Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Biggin Hill Airshow

2»

Comments

• Options

Why have the Memorial Flights been grounded?

Because someone used the wrong oil...... allegedly
  • Options
    spitefires still flying over the bungalow Friday,Saturday morning
  • Options

I can't believe I've never been to this before, for whatever reason, any lifers veterans who have been Year in year out, welcome to hear any tips, i.e. What time to get there, how long does it go on, is it the same kinda stuff happening on Saturday/ Sunday?

Obviously a bit late now, but here's a link anyway

http://www.military-airshows.co.uk/ven10
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The view of a complete novice who, sadly, would not know a Hurricane from a Spit etc...

Fab day today, wonderful planes, great show, loads for the kids and traffic bad but not enough to put me off in future.

The Tornado came over and I just loved the roar of its engine what a huge and fantastic noise. Amazingly my 2 yr old took that moment to fall asleep! To see the Red Arrows and the French equivalent was an absolute joy.

I will definitely be returning.
  • Options
    Glad to hear the Biggin Hill airshow is still going after the airfield owners binned it a few years back. Haven't been there since 2001 when 3 pilots were killed over the weekend of the show. I used to be an avid airshow fan but seen too many crashes and pilots killed. Had to stop going, found myself always stressing about what could go wrong rather than enjoying the flying.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Missed It said:

Glad to hear the Biggin Hill airshow is still going after the airfield owners binned it a few years back. Haven't been there since 2001 when 3 pilots were killed over the weekend of the show. I used to be an avid airshow fan but seen too many crashes and pilots killed. Had to stop going, found myself always stressing about what could go wrong rather than enjoying the flying.

That was the last time I went too, remember the Sunday’s accident all too well and still see my video footage of it online sometimes (annoyingly, I gave it to the CAA that day and it appeared someone leaked it, sigh).

But still, airshows can be fantastic days out and it makes me happy to see there’s a few aviation geeks on here. If anyone’s near Surrey sometime, pop by Brooklands Museum and see the aircraft and cars there, and you might even see myself there as I help look after their Concorde!
  • Options

Missed It said:

That was the last time I went too, remember the Sunday’s accident all too well and still see my video footage of it online sometimes (annoyingly, I gave it to the CAA that day and it appeared someone leaked it, sigh).

But still, airshows can be fantastic days out and it makes me happy to see there’s a few aviation geeks on here. If anyone’s near Surrey sometime, pop by Brooklands Museum and see the aircraft and cars there, and you might even see myself there as I help look after their Concorde!
    Brooklands is great, was there the other week for the big classic car show. Nice to see the finishing straight has been opened up again after the hangar was moved.

Sad that most of the track is now derelict or built on.
  • Options

The view of a complete novice who, sadly, would not know a Hurricane from a Spit etc...

Fab day today, wonderful planes, great show, loads for the kids and traffic bad but not enough to put me off in future.

The Tornado came over and I just loved the roar of its engine what a huge and fantastic noise. Amazingly my 2 yr old took that moment to fall asleep! To see the Red Arrows and the French equivalent was an absolute joy.

I will definitely be returning.

Was there on Saturday, tornado was a nice surprise as it was only listed to fly on Sunday
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Was going to go to our local one in Herne Bay today but we'd told my daughter she needed to be good to be able to go.

She' been a terror all week so we carried out the threat and said we weren't going - cue most of the planes flying low directly over our garden, and we could see the Red Arrowsmpke display so she got to see them anyway!

Red Arrows looked brilliant as always.

I live in Herne Bay - watched from Beacon Hill. Great day out. Typhoon was the highlight again. Thought last year was better - long intervals this year between displays. The aerosparx display in the dark was incredible.
  • Options
    Terrific Sunday at Biggin Hill. Bus there and back not too bad. Arrived 10.30 and plenty to do - went in the Red Arrows simulator, bought some stuff, ate churros. Sat and watched the flying from 12.45 until 5 without much issue, and with a couple of pints. Enjoyed the WW2 and newer jets best (Tornado, Typhoon, F16). Good spread of flying though from WW1 to wingwalkers to Spitfires to Red Arrows etc. Fun day and not too expensive!