Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Incredible talent or lying about his age?

13»

Comments

• Options

MrOneLung said:

We had a Nigerian join us at primary school in Dartford and when we had cricket practice he broke a stump with one of his deliveries

Had similar in the t wells area, an Afghan kid came over during the war there, bowled around 80mph and was only officially 12/13 years old but iirc already had stubble. Was ridiculously rapid but no way was he as young as that.
    I think I met him a couple of times he looked like he was 18
  • Options

This is ridiculous but some of these African lads can be absolutely massive for their age.

There is a young Sudanese who plays against my son in Under-11s and he is virtually six feet tall - the rest of the players don't even reach his upper chest height wise.

Not forgetting the young 'Rodzilla' - AKA Rod Blake - who played for the Wallabies in the front-row.

At aged 15 young Rod was 6' 3" tall and weighed in at a modest 150Kgs, fuck knows where they bought his school uniforms.

Along the same lines, Billy Vunipola's school photos are brilliant:

First three pictures he's got the expression of someone who thinks they'll be caught out any minute

The last picture is disbelief that he still hadnt been caught out for his age
  • Options

Henry Thomas from Honduras (ex-Wigan) at 28

He looks older than the other geezer!
    He would. He's 28 and the other geezer is 12
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Henry Thomas from Honduras (ex-Wigan) at 28

He looks older than the other geezer!
    He would. He's 28 and the other geezer is 12
    You f***** me there!
  • Options
    I remember playing kid's football and we would always point out the kids in the other team that we thought were much older than us.
    "That kid's never under 14, must be at least 17", they're bloody cheating". Dad's would start arguing with opposition Dad's, some sort of aggro about ages at most games.

Years later, Vets Football, "That geezers never 40, can't be more than 35". No support from our kids, just thought we were moaning.

Now it's "That bloke's never 65, cheating bastards". Grandkids don't even watch.