Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Good luck @ForeverAddickted welcome to the Parkrun crew :-)

ive had a week away with no exercise, eating shite and drinking Guinness. Tomorrow is going to be hugely unenjoyable. 
    Do you do Danson mate?, the missus did it last week for the first time and I fancy a go too 
    No, have only ever done Avery Hill. Will get over there at some point but I really enjoy Avery Hill and it’s volunteers and not felt the urge to try elsewhere yet 
  • Options
    Slow, windy and very, very wet at Hilly Fields this morning. Still over 200 people there, though.
  • Options
    Didnt run today as the Great Lines has been taken over ready for the Fireworks tonight - Be out for a casual run this evening
  • Options
    At least six weeks away from being able to get back into running after a double hernia op....so I'm volunteering at Bexley/Danson in the morning...best behaviour in the funnel please, or I'll have to have a word :-)
  • Options
    Remembered im doing a 10k race Sunday week, And I've done hardly any training. Went for a run yesterday, and got a pb so all good. Looking forward to stretching my legs tomorrow, but it will probably be time to break out the lycra
  • Options
    Lovely morning on the south coast. Fitness coming back so happy with 22:35. Hope you all got on well. 
  • Options
    27.03. Not too bad... bit slippery and boggy in places
  • Options
    24:45 today

Missed the PB by 25secs - A little disappointed but wasnt even chasing a PB today after doing a 5mile training run last night
  • Options
    A slow old 38.23 slog around a muddy Hilly Fields, now on its winter course. Not exactly a classic, but job done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Got a 10k "race" tomorrow afternoon, so taking it easy. Still going to do the junior parkrun with my kids tomorrow, do I'll have a jog round with my youngest
  • Options
    Well done @McBobbin top effort
  • Options
    Run my slowest Parkrun for 8 months yesterday. Been working long hours and struggling to find exercise time or desire. 

Punished myself with a 2 1/2 mile run home and then another 5 miler today. Need to get some fitness back and sort out the diet again 
  • Options
    Well done @McBobbin top effort
    Thanks mate. Just need to keep up the momentum
  • Options
    Second weekend of volunteering at Danson...bloomin love it...got anther 5 or 6 weeks til I can consider running the course again, so will keep volunteering in the meantime...
  • Options
    Well well done for volunteering CC
  • Options
    Thanks for volunteering CC and for the words of encouragement to get me round lap 2.  Hope to see you this week too.
  • Options
    Around 24.10 at ally pally today, anyone else out there running before the match?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nah staying home these next two weeks due to the early KO - Missed it thats for sure this morning!!
  • Options
    An underwhelming 37.19 at Hilly Fields, but feel better for it... now off to the match!
  • Options
    I need to get back to this, feels like months since I’ve gone now 😬
  • Options
    27.15 not bad seeing as it was a mud bath. Pretty much surfed down a hill at one point
  • Options
    Popped my ParkRun cherry at Dartford Park this morning. 

Probably my only second “proper” run since VLM in 2013.

25.39 which is obviously a PRPB now.

Really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Really enjoyed it.
    How much running have you been doing prior to this run?

Nice time for sure!!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2019
    WSS said:

Really enjoyed it.
    How much running have you been doing prior to this run?

Nice time for sure!!
    Other than for the train and after my son, pretty much nothing.

Got my Apple Watch two weeks ago so had a couple of gentle 30 minute jogs since then, before this.

Can feel the bug coming back.
  • Options
    Back in the funnel at Bexley this morning...love it. Well done to all that got up and got round.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Looking for recommendations on what to use to listen to music when running.

i may be blessed with disappointing ear holes, but I just use standard iPhone ear phones and they’re forever falling out whilst running. I don’t trust the cordless ones for exactly the same reason so I reckon I need something (low to mid budget) that are either headphones, or are attached to the ear.

any thoughts / recommendations?