Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY Sports.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I paused using  the automated phone system two hours ago (which was very easy), but I am still able to get all sports channels.
    Does anyone know how long they take to implement the request?
    I don't think they delete the channels mate but will make an adjustment to your monthly bill. Presumably they will then start charging again once sports coverage is back up and running again.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I paused using  the automated phone system two hours ago (which was very easy), but I am still able to get all sports channels.
    I don't think they delete the channels mate but will make an adjustment to your monthly bill. Presumably they will then start charging again once sports coverage is back up and running again.
    Ah......that makes sense, cheers K.👍
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I lost mine the following day. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Mmmmm.......confusion reigns?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    RedChaser said:
    Strange mine are still there, there are several ways you can do it but I used the online facility on Thursday. I'll keep an eye on the next Direct Debit though.
  • Options
    BT Sport dragging their heels a bit. Their website says you've got to ring them and talk to them about your contract. I'll try that but fully expect no-one to answer the phone! 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    There's a photo posted by Talal on page 3 of this thread from Sky where it says all 11 sky sports channels will remain available. So you shouldn't have lost them.
  • Options
    Anyone with Eurosport.

I spoke to them via twitter, and they suspended my next payment and said they are keeping a close eye on what happens, i will probably go back in a few weeks and see if they are willing to suspend Aprils as well as there will still be no sport then.

I only use Eurosport for snooker lol
  • Options
    As I have Sky talk as well, I am now getting my phone calls for free
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    A nice little sweetener as they’ve just announced a price rise. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why don't they automatically do it, don't buy into how good they are, they should be doing it anyway.  Plus , I had a letter last week putting sky hd up by £1.50
    per month, but not letting me know I could get a reduction in sky sports which I found I was entitled to on here.

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    ross1 said:
    A nice little sweetener as they’ve just announced a price rise. 
    I always haggle when my contract is up and always get it cheaper
  • Options
    cblock said:
    Why don't they automatically do it, don't buy into how good they are, they should be doing it anyway.  Plus , I had a letter last week putting sky hd up by £1.50
    per month, but not letting me know I could get a reduction in sky sports which I found I was entitled to on here.

They don't have to though. BT sport customers on contract for example don't get anything.

I do agree though if you're going to do it just do it and save your entire customer base contacting you
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Strange mine are still there, there are several ways you can do it but I used the online facility on Thursday. I'll keep an eye on the next Direct Debit though.
    I paused mine yesterday with the online facility and the sports channels are still there today.  I noticed at the time that my monthly bill reduced significantly which is a good way to see if it has actually been implemented.  I actually took advantage at the same time to sign up for the Sky Movies for a month at £8.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Good to hear and thanks for the feedback @Raith_C_Chattonell , haven't had the latest bill yet but all sports channels still up and running a week on 👍.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    cblock said:

I don't know how many subscribers they have but if only 50k people don't know about it or don't bother to pause it, then at 20 quid a month that's a million quid a month extra they're getting for nothing. It's not exactly the right thing to do, but no business is going to just chuck that kind of money away if it doesn't have to.
  • Options
    Still nothing from NOW TV. There angle is as they are postponed, not cancelled, they will be shown again at some point so wait and see. I bought an annual pass on a deal back in Aug.
  • Options
    cblock said:

I don't know how many subscribers they have but if only 50k people don't know about it or don't bother to pause it, then at 20 quid a month that's a million quid a month extra they're getting for nothing. It's not exactly the right thing to do, but no business is going to just chuck that kind of money away if it doesn't have to.
    Not the right thing to do at all - it is awful behaviour. In these troubled times this incredible rich business should be doing exactly that. 

One would hope that if anything good comes out of this crisis it will be a different view of the world, where we no longer adhere to this learned idea that "it's okay because it's business". I won't hold my breath...     
  • Options
    Still nothing from Virgin Media!
  • Options
    Just tried to pause Sky Sports

"Sorry we are having technical difficulties ; please try later"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t know how true this is but heard that BT sport have refused to pay premiership rugby clubs during this time of no games. However they don’t make it easy to cancel a subscription for its customers. It seems that a number of teams are already on the brink due to this. Doesn’t seem right to me. 
  • Options
    Paused it and my bill for next month has gone down, but hasn’t gone down for the following months. Is this the same for anyone else?
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Paused it and my bill for next month has gone down, but hasn’t gone down for the following months. Is this the same for anyone else?
    I think it's on a month by month basis as no one knows when live sport will return.
  • Options
    Ross said:

Yes.  My next bill is 69p, then £22 for the basic TV on the following bill, and the month after that back to £45.
  • Options
    Still nothing from NOW TV. There angle is as they are postponed, not cancelled, they will be shown again at some point so wait and see. I bought an annual pass on a deal back in Aug.
    In the same boat , would be hoping for some sort of extension but not hopeful. 
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    Just tried to pause Sky Sports

"Sorry we are having technical difficulties ; please try later"
    Been like it all day ........ anyone else having the same problem

• Options
    Nug said:
    Don’t know how true this is but heard that BT sport have refused to pay premiership rugby clubs during this time of no games. However they don’t make it easy to cancel a subscription for its customers. It seems that a number of teams are already on the brink due to this. Doesn’t seem right to me. 
    Sky must be fuming, as from what i've read they paid the seasons 2nd instalment out to all the Premier league clubs in February just before this virus became a lot worse.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Sky must be fuming, as from what i've read they paid the seasons 2nd instalment out to all the Premier league clubs in February just before this virus became a lot worse.
    In both cases I guess that payment depends on how the contract is worded? Acts of God/Force Majeure and all that?    
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Let's not lose too much sleep over Sky's well-being.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Let's not lose too much sleep over Sky's well-being.
    This. They rinse their customers, especially for the sports channels and the constant price increases take the piss. We usually manage to haggle them down on prices but that just proves they're overcharging in the first place.