Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vote for Your Top Five All Time Favourite Music Albums

123457»

Comments

• Options
    What slightly put meoff the sex pistols was my mother coming home with 'god save the queen' and telling me how good it was.

I was 22 at the time and my mum mid forties!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

What slightly put meoff the sex pistols was my mother coming home with 'god save the queen' and telling me how good it was.

I was 22 at the time and my mum mid forties!

Serves you right for still living at home then. :-)

• Options
    Absolution - Muse (though it's impossible to choose between their first 4)
    Rated R - Queens of the Stone Age
    Nevermind - Nirvana
    Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Take To The Skies - Enter Shikari

Honourable Mentions
    A Weekend In The City - Bloc Party
    The Queen Is Dead - The Smiths
    Shallow Grave - The Tallest Man On Earth
    Mutter - Rammstein
    Baby 81 - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    In Rainbows - Radiohead
  • Options
    I don't like all this retrospection about the Sex Pistols. People just make up stories to fit in with their world view. The truth is that 'The Pistols' didn't even exist until after 2008 when soy sauce manufacturer Dairy Crest hired American crooner John Lydon to don a tweed suit and advertise Country Life Butter. Lydon was so convincing as an English country toff that in the heady summer of 2009 the milk marketing board paired Lydon up with Rich Kids bassist Glen Matlock and Fantasy 7 uke man Steve Jones to perform a string of comedy skits promoting other dairy products. The Sex Pistols were born. As turned out (or should I say churned out) God Save the Cream, My Whey and E.M.I.L.K proved unsuccessful in promoting congealed cow products, but put into the hands of tartan clad musical genius Malcolm McLaren all was not lost. McLaren, personal friend of Vivienne Westwood and stock manager of Marks & Spencer's Kings Road store, re-wrote the songs with edgier lyrics and introduced the band to Jah Wobble and Annabella Lwin. The rest is history.

The legacy of this group is quite astonishing. Lydon went on to become the worlds most respected wildlife presenter when he was almost stung to death by mosquitoes filming the epic Mega Bugs Series. Steve Jones soared to TV fame hosting ITV's Pyramid Game whilst Glen Matlock had a Derbyshire town named after him. Most astoundingly of all though, Vivienne Westwood even managed to convince some people that she was a fashion designer and wasn't just famous for being famous. Sadly for Country Life though, their early successes were not sustained and the butter now finds itself at third place in the renowned Google popularity stakes behind a poncey magazine for wannabe yuppies and and the UK Dyslexic Association's 2012 review of John Craven's farming based tv programme.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I don't like all this retrospection about the Sex Pistols. People just make up stories to fit in with their world view. The truth is that 'The Pistols' didn't even exist until after 2008 when soy sauce manufacturer Dairy Crest hired American crooner John Lydon to don a tweed suit and advertise Country Life Butter. Lydon was so convincing as an English country toff that in the heady summer of 2009 the milk marketing board paired Lydon up with Rich Kids bassist Glen Matlock and Fantasy 7 uke man Steve Jones to perform a string of comedy skits promoting other dairy products. The Sex Pistols were born. As turned out (or should I say churned out) God Save the Cream, My Whey and E.M.I.L.K proved unsuccessful in promoting congealed cow products, but put into the hands of tartan clad musical genius Malcolm McLaren all was not lost. McLaren, personal friend of Vivienne Westwood and stock manager of Marks & Spencer's Kings Road store, re-wrote the songs with edgier lyrics and introduced the band to Jah Wobble and Annabella Lwin. The rest is history.

The legacy of this group is quite astonishing. Lydon went on to become the worlds most respected wildlife presenter when he was almost stung to death by mosquitoes filming the epic Mega Bugs Series. Steve Jones soared to TV fame hosting ITV's Pyramid Game whilst Glen Matlock had a Derbyshire town named after him. Most astoundingly of all though, Vivienne Westwood even managed to convince some people that she was a fashion designer and wasn't just famous for being famous. Sadly for Country Life though, their early successes were not sustained and the butter now finds itself at third place in the renowned Google popularity stakes behind a poncey magazine for wannabe yuppies and and the UK Dyslexic Association's 2012 review of John Craven's farming based tv programme.

That's bollocks.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Stig said:

That's bollocks.
    Never mind the bollocks. That's the Sex Pistols.