Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    Might have just done a Pb at Danson this morning.. 
  • Options
    razil said:
    Might have just done a Pb at Danson this morning.. 
    well done, Danson always seem pretty slow getting their results out. Avery Hill’s were out at 10.07 this morning
  • Options
    383 at Avery Hill this morning, third highest turnout for the Greenwich Parkrun
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Enjoyed it although miles off pb. Well worth getting out for bed for it on a day like today 
  • Options
    Was @Riviera there? He seems to be awol from here at the moment. Hope all is ok.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Was @Riviera there? He seems to be awol from here at the moment. Hope all is ok.
    Yes, though looking at the results he picked up his lads barcode instead!
  • Options
    I had a bit of an issue finding my new one this morning, it was fine the week before last, 5k cycle to the park, then the run, then cycle home (downhill) almost like my own triathlon as I was sweated through on the way home. But today, I got lost, just one wrong turn and I was done for, missed the start and then ended up in the middle of nowhere. Ended up doing about a 10-mile pootle on the bike before I got home. You’re right though it was a lovely morning and I was alcohol free too. Bit annoyed really...
  • Options
    Went for a 12k run on Thursday, and have completely done my foot in. I think it's tendonitis of some sort, but it's very painful. Hope it doesn't take too long to recover
  • Options
    36.04 at Hilly Fields, rubbish time but good fun as the course was run backwards for its seventh anniversary.

New parkrun opened at Westerham today, by the brewery: https://www.parkrun.org.uk/squerryeswinery/
  • Options
    Thought I’d smashed my 10k PB tonight only to find I was over a minute outside it :-(

probably the best ive felt running tonight, don’t know why but all my best runs tend to be on a Monday night 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All my best goals are in kickabouts...
  • Options
    Sun’s out, legs out

happy running people!
  • Options
    Yep no excuses for my poor performance today, I’m already at the muster point

• Options
    Foot is a better, but probably ought to rest it another week :(
  • Options
    Couldnt find one near Marmaris so on to the bech it was. 
  • Options
    I failed to get out in time for the local park run where I am (30 mins drive..!) Did 10k in the week though so dont feel too bad
  • Options
    Strava says I managed to get under 28 mins for the first time - also under 9mins for one of the miles so very happy. Nice course at Beeston, Nottingham. Very flat and goes alongside the canal and then the Trent. Good turnout and well organised - recommend it. 
  • Options
    Did Shorne Woods this morning - full of cold so didn't exactly put a shedload of effort into it, but it's a lovely course, if a little congested. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    First reasonably pain free walk for me this morning for 12 months.

Had a high volume cortizone and saline jab in the area around my right achilles on Thurs.  Having the left one done in a couple of weeks.

Achilles Tendinopathy is a bitch but managed a gentle 5.5 miles this morning through Petts Wood and Orpington.  A million miles away from running a casual 15-16 miles for fun on a random Tuesday night where I was 3 years ago but I'm just glad to get some fresh air tbh.
    Fantastic to read. 

I managed my forst 5k in months on Thursday. Slowest I've ever done but been out for 3 months and physio continues
  • Options
    Did Shorne Woods this morning - full of cold so didn't exactly put a shedload of effort into it, but it's a lovely course, if a little congested. 
    I ran there 6 years ago when there were less than 60 runners. a gorgeous course but I can imagine it really struggles with the 300 they can get now
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Yep no excuses for my poor performance today, I’m already at the muster point

if it's anything like it used to be there you'll still be waiting for the run briefing to start about now
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Hehe, started on time today but the results email takes an age....
    Edit: And when it comes it tells me I have a PB, yay for me I thought as it didn’t feel like I’d done a PB-turns out it means a PB on my new course, on only the second time I’ve run it so basically telling me I was marginally faster than 3-weeks ago but still a good 2-minutes off my actual PB.....grrrrr thunder stealing....
  • Options
    For those interested, Greenwich Parkrun (Avery Hill Park) have volunteer bib wearing pacers running through the minutes from 23 to 34 mins tomorrow if that would be a help to anyone.

hopefully see a few peeps in the morning
  • Options
    Argh, full of cold, knackered, body aches like hell and just turned down a McDonalds brekkie (guilty pleasure) just so I can jog round a field. 

Good of luck to any of you chasing PBs this morning, looks the perfect morning for it. 
  • Options
    Westerham for me today - right by the brewery. Nice setting and pretty flat I think. Not getting to the game later as we’re soundchecking at 5. Thanks to the Lifers who have been in touch about the gig at the 100 club tonight. Looking forward to celebrating our victory against Fair Play Leeds with you all! 
  • Options
    26.52 for me, I like having the pacers, Mr 27 shirt was in my sights!
  • Options
    Was just over a minute outside last week, but took it steadier and just enjoyed the surroundings and was pleased with myself for turning out. Could easy if sacked it off this morning.

356 at Avery Hill this morning, quickest 17.29, slowest 52.39 with just above that what looks like an Over 80 husband and wife. Amazing