Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY Sports.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    After many attempts I've just managed to cancel sky sports through Virgin. 
    If anyone is struggling to do this the following should help.

Virgin media. Com/pauseskysports 
  • Options

Silly question perhaps but do you have Virgin ?

• Options
    I paused my Sky sports subscription last week and yesterday I was pleased to see it has been removed from my next bill
  • Options
    holyjo said:

Silly question perhaps but do you have Virgin ?

Yes
  • Options
    Just paused mine with Virgin & they say I can still watch Sky Sports during the pause period.
  • Options
    Her Indoors has just told me that BT Sport are offering a one-month credit. She says it's quite easy to apply on-line.

It's a start. 
  • Options
    I was gonna pause my sky sports but I've been really enjoying the premier league years re runs they've been doing so I've kept it for the time being 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Her Indoors has just told me that BT Sport are offering a one-month credit. She says it's quite easy to apply on-line.

It's a start. 
    Yes well done BT as it also appears they don't pause the contract either.
  • Options
    I was gonna pause my sky sports but I've been really enjoying the premier league years re runs they've been doing so I've kept it for the time being 
    You should  be able to pause and still keep the channels.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    You should  be able to pause and still keep the channels.
    Exactly this.
    I paused my sky sports subscription until live sports return but can still watch all the channels 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

It's a start. 
    Top man for posting this. 

And yup, it is easy to apply for the credit (or donate the money to the NHS.
  • Options
    If you pause your sky sports you get a bill reduction but still have access to the sports channels with all the repeats. 
  • Options
    Ah ok. Thanks everyone 
  • Options
    Yeah that’s crazy. I pushed sky sports and BT sport with Virgin and now, while they are going to charge me less I can still see as much as any poor sucker who is still paying,

surely they should do the stand up thing and pause  it for everyone on that basis?

• Options
    Yes, they should, but doesn't mean they will. Pausing is clever, it stops people cancelling and never returning. And keeping the channels available stops the advertisers from completely doing one.
  • Options
    I am am my wits end...... every time I try to pause Sports it says their are technical problems. Ive tries 20 times over five different days. I tried to do it on the App ..... still not working. When I ring they say the wait is one hour or two hours. What the fu** am I supposed to do ........twats
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    I am am my wits end...... every time I try to pause Sports it says their are technical problems. Ive tries 20 times over five different days. I tried to do it on the App ..... still not working. When I ring they say the wait is one hour or two hours. What the fu** am I supposed to do ........twats
    Have you tried the 0800 151 2747 number?  That sometimes gets you through quicker.

Failing that, ring just before 9.00 tomorrow (or whenever they open). That has always worked for me.

• Options
    Wouldn’t spend too much time trying to pause Sky Sports - football could be on its way back!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52161561
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

It's a start. 
    Yes well done BT as it also appears they don't pause the contract either.
    Just done this, thanks for the info.  The BT website says now a 2-month credit with another one to be added if no further live sport in June.   If you've already applied for one month then they will make the next repayment automatically.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Wouldn’t spend too much time trying to pause Sky Sports - football could be on its way back!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52161561
    no chance we will be watching live football anytime soon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got this email from Virgin when I requested a 'pause' .. no definition of 'when the action resumes'  .. and still able to watch the channels uuntil the action does resume lol .. a LOT better than nothing

Just a quick email to confirm that we’ve now paused your Sky Sports and BT Sport payments. Thanks for bearing with us while we got this sorted. 

We’ll be adding two different credits to your bill – look out for ‘Sky Sports credit’ and ‘BT Sport credit’.

We’ll keep your Sky Sports and BT Sport payments paused until the action resumes, and you won’t need to do anything to start enjoying it again. During this paused period, you’ll still be able to watch Sky Sports and BT Sport channels.

For help with anything else, please use our website for help and support – start here. As virus quarantine measures have closed some of our call centres, we’re asking that our customers work with us and only call if they have an urgent query that can’t wait.

Take care,
    The Virgin Media team

• Options
    I believe BT Sport are offering a second month's bill credit now. 
  • Options

If BT Sports is in your package their is now an option to pause it.
  • Options
    clive said:

If BT Sports is in your package their is now an option to pause it.
    Cheers Clive