Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Umerah joins Wycombe on loan

13»

Comments


  • Good spot, Killer. I hadn't seen Millwall were 19th on 1st October 2016 - and yet, were promoted.

    Yep, all to play for.

  • Oggy Red said:





    ^12 Championship players but we are 6/7th and 9 behind Shrewsbury.

    Compare with Sheff Utd at this same stage last season.

    They'd already lost 3 games and had just snatched a last-gasp 95th minute equaliser at Fleetwood.
    Position 4th, 18 points - 6 points behind the leaders.

    Without that equaliser, they would have been 6th.
    And they didn't have a game in hand.

    At one stage that October, League leaders Scunthorpe were 5 points clear, but eventually struggled to make the play-offs after an alarming drop in form.

    All to play for.
    OGGY........IS............. BACK

    image

  • Sorry I've been such a gloomy old git lately, Dazzler.
    I've been looking for that pair of windows everywhere.
  • http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15592247.Robinson_admits_Charlton_loanee_could_solve_striker_shortage_in_January/

    When asked if Umerah could compete with star striker Josh Magennis in the second half of the season, Robinson said: “Yeah, if he keeps scoring goals, if he’s up there with the leading goalscorers in League Two, we’d be stupid not to [use him].
  • I feel bad about thinking it, but I can't see Shrewsbury maintaining their form.
  • Scoham said:

    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15592247.Robinson_admits_Charlton_loanee_could_solve_striker_shortage_in_January/

    When asked if Umerah could compete with star striker Josh Magennis in the second half of the season, Robinson said: “Yeah, if he keeps scoring goals, if he’s up there with the leading goalscorers in League Two, we’d be stupid not to [use him].

    I think that's the right thing to say about both Umerah and Hanlan. If both continue their form of 1 in 2 or maybe even 1 in 3 then yeah, we should bring them back and maybe give them a couple weeks in January to see what they look like in training. I'm not convinced either of them are well rounded enough or mature enough to play up fron on their own in our system at what will hopefully be a promotion chasing side.

    But if nothing else, I think you have to say that. You have to give the players a carrot and basically say "look, make me make a decision on you."

    THAT SAID, we lose Dodoo in January I believe. I can't see Hanlan and Umerah both being up to it, so even if we bring one back we're still one short.
  • SDAddick said:

    Scoham said:

    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15592247.Robinson_admits_Charlton_loanee_could_solve_striker_shortage_in_January/

    When asked if Umerah could compete with star striker Josh Magennis in the second half of the season, Robinson said: “Yeah, if he keeps scoring goals, if he’s up there with the leading goalscorers in League Two, we’d be stupid not to [use him].

    I think that's the right thing to say about both Umerah and Hanlan. If both continue their form of 1 in 2 or maybe even 1 in 3 then yeah, we should bring them back and maybe give them a couple weeks in January to see what they look like in training. I'm not convinced either of them are well rounded enough or mature enough to play up fron on their own in our system at what will hopefully be a promotion chasing side.

    But if nothing else, I think you have to say that. You have to give the players a carrot and basically say "look, make me make a decision on you."

    THAT SAID, we lose Dodoo in January I believe. I can't see Hanlan and Umerah both being up to it, so even if we bring one back we're still one short.
    Both are better than Dodoo
  • SDAddick said:

    Scoham said:

    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15592247.Robinson_admits_Charlton_loanee_could_solve_striker_shortage_in_January/

    When asked if Umerah could compete with star striker Josh Magennis in the second half of the season, Robinson said: “Yeah, if he keeps scoring goals, if he’s up there with the leading goalscorers in League Two, we’d be stupid not to [use him].

    I think that's the right thing to say about both Umerah and Hanlan. If both continue their form of 1 in 2 or maybe even 1 in 3 then yeah, we should bring them back and maybe give them a couple weeks in January to see what they look like in training. I'm not convinced either of them are well rounded enough or mature enough to play up fron on their own in our system at what will hopefully be a promotion chasing side.

    But if nothing else, I think you have to say that. You have to give the players a carrot and basically say "look, make me make a decision on you."

    THAT SAID, we lose Dodoo in January I believe. I can't see Hanlan and Umerah both being up to it, so even if we bring one back we're still one short.
    Both are better than Dodoo
    Having never seen either play live, you're right; they are better than Dodoo
  • Scored two for Borehamwood yesterday.
  • Scored two for Borehamwood yesterday.

    Who did?
  • Sponsored links:


  • Unless he comes back in January after scoring plenty of goals I can’t see him making it here. One of those that may have to move on, step down a league or two and try to work his way back up.
  • Scoham said:

    Unless he comes back in January after scoring plenty of goals I can’t see him making it here. One of those that may have to move on, step down a league or two and try to work his way back up.

    Possibly, but we have Piggott, Hanlan and Michael Smith scoring at this level or above having been deemed not good enough.
  • Another winning goal this afternoon at Maidstone
  • Glad to hear, I have to say that out the two I would have kept Hanlan, although I haven't seen much of Umerah. My opinion was also influenced by an opinion of a regular Bromley watch and the fact Josh has had injury problems.
  • Does make me laugh how fickle fans are. We dismiss players in an instant as not good enough, should be released. We then kick up a huge fuss when one of our better players wants to leave to go to a bigger club.

    (I include myself in this btw!)
  • Glad to hear, I have to say that out the two I would have kept Hanlan, although I haven't seen much of Umerah. My opinion was also influenced by an opinion of a regular Bromley watch and the fact Josh has had injury problems.

    Hanlan also offers a certain amount of physicality which is in relatively short supply in our squad
  • Steve Lovell, Gillingham manager, speaks very highly of Hanlan and he was a striker himself in his playing days.

    I wonder whether he would have coached him when he was at The Valley helping out with the youth teams?
  • Sponsored links:


  • Scores today v Maidenhead
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!