Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Wigan | Tue 12 Sept

Comments

• Options
    Its fine we have a lot of attacking depth on the bench.
  • Options
    Been quite a bad first half. Wigan deserve the lead on balance.
  • Options
    Player sent off for Gillingham.
    Can't play Saturday
  • Options
    Wouldnt say its a deserved lead... Weve had our own chances to take the lead and other than the goal Wigan havent really done much with the ball.

They are quicker though and closing down a lot more than us, that tweet is right we need to raise the tempo!!
  • Options
    Time for Robbo to show his mettle, chaps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It looks very nice, right?
  • Options
    Thought we were pretty good between minutes 5 and 35 but that goal was coming for a good few minutes before it did.

A good standard though, better than a lot of what we saw in the Championship.
  • Options

Did I hear a few boos at half time?

Bizarre if so

Sadly you did... Really hope that was to the Ref yet to be fair he's not done a lot wrong either
  • Options
    The Valley crowd give the Addicks a rousing rallying cry as they leave the field for the break! #cafc
  • Options
    I can't cook anything else without causing offence. So my dinner is now this.
  • Options
    First game of season for me. Same old shit - feels no different like I have never been away!
  • Options
    Damn! time to regroup and come out looking for a early equaliser second half.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    My first league game of the season tonight, my birthday tomorrow, of course we are going to lose
  • Options

First game of season for me. Same old shit - feels no different like I have never been away!

Even if we lose... thank god a season isnt decided on just one defeat in September ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Boos for the ref. Holmes had his haired pulled quite cynically shortly before their goal. Ref is pretty poor. We have let them in too easily down the left on numerous occasions and they could have easily had two goals in the first 4 minutes. JFC unlucky and Josh should have headed into an open net.

Clarke is getting very wound up by their number 5 and I can see him getting sent off if he keeps reacting.

Best team we've played so far easily. Their number 17 looks very good, Jacobs I think
  • Options

Boos for the ref. Holmes had his haired pulled quite cynically shortly before their goal. Ref is pretty poor. We have let them in too easily down the left on numerous occasions and they could have easily had two goals in the first 4 minutes. JFC unlucky and Josh should have headed into an open net.

Clarke is getting very wound up by their number 5 and I can see him getting sent off if he keeps reacting.

Best time am we've played so far easily. Their number 17 looks very good, Jacobs I think

Didnt help that Holmes sold himself right before the goal, so glad he didnt make contact with that sliding tackle as would have been nasty... Left Solly out numbered
  • Options

Did I hear a few boos at half time?

Bizarre if so

Sadly you did... Really hope that was to the Ref yet to be fair he's not done a lot wrong either
    Yeah I hope it was for the referee too. With the benefit of watching it back about five times I think Burn colided with Magennis after JFC's shot came off the bar. Wasn't a huge amount of contact but enough to put Magennis off. Probably should have been a pen but to be fair a tough one for the referee. Still, hope the boos were for him (ref) and not the team given we were a point off top coming in to tonight playing against a very good team.
  • Options
    The team that scored first in every league game we've played has gone on to win the match.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

It looks very nice, right?

JiMMy 85 said:

I can't cook anything else without causing offence. So my dinner is now this.

I think you made the right choice @JiMMy 85 ,not sure on the look of that Tagine. No chance of you getting a sneaky takeaway for the second half
  • Options
    Charlton have been too slow so far, both in player movement and passing. Wigan have looked much more lively.

Wherever the ball is Wigan seem to have a couple of spare players ... have they got more than 11 on the pitch?!
  • Options
    Definitely need to step it up a bit but we haven't been all that bad, I think a draw would be a fair score so far. They haven't deserved to be ahead.
  • Options
    Wigan look better than us at the moment. We need to up the tempo.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!