Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IAAF World Championships London 2017

Comments

• gutted for Mo but he's a class act going round and doing pics and autographs all the way round after that loss ,fair play he's a gent
  • Took me a few seconds to remember who that was with Linford Christie in the selfie. Showing my age, lol!
  • LenGlover said:

No dairy tale ending for Mo but a worthy silver to bow out on

Indeed. He couldn't milk it....
    Actually his track farewell is in the Muller grand prix in Birmingham!
  • We get a Silver in women's 4x100m but I think I last leg lady stepped outside her lane , so could be disqualified aaaaaah
    Commentators ignored it !
  • We get a Silver in women's 4x100m but I think I last leg lady stepped outside her lane , so could be disqualified aaaaaah
    Commentators ignored it !

I thought that too and Germany have put in a challenge over something...
  • Yep Germany will get the bronze when we're disqualified
  • Are they just going to ignore that the British girl on the 3rd changeover stepped outside of the lane?

Germans have put in a complaint so might have to hope they don't see it as obstruction...
  • Glad you all said that as I spotted it and thought the same.
  • Holy shit
  • Sponsored links:

• What a win for the relay guys. Brilliant

• Gold for GB!!!

what a run, gold for Dartford Grammar's Adam Gemili
  • Great relay race run by team GB beating the US too.
  • Wow, brilliant
  • Would love to see the 100m split times.

Must've been massive personal bests for them all.
  • Brilliant !
  • Wow, brilliant win. Gutted that Bolt went out injured but to put in the 3rd fastest time in history is quite fantastic. Well done lads, let's hope the girls keep that Silver too!
  • edited August 2017

GB didn't get an advantage as it was on the outside, it's whether she hampered the girl in the other lane.
  • First of all, congrats GB&I, a perfectly executed 4x100.

But, Bolt - limping over the line in a cool runnings stylee. Class, you cannot buy that!
  • edited August 2017

GB didn't get an advantage as it was on the outside, it whether she hamper the girl in the other lane.
    It's all about the baton
  • Sponsored links:

• I cant see how its impeeded the Germans as they havent got there yet, but I wouldnt be suprised if theres a disqualification.
  • Wow, brilliant

Were you there tonight mate?
  • Any news on the women's? Wouldn't thought any DQ would be announced by now.
  • you cannot be disqualified for stepping outside of your lane. any disqualification would have to involve gaining a material advantage which clearly didn't happen or impeding another athlete, which didn't look to have happened although I did worry on first viewing
  • RedPanda said:

I haven't watched athletics in years and my commentary is in German. If that non affiliated high jumper wins, what anthem is played? Cheers.

you've probably already seen it but the IAAF have an anthem

• rina said:

you cannot be disqualified for stepping outside of your lane. any disqualification would have to involve gaining a material advantage which clearly didn't happen or impeding another athlete, which didn't look to have happened although I did worry on first viewing

Are all the athletics experts not going to correct you on this ?
  • Wow, brilliant

Were you there tonight mate?
    No, only had the morning session.

I know athletics is not everyone's cup of tea but I don't know of another sport that can provide so much excitement than can be generated in the final few seconds of a race.

Relays are great because it doesn't simply boil down to who has the fastest runners and there are so many variables
  • rina said:

you cannot be disqualified for stepping outside of your lane. any disqualification would have to involve gaining a material advantage which clearly didn't happen or impeding another athlete, which didn't look to have happened although I did worry on first viewing

Are all the athletics experts not going to correct you on this ?
    I wouldn't have thought so seeing as I'm involved with athletics and probably know the rule book a lot better than any of the tv experts
  • The relevant rule is-

Lane Infringement
    (3) (a) In all races run in lanes, each athlete shall keep within his allocated lane from start to finish. This shall also apply to any portion of a race run in lanes.
    (b) In all races (or any part of races) not run in lanes, an athlete running on a bend, on the outer half of the track as per Rule 162.10, or on any curved part of the diversion from the track for the steeplechase water jump, shall not step or run on or inside the kerb or line marking the applicable border (the inside of the track, the outer half of the track, or any curved part of the diversion from the track for the steeplechase water jump).
    Except as stated in Rule 163.4, if the Referee is satisfied, on the report of a Judge or Umpire or otherwise, that an athlete has infringed this Rule, he shall be disqualified.
    (4) An athlete shall not be disqualified if he
    (a) is pushed or forced by another person to step or run outside his lane
    or on or inside the kerb or line marking the applicable border, or
    (b) steps or runs outside his lane in the straight, any straight part of the diversion from the track for the steeplechase water jump or outside
    the outer line of his lane on the bend,
    with no material advantage thereby being gained and no other athlete being jostled or obstructed so as to impede his progress.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!