Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Wigan | Tue 12 Sept

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Did I hear a few boos at half time?

Bizarre if so

Sadly you did... Really hope that was to the Ref yet to be fair he's not done a lot wrong either
    Yeah I hope it was for the referee too. With the benefit of watching it back about five times I think Burn colided with Magennis after JFC's shot came off the bar. Wasn't a huge amount of contact but enough to put Magennis off. Probably should have been a pen but to be fair a tough one for the referee. Still, hope the boos were for him (ref) and not the team given we were a point off top coming in to tonight playing against a very good team.
    Interesting!!... Didnt see the contact myself but then again am at the other end of the East Stand, wasnt surprised he missed that header as he just looked off balance to me.

Wigan have never won at the Valley so its far from over
  • Options

Player sent off for Gillingham.
    Can't play Saturday

Lee Martin
  • Options
    Impressed by Wigan - not giving us any time on the ball. They've had plenty of chances.

We need to take ours as we're under a lot of pressure and can see them creating more in the second half.

A reality check.
  • Options
    3:40am... come on, you owe me one...
  • Options

The team that scored first in every league game we've played has gone on to win the match.

Time for that to change
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

It looks very nice, right?

I know I'm about to be whooshed, but that can't be the tagine.
  • Options
    By full time we'll have a much better idea of what this team is made of.

With Holmes in the side there's always hope.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Welling 1 0 up at home to Whitehawk.

Is that all? They were 6 down at HT last Saturday
  • Options
    A very respectable crossbar attempt that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Welling 1 0 up at home to Whitehawk.

Is that all? They were 6 down on HT last Saturday
    Welling have had a load of chances, although to be fair Whitehawk have had a couple themselves.
  • Options
    We've just been a bit wasteful with some of our passing. I expect Robinson will have a word about that in the dressing room and put it right and the home crowd could be worth a second half winning goal if the team come out and have a go.
  • Options
    Wigan will be there or thereabouts in May irrespective of tonight.

Good gauge for where we are.
  • Options
    Need to up the tempo second half, hopefully KR put a rocket up them at HT. COYR
  • Options
    And we are back on...

Wigan to kick off. Rain is pouring down.
  • Options
    JFC has it, forward, but they get it. Powell goes long and Bauer intervenes, Powell to Grigg... shoots... SAVED. Corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

Did I hear a few boos at half time?

Bizarre if so

Sadly you did... Really hope that was to the Ref yet to be fair he's not done a lot wrong either
    Yeah I hope it was for the referee too. With the benefit of watching it back about five times I think Burn colided with Magennis after JFC's shot came off the bar. Wasn't a huge amount of contact but enough to put Magennis off. Probably should have been a pen but to be fair a tough one for the referee. Still, hope the boos were for him (ref) and not the team given we were a point off top coming in to tonight playing against a very good team.
    Interesting!!... Didnt see the contact myself but then again am at the other end of the East Stand, wasnt surprised he missed that header as he just looked off balance to me.

Wigan have never won at the Valley so its far from over
    Wasn't much in it but pretty sure there was contact. It looked like it was right in the middle of the back, right above the curve where when your get hit there it's really awkward and you tense up immediately.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

And we are back on...

Get the game abandoned.....unless we can score twice
  • Options
    Ref holds it up to talk to someone. Evans takes the corner. In it comes, punched by Amos. Morsy gets it, to Massey, beats Clarke, shoots, Amos palms away.
  • Options
    Another corner. Evans goes short to Byrne, into the box, Fosu closes down and another corner. Evans drills it in, hits a Wigan player, goes out, another corner!?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

And we are back on...

They must feel at home.
  • Options
    Evans takes his fourth corner in two minutes. And it's just as poor as the rest. We clear. They try again cross is cleared, Poweel is blocked, and they get it back yet again. Evans to Byrne, he whips it in, Powell flicks it on, they cross again, Bauer heads again, Clarke tries to get it... we finally have a throw.
  • Options
    Spandau........I don't need this pressure on!
  • Options
    We clear, they get it back, and then we foul them. Really struggling to get into this one.
  • Options
    Byrne to Powell, nice flick to Massey, into the box, Pearce does well, it's another corner.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!