Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IAAF World Championships London 2017

Comments

• Options
    Amazing run from Almaz Ayana in the women's 10,000m

Lapped half the field and finished nearly a minute ahead of the second placed finisher... Great run from her
  • Options

Amazing run from Almaz Ayana in the women's 10,000m

Lapped half the field and finished nearly a minute ahead of the second placed finisher... Great run from her

It's a little hard not to be a touch skeptical. That is her first race of the year, Ethiopia has no out of competition testing, ergo she has not been tested in the last year
  • Options
    Come on Usain...
  • Options
    Bolt 3rd
  • Options
    Bollocks
  • Options
    Gatlin

Who would have thought

Bad start from bolt
  • Options
    I know of Gatlains past with drugs but didnt deserve the booing when he won, as bad as the French when they booed Froome in the TdF.

This is Sport there never will be guarantees and regardless Gatlain gave an instant great tribute to Bolt the moment he won
  • Options

Bollocks

Agreed
  • Options
    never seen a winner shush the crowd, like an unpopular player scoring in an away game!
  • Options
    Didn't see that coming. I thought that Coleman could beat Bolt but not Gatlin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know of Gatlains past with drugs but didnt deserve the booing when he won, as bad as the French when they booed Froome in the TdF.

This is Sport there never will be guarantees and regardless Gatlain gave an instant great tribute to Bolt the moment he won

but still a big pity for Bolt .. always the greatest seem to go a race/bout/game too far .. Bolt ? .. we'll probably never see the like again .. happy retirement Usain ..
  • Options

never seen a winner shush the crowd, like an unpopular player scoring in an away game!

Deserved reaction though.

He was the pantomine villain from the beginning so what a way to shut everyone up
  • Options
    The Big Man can still get a gold if the Jamaicans get into the 4 x 100m final.

Think that would mean a lot to him & the thousands that paid to see him run in this Champs.
  • Options

but still a big pity for Bolt .. always the greatest seem to go a race/bout/game too far .. Bolt ? .. we'll probably never see the like again .. happy retirement Usain ..
    Yeah huge pity for Bolt but its the greatest stage for others and no one would have sacrificed their chances of Gold to give it to him on a plate when they might never get another chance themselves.

Huge credit to Bolt too though, he didnt need to race here at the World Championships and has entered knowing he was giving his rivals a huge opportunity to beat him, he's almost bowed out in the same way that Klitschko did against Joshua
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The booing in the stadium was unbelievable, especially after Catlin was announced as the winner. Great atmosphere around me and kids with Jamaican flags and not Union Jack's. Shows how Bolt is a icon and a legend of sport.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to admit that I booed Gatlin last night in the heats ...

....but I had it on very good authority that certain GB gold medallists were "taking illegal substances " back in the 80s/90s , which I'm sure will not surprise Lifers interested in track & field over the years.

A guy we met in La, '84 & stayed friends with for several years after was a good pal of an ex GB discus thrower, both being in the police force .

Said athlete spoke of the 2 medallists "escaping" out of the window at the warm weather Training Ground in Tenerife when they were tipped off that the drug testers were on their way.

Maybe we make allowances for our own athletes or maybe we pretend to be hard of hearing...
  • Options

Have to admit that I booed Gatlin last night in the heats ...

....but I had it on very good authority that certain GB gold medallists were "taking illegal substances " back in the 80s/90s , which I'm sure will not surprise Lifers interested in track & field over the years.

A guy we met in La, '84 & stayed friends with for several years after was a good pal of an ex GB discus thrower, both being in the police force .

Said athlete spoke of the 2 medallists "escaping" out of the window at the warm weather Training Ground in Tenerife when they were tipped off that the drug testers were on their way.

Maybe we make allowances for our own athletes or maybe we pretend to be hard of hearing...

Hmmm if fact then fair enough

However...

this is the "fastest man in the world" competition - very different.

The blue riband event of every Olympic or world championships

To get caught once - to do it again...

He should never have been there tonight imo

To shush the crowd? - well he would have gone up in my books if he had just taken the win graciously

Anyways - Good bye Bolt - how many great memories has he given us?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Picture highlights what a poor start Bolt made.
  • Options
    This picture is better.
  • Options
    You was there? @IT_Andy

Looked great atmosphere?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    BR3red said:

You was there? @IT_Andy

Looked great atmosphere?

Yep got my ticket last year. Paid a fortune (£155) for the ticket and took a gamble that Bolt would run the 100m and not the 200m as predicted.
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:

BR3red said:

You was there? @IT_Andy

Looked great atmosphere?

Yep got my ticket last year. Paid a fortune for the ticket and took a gamble that Bolt would run the 100m and not the 200m as predicted.
    You had a great seat!
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:

BR3red said:

You was there? @IT_Andy

Looked great atmosphere?

Yep got my ticket last year. Paid a fortune for the ticket and took a gamble that Bolt would run the 100m and not the 200m as predicted.
    We bought 4 category B tickets for last night & next Weds @ £75 each. No concessions for seniors or children for that price on either night.

Had seats opposite the medal podium across the infield so not great for the 100m heats but only 12 rows from the track with clear views of the long jump pit, discus circle etc.

Grandson & his friend were close enough to sprint down the aisle to get good pics of Mo & his family when they did the lap of honour.
  • Options

IT_Andy said:

BR3red said:

You was there? @IT_Andy

Looked great atmosphere?

We bought 4 category B tickets for last night & next Weds @ £75 each. No concessions for seniors or children for that price on either night.

Had seats opposite the medal podium across the infield so not great for the 100m heats but only 12 rows from the track with clear views of the long jump pit, discus circle etc.

Grandson & his friend were close enough to sprint down the aisle to get good pics of Mo & his family when they did the lap of honour.
    Got Cat B tickets for next Thursday. Had hoped to see Gemili in the 200m but not to be. I think I'll be next to the triple jump pit, which was one of my considerations too
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!