Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2017/18 Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    fancy welling to tomorrow at 7/4
  • Options
    Regan Charles cook 10-1 anytime goalscorer tonight. Worth a punt?
  • Options

I'm £25, but then I honestly don't think iv ever won on the free bet !

Actually made a very small profit £25 over 2.5 at 4/9 and an in play Liverpool win at 6/5 for £25.
  • Options
    Can't play this competition but, small stake interest.

Forest Green
    Charlton
    MK Dons

Win an both teams to score £5 treble.
  • Options
    Was to greedy with the ForestGreen, Charlton, MkDons if I'd gone straight win would have still paid over 10/1.

Today
    Orient
    Wycombe
    Chelmsford. £40 treble.

Scunthorpe
    Charlton. £18 double. £5 all 5
  • Options
    Charlton
    m'boro
    Villa

7/1
  • Options
    Next week @cblock ?
  • Options
    Paddy power offering 10-1 on Joe Gomez making the England squad for Russia. Not great odds really but I think he's an outside shout.
  • Options
    Would need to be at least double that to even tempt me.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Paddy power offering 10-1 on Joe Gomez making the England squad for Russia. Not great odds really but I think he's an outside shout.

He needs to get a run of games (as in first team place) at Liverpool first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody chelmsford
  • Options
    Al
    IdleHans said:

Bloody chelmsford

They were the only ones to let me down this weekend as well
  • Options
    Don't know if you lot have ever done this, but my mates and I have all decided to chip in a fiver each week, and take turns on placing a treble and an Acca for example

there's 10 of us so we might put £40 on a treble, then £10 on another bet. Had our first win on sat and got £220 off a £10 bet.

We're gonna save all the winnings up over the season, and dependent on how much we end up on, could be a lads holiday or a night out

• Options
    cabbles said:

Don't know if you lot have ever done this, but my mates and I have all decided to chip in a fiver each week, and take turns on placing a treble and an Acca for example

there's 10 of us so we might put £40 on a treble, then £10 on another bet. Had our first win on sat and got £220 off a £10 bet.

We're gonna save all the winnings up over the season, and dependent on how much we end up on, could be a lads holiday or a night out

Or a visit to the building society to dip into the savings to make up for losses :smiley:
  • Options
    Used to do similar with some old work colleagues. Most years we came out around even or down a bit, only one year did we make a really good profit. Good luck!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

We have been doing this for years we have about 4 different syndicates in my group and the money won is put in kitty and divided up in May when we go on boys trip to Benidorm. Overall we usually do quite well , have ended up in front in my syndicate for last four years. We £15 each a week only two of us and pick two teams each for 4 trebles and a fourfold.

Didn't know until checking today I was one off last weeks Sky Bet. Bloody Gills sinking my near 350/1 Accra.
  • Options
    Dont know if anyone follows any tipsters on twitter but watch out if they are affiliated. footieaccums have just been found out that they photoshop their bets to make it look like they are staking more than they actually do. And made over 500k last year from mugging people off.
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

Dont know if anyone follows any tipsters on twitter but watch out if they are affiliated. footieaccums have just been found out that they photoshop their bets to make it look like they are staking more than they actually do. And made over 500k last year from mugging people off.

Not a good week for them with SkyBet announcing they are terminating all affiliates after the recent press coverage and other firms presumably likely to follow suit
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

SkyBet have just ended their affiliate programme and I'm sure most other bookies will follow suit. So hopefully brings an end to all these pages
  • Options
    Advisable to avoid these at all costs, as I've been woeful so far this year. Nevertheless, I've gone big this week, got £50 spread across doubles, trebles and a 4-fold on the following:

Villa to beat Brentford, 1/1
    Wolves to beat the scum 4/5
    Charlton to beat Southend 13/10
    Fleetwood to beat Oldham -1 handicap, 2/1

Fourfold pays about 23/1. Checked the team news, done my research, all looks good on paper. Fully expecting Oldham to be 2-0 up within the first ten minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    MrLargo said:

Advisable to avoid these at all costs, as I've been woeful so far this year. Nevertheless, I've gone big this week, got £50 spread across doubles, trebles and a 4-fold on the following:

Villa to beat Brentford, 1/1
    Wolves to beat the scum 4/5
    Charlton to beat Southend 13/10
    Fleetwood to beat Oldham -1 handicap, 2/1

Fourfold pays about 23/1. Checked the team news, done my research, all looks good on paper. Fully expecting Oldham to be 2-0 up within the first ten minutes.

All four are in my acca, definitely on paper looks favourable. Wolves to beat Millwall looks a dead cert to me.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Wolves to beat Millwall looks excellent value so have done one single on that and an accy on too many teams to be sensible!

Wolves, Middlesbrough, Oxford, Charlton, Truro, Wrexham, Eastleigh, Man Utd. 157/1.
  • Options
    Truro to beat Whitehawk at 1.44 must be a good accy constituent. Truro 16pts from 9 games, Whitehawk 2 and a GD of -20 already.
  • Options

Wolves to beat Millwall looks excellent value so have done one single on that and an accy on too many teams to be sensible!

Wolves, Middlesbrough, Oxford, Charlton, Truro, Wrexham, Eastleigh, Man Utd. 157/1.

Is it? Millwall certainly performed better than their points tally to date. Not sure I'd consider 4/5 to be excellent value
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Truro to beat Whitehawk at 1.44 must be a good accy constituent. Truro 16pts from 9 games, Whitehawk 2 and a GD of -20 already.

I've been looking lower down the pyramid as they've played a few more games, so there's more form to go on.
    Truro were my top pick too. Throw in over 2.5 goals and you can get them around 6/5 (2.2)
  • Options
    a few bets as ever, todays cert:
    £5 - Returns £63.25 (bankroll builder)
    Arsenal
    Man U
    Leeds
    Wolves
    Charlton

never put Charlton normally, other 2 are 7 & 8 folds which return about £600. Be lucky!
  • Options
    Middlesbrough
    Wolves
    Scunny

around 13/2

• Options
    LosIng my money today will be

Charlton
    Chelsea
    QPR
    Villa
    Truro (coming after people if this lets it down)

19/1

Also for a nicker added wolves, Leeds, Fulham and Plymouth taking it up to 323/1
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Very impressed with Wellings mid week performance at Braintree.
    Poole have a bit of an injury crisis at the moment.
    Their supporters are trying to raise 8k for one of their players to have an op.
    This, plus they only managed a draw against Whitehawk, tells me they (Welling) look good at 23/20 (Skybet).
  • Options
    Wrexham in third to beat Torquay (bottom with 2 points from 8 games) in Torquay looks value at 17/10 on Bet365.