @ThreadKiller again. 245 at Avery Hill Park. My lad knocked another minute off his PB so he was happy 
  • Options
    Hadnt run for a few weeks as did my back in, and was only 3 seconds slower than. Last time. Probably because a fellow addick saw my top and we had a nice chat for a couple of 5k, way faster than I expected to go. Was dead at the end
  • Options
    Spent the past couple of Saturdays at Thames Path parkrun in Woolwich, before that I went to Maidstone River Park parkrun (as it's now called) - lovely run, a bit narrow in places though. 
  • Options
    Managed to drag myself round the Chester 10k event in the wet this morning in just under an hour, which was my goal, so I ought to be happy with that. Never am though. Glad you don't have to run wearing  the medal as it's ridiculously big and heavy, My technical T-shirt is a little tight across the chest too, but a good event.
  • Options
    I covered a wet 11 miles this morning. GPS went a bit wonky at some point so I now hold the world record for 100m/200m/400m/800m/1mile 
  • Options
    Ticked off another new one for me today, Raphael Park in Romford, nice park & friendly volunteers and managed to complete Stopwatch Bingo on the Parkrun app. Fancy doing Charlton soon, for those that have done it what’s it like?
  • Options
    My second go being Run Director at Footscray Meadows Parkrun today, a lovely Park to run in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 16
    Charlton is good - reasonably flat, three laps, fairly simple course, winning cafe at the end.

Went over to Gladstone parkrun this morning - over Cricklewood/Willesden way - very busy and narrow start so never really got going, but good enough. Nice view of Wembley at the top of the hill.
  • Options
    Just arrived in Weymouth to run in the half marathon tomorrow morning.
    First going to watch Weymouth v Braintree at 3pm today. 
  • Options
    Did a 10k on Thursday so thought my legs would be like lead but actually a reasonable time.
    Singed up for the city 5k in July, hopefully get places
  • Options
    Another damp long run for me. 12 miles with a fast (for me) middle 4. Working towards a 10 mile race on Good Friday. 
  • Options
    Signed up for a 5 miler on Mayday. Tried to do a 10k yesterday and my knee went, seemed to be at the sides. Will see how it goes, feels fine today but don't want to do serious damage.
  • Options
    managing to keep my knee in check and seem to have a training schedule that works - couple of runs a week (one longer and one 5k + an hour of 7 a side on a Tuesday). did 8 miles the other morning in 1 hour 14 mins, the thought of running another 5 didn't massively fill me with dread....hoping for around 2 and a half hours for the LLMH
  • Options
    edited March 22
    Anyone do Danson? Giving it a go for a change tomorrow. 83 or my 84 have been at Avery Hill so feel disloyal at the thought of venturing elsewhere. The only other one was Danson when you could double up on NYD 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danson is a busy one mate and the bit through the woods must be double muddy at the moment.

I can’t do tomorrow sadly as busy in the morning 
  • Options
    Anyone do Danson? Giving it a go for a change tomorrow. 83 or my 84 have been at Avery Hill so feel disloyal at the thought of venturing elsewhere. The only other one was Danson when you could double up on NYD 
    I am the absolute opposite of you, I bore easy. 
    You’re worried about cheating on your Parkrun when I really have 3 regulars that I see on rotation plus I like to spice it up as often as I can by poking about a bit too…
    Least slow time of the year (and probs a few weeks before that too) at Highbury Fields this morning. 
    Cracking morning, even attempted to volunteer as I’d gotten there so early but they didn’t seem to like strangers up there (could just have been me though)…
  • Options
    I doubt anyone else on here has done Irchester Country Park. My 5th go round that one and my times have stopped going into reverse at last. A minute quicker than last time I did it early last month.

I note Dallas Burston Polo Club has ceased doing a Parkrun. Don't know the reason, but I had it scheduled for before I hit 250 as it was less than an hours drive from me. Shame.

222 today (double Nelson 😉)
  • Options
    I managed to get up this morning and head up to shorne. 22.57 for me. Getting closer to my pb of a few years ago. A little breezy but a lovely morning.
  • Options
    Enjoyed that today. Knee held up and got under 28 mins from first time since July. Got faster as the race went on as well
  • Options
    Nice morning if a bit cold and windy. Danson is a lovely picturesque setting but it’s weird running past spots where you’d have a fag before school or scenes of various teenage escapades. 

A 2 circuit route made a change, but think I prefer Avery Hill and find that a bit more friendlier. 
  • Options
    I do like checking out other PRs. We don't have PR here, so I have limited experience (11 runs, 8 different courses).  The courses obviously vary drastically, but the welcome and friendly vibe is consistent wherever.  I really liked the Thames Path PR of the 3 SE London/Kent courses I've done, but need to do Charlton Park, Footscray and the 2 in Dartford also.  Anybody done those?  Any good?

I wasn't a fan of muddy winter courses, but after recent exposure to these conditions, I realise this is all part of the appeal of PR!

• Options
    Yep Footscray is very good I’m a run director there, we’re changing over to the summer course soon so will mainly be running on grass then.
  • Options
    Missed last weekend after having Covid, back at it yesterday at Oak Hill, over in East Barnet - very nice undulating course in a very nice park. 42 London parkruns done, (at least) 20 to go…
  • Options
    Missed last weekend after having Covid, back at it yesterday at Oak Hill, over in East Barnet - very nice undulating course in a very nice park. 42 London parkruns done, (at least) 20 to go…
    I went to see one of my regulars yesterday. 
    I thought I was doing well at 13….